• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Strange loot issue

Zanz

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I just returned to UO after a 10+ year break. I am using the EC.

I have done a bit of hunting with creatures of varying difficulty. The most difficult being a greater dragon. I have noticed that I will get loot from 5 or 6 enemies, then the next 5 to 10 will have no loot at all. Even if I carve the corpse, there will be no hides or meat. Is this something that was added to limit the amount of gold? I have been sticking to Trammel for all of my hunts.

I asked in the help channel in game if this was normal and players online at the time said that i should get some kind of loot from every kill.

Anyone else experiencing this issue? I really hate trying to build up my gold reserve and not getting any loot at all from things I kill. I might trying using the classic client, but I really like the EC more.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes you should get something if its greater dragons and definitely get gold in each corpse. Maybe the client was being buggy. Did you close the corpse and try to re-open it again and check?

Grincao

Visitor
I have had this happen in EC. I haven't noticed what seems to cause it, but reloading the interface (Ctrl + R) causes the loot to appear.

Zanz

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I did not try closing and reopening or cntl-r . I will do a bit more hunting tonight and try both. This is happening on both of my newly reactivated accounts though and for any characters I hunt with. That does make it seem like it would be a client issue especially since it sounds like i should be getting something from everything i kill. I don't have any friends on UO that I know anymore otherwise I would party up with them and have them check the corpse after me to see if they see loot. Maybe ill try to find someone tonight to test with. Everyone has been pretty friendly so far. Thanks for the replies.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I've not failed to see loot on a corpse in EC, but I've often opened my backpack and found it looking empty - a bit of a fright - and had to quit and restart for stuff to reappear. Sigh, who is it that signs all his posts "Fix the EC"?

Zanaver

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I've not failed to see loot on a corpse in EC, but I've often opened my backpack and found it looking empty - a bit of a fright - and had to quit and restart for stuff to reappear. Sigh, who is it that signs all his posts "Fix the EC"?
This has happened to me as well.

Zanz

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I have the empty backpack issue as well. Closing and opening usually works for me. I did use the cntl-r reload that was suggested and that did make the loot appear for all the things i killed. Thanks for the help everyone.

Barok

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Buggy EC.

When this happens to me I either close/reopen the container, change the size of the container, or switch in and out of list mode. The items will then show up.

Until the next container, rinse-repeat.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Go to settings, under legacy, and untoggle the default container setting. This will give you grid option or list option to see items in EC.

Once you do that, you can change the view mode with the "+" button that is on container. Sometimes you need to toggle back and forth real quick with the button to see loot, but it should always be there. No need to close out of client.