Strange Freezing Glitches

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
A

andy1796

They have been happening so much I am just exploding right know. I was in the Front Three at a Bossbot HQ run, and we were at the last fight, the club president. After a long time into the fight, my game froze for about 5 minutes. After it is over, I see a -17, forcing me to go sad, (Although I still had 42 Laff points in my meter.) I hate to see this happening just because of their freezing glitches. It has happened during one of my V.P. runs too. I am tired of this happening and I hope the administrators will get working on fixing the glitch.

*+Update+*
Plus I don't get why the toon up gag scoring is so screwed up. I can only get about 5 points for that gag in an hour. I wanted to get the lipstick before 11 today but it only gives my ONE point when I used SIX toon-up gags. I should have gotten EIGHT points.

M

MissLilyFuzzyfoot

I feel you! Been happening to me, even on the "good" compy (my roommates amazing, gorgeous Mac).

Grr.

T

toontownhappy

Plus I don't get why the toon up gag scoring is so screwed up. I can only get about 5 points for that gag in an hour. I wanted to get the lipstick before 11 today but it only gives my ONE point when I used SIX toon-up gags. I should have gotten EIGHT points.
Did all of the gags work? You only get points for using the gag if it "hits" the toon. You can tell if the gag worked, based on what the toon you tooned-up says after the gag is used (as well as how much laff was given). If the toon says something that's either in all caps or starts with a capital letter, the gag worked and you get the credit for it. If the word(s) start with a lowercase letter, you didn't get points. Example: You use a feather on a rabbit. The rabbit says "heh heh," with lowercase h's; you don't get credit. If the rabbit says "Ha Ha," with capital H's, you do get credit.
As far as I know, anyway. :)
And by "toon says" I mean "what comes up in the automatically-generated speech bubble," not "what my SF says during our conversation that just happens to start with a capital letter." lol

F

Fangs McWolf

Did all of the gags work? You only get points for using the gag if it "hits" the toon. You can tell if the gag worked, based on what the toon you tooned-up says after the gag is used (as well as how much laff was given). If the toon says something that's either in all caps or starts with a capital letter, the gag worked and you get the credit for it. If the word(s) start with a lowercase letter, you didn't get points. Example: You use a feather on a rabbit. The rabbit says "heh heh," with lowercase h's; you don't get credit. If the rabbit says "Ha Ha," with capital H's, you do get credit.
As far as I know, anyway. :)
And by "toon says" I mean "what comes up in the automatically-generated speech bubble," not "what my SF says during our conversation that just happens to start with a capital letter." lol
Also there must be at least a 1 point toon up. If no one gets any laff, then no points are awarded.

So to make it simple, at least one toon (being tooned up) must get at least one or more laff points restored AND they have to have at least one letter in caps in their automatically generated laugh.

Using toon up, toon says, "Ha Ha!" and gets +1 (or more) restored, you get credit.

Using toon up, toon says "hee hee" -OR- gets NO laff restored, you get no credit.

Can be a pain to train when it misses a lot.

M

MissLilyFuzzyfoot

Thats good to know about the toon up, I always thought you got credit unless it was a one world reply like "heh". Cool beans.

Also I'm just doing the Coin Mint and I'm backward! As in I see everybody else, but I'm behind looking at it from behind the cogs ... so strange! Wish I would have gotten a screen shot, but I'm not sure how to on the Mac. Hmm...

And do you all go grey in cog golf sometimes?

F

Fangs McWolf

Also I'm just doing the Coin Mint and I'm backward! As in I see everybody else, but I'm behind looking at it from behind the cogs ... so strange!/QUOTE]
That's the "cogs view" bug. The first person in battle will sometimes experience this. Then when the cog on the far right (from toons view) is killed, the screen goes grey. Everything returns to normal when the toons finish dancing.

It's one of the main reasons that I let others go into battle first. That and when everyone tries to join at once, I usually get stuck waiting to join the battle.

M

MissLilyFuzzyfoot

Also I'm just doing the Coin Mint and I'm backward! As in I see everybody else, but I'm behind looking at it from behind the cogs ... so strange!/QUOTE]
That's the "cogs view" bug. The first person in battle will sometimes experience this. Then when the cog on the far right (from toons view) is killed, the screen goes grey. Everything returns to normal when the toons finish dancing.

It's one of the main reasons that I let others go into battle first. That and when everyone tries to join at once, I usually get stuck waiting to join the battle.

I see! (Said the blind man peeing into the wind!).

I always wondered why people got stuck trying to get into the battle!