• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Storytelling Event Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mr hawk

I have two Questions about this story telling event.

One, How much say did the "player" judges have on the winner of this event?

Two, due to all the bull**** from players on this shard, does that mean the rewards have become 1of1? and now can be sold for out of this world amounts of gold? *looks at rares forum*

Thank you for your time.
Hawk

EM Spriggan

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
1. The player judges and I each had an equal say. The way it worked was we each picked the ones we thought were the best, then compared them. First place winner was the only one we all four agreed on, the second and third each had an equal number of votes and we discussed which was the better story before making a final decision.

2. This is only the second event I've done that had any one of one rewards. The first was the introductory 'evil' event that dropped White Cloud's Tooth (from the boss monster)

Angel Dust

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
very good point hawk. Alrdy have one for sale. I personnaly have decided not to sell my statue. This is the first thing I have ever won in my 9 yrs of UO. It will forever be on display in my museum for everyone to see. Sprig you did an awsome job on event and what happened was not your fault, you and bennu keep doin what your doin.

Chad Sexington

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
very good point hawk. Alrdy have one for sale. I personnaly have decided not to sell my statue. This is the first thing I have ever won in my 9 yrs of UO. It will forever be on display in my museum for everyone to see. Sprig you did an awsome job on event and what happened was not your fault, you and bennu keep doin what your doin.
This is the first time I've ever won anything, but I don't have an attachment to anything in-game.

That's the good thing about running your own fan site for so many years. I can take a screenshot, write a little story, and put it up on the site and it'll be worth more than any in-game item. And I'm betting my site will still be up decades after UO closes.

(Ye swines!)

:fight:

M

Mr hawk

1. The player judges and I each had an equal say. The way it worked was we each picked the ones we thought were the best, then compared them. First place winner was the only one we all four agreed on, the second and third each had an equal number of votes and we discussed which was the better story before making a final decision.

2. This is only the second event I've done that had any one of one rewards. The first was the introductory 'evil' event that dropped White Cloud's Tooth (from the boss monster)
Okay thank you, nothing wrong with one of one rewards.
One last question will the herding and thief event have the same reward, also the persons who won the mage event? Just making sure its a true one of one.

Hawk

EM Spriggan

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Okay thank you, nothing wrong with one of one rewards.
One last question will the herding and thief event have the same reward, also the persons who won the mage event? Just making sure its a true one of one.

Hawk
Not sure yet on the rewards. Under normal circumstances we're not allowed to give items this way at all, but Mesanna made a special exception for the llama festival. The original plan was to have each event give the same statues but each set would have the event name on it. As it happened, the only event that actually worked out well was the storytelling. Since the other events have to be rescheduled, I don't know yet if I'll be able to give item rewards for them.

Skrag

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I really love the way you guys run all this stuff as giant rares giveaway, by the way. The 80 people screaming "GIEV SASH PLZ!!11!" really help me get into the storyline of whatever event is going on. And the widespread perception that the whole thing is dictated by favortism (which will persist no matter HOW you give away the handful of rares) totally makes it more pleasant.

M

Mr hawk

I really love the way you guys run all this stuff as giant rares giveaway, by the way. The 80 people screaming "GIEV SASH PLZ!!11!" really help me get into the storyline of whatever event is going on. And the widespread perception that the whole thing is dictated by favortism (which will persist no matter HOW you give away the handful of rares) totally makes it more pleasant.
The best is
"Buying ___ item? before the event is over, or during the ending role play Or
"What dropped" during the event.

PASmountaindew

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I personally don't think EMs should give any rewards for any event. I think the reward for the event is the act of attending the event and getting the fun from participating in it. If you have to have tangible rewards for events then you are not there for the actual event... you are just there to try to get the reward/special item.

M

Mr hawk

I personally don't think EMs should give any rewards for any event. I think the reward for the event is the act of attending the event and getting the fun from participating in it. If you have to have tangible rewards for events then you are not there for the actual event... you are just there to try to get the reward/special item.
Look at the number of people at "player" run event and "em" events. I wonder why that is?

Skrag

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So give some kind of item to everyone who shows up. Have whatever drop off of every corpse. The EM program shouldn't be in business to make mega-millionaires out of a lucky few, or to cater to greedy swine who are only happy if they get something and other people don't.

Or just keep handing **** out to whoever follows Danica around the most. It's not like these people don't talk.

Bennu

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Or just keep handing **** out to whoever follows Danica around the most. It's not like these people don't talk.
Uh, what?

As it stands Dancia hasn't handed anything to anyone, ever.

PASmountaindew

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think this thread has gone past the point of constructiveness and I think now is a good time to lock it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.