• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Stratics and Malware...

Emil Ispep

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I saw something posted about this a few weeks ago, but could not find the thread to post this.. so ill start anew one.

Going to the rares forum, I get an alert from Norton saying "an intrusion attempt by numberssayt.biz was blocked... malicious toolkit website 21" and it blocks out one of the banners on the top of the page. Been happening pretty frequently actually past couple of days.

Just a heads up :bowdown:

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Thank you for this. Google cannot find any malware on Stratics at the moment:

Norton does have a history of false positives, but numberssayt.biz sounds like an advertiser tracking cookie. I'll ask our advertisers to investigate.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Personally, I'd ditch Norton for a lighter package. I use Advanced System Care to keep the system clean and Avast for virus protection. For the web, Firefox with security addons take care of the rest.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
This is from our advertiser:

Yes that is our ad tag. Next time you see the malaware ad use a web debugger to determine its true provider. Also if you could provide screenshots that would help us troubleshoot if it is indeed coming from us.

Emil Ispep

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow thanks for the quick replies and info Taylor. Its too bad we cant get this kind of support in game =). If I see the alert again, ill post a screenie.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
That would be greatly appreciated. We don't want any malware at Stratics. Enough technical problems around here. :)