• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

story teller night

wanderer1origin

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
what happened to this fun event ??

i will put up a prize of a soulstone frag for a good story at one!!!!!!!

will add a prize for host, if a good gathering!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Author

C

Crystal Canyon

what happened to this fun event ??

i will put up a prize of a soulstone frag for a good story at one!!!!!!!

will add a prize for host, if a good gathering!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Author
Was a great event. I know I enjoyed it.

Maybe we should do a story thread here on the forums. One where someone starts it and everyone adds to it. That is really fun to do.

If anyone is interested, Id be glad to start one! :)

Multani

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do It.

These boards are slow anyways, a story will atleast give me something to read.

Hi_im_from_atl

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im rather hurt not even a mention of .exe in your story =<

Heh maybe i will give it a shot but im not one for RP.

C

Crystal Canyon

Im rather hurt not even a mention of .exe in your story =<

Heh maybe i will give it a shot but im not one for RP.
Oh but that is the reason I left it open to "who else might be hiding in wait to defend or to destroy?" I was hoping that other "brave warriors" would join in the fight to take over Yew.

I wantd to "lure" a few others into posting because the beginning didnt include them specifically!

Exe. should most definantly devise a way to be a part of the take over! Please do add to the story!

If no one does, I will be temped to finish it the way I tell the tale....and believe me when I say, "No one is going to appriciate it!" LOL

C

Crystal Canyon

You did a superb job on the story line Atl!

I sure hope you add more. :)

M

Morgaine

Crystal.. awesome as always, I love the first part of the story! :)

Atl.. kind of impressed, very nice

I do wish i could've added more, but kids are going a lil nuts and well being so early my concentration just isnt here right now lol

but I hope I left it at a spot someone else could eaily pick it up and run with it... which I hope they do

C

Crystal Canyon

THE END!!!!!
NOT THE END!

Geez! Grow up already.

@ Intoxication...this is a FANTASY story. There can be dungeons, hiways, you name it...even little blue smurfs if thats what anyone wants.

Thank You. :)

M

Morgaine

My mistake.. like i said in my other post concentration wasnt all here.. but thanks for pointing it out Intox.. and miss tiger... my apologies for screwing it up for you.. not like you would have something to say anyhow.....

C

Crystal Canyon

My mistake.. like i said in my other post concentration wasnt all here.. but thanks for pointing it out Intox.. and miss tiger... my apologies for screwing it up for you.. not like you would have something to say anyhow.....

It is not messed up at all Morgaine! You did a great job! As I said, it is all fantasy and just because the story started in Yew does not mean it can't continue on other grounds. As soon as I finish my work, I intend to continue the story...that is unless some other people wish to post their thoughts.

I

Intoxication

I'm not saying there was anything wrong with her post in the story. that part of it is fine. just that it needs to link from the fields to a cave. even if its fantasy things need to tie together. maybe add at the beginning that the fighters deiced to move the fight to another place. Other then that i thought the post was took the story along fine. not sure happen to it after that. it would just be a lot more interesting if things did stay inline with the post before. yes the story can be twisted and turned how ever the next poster chooses but it would go a lot better if it linked nicely.

I

Intoxication

there i added to the story and tried to tie things back in a little. had to stop myself before i wrote a book =-/

C

Crystal Canyon

there i added to the story and tried to tie things back in a little. had to stop myself before i wrote a book =-/
That was great, Intoxication.

Really made you feel like you were in a hole filled with stench and death. I was so happy to get to the end where you said that they felt the air on thier face...I was begining to have a hard time breathing!

Nice job.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ya'll should more clearly state what you want from others who participate.

gunneroforgin

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok Viguire tie this to the rest of the story . Please, where are you going with this. Is beowulf one of the people in the the acient wyrmm's lair or the stealther?

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Gunner wrote:

"ok Viguire tie this to the rest of the story . Please, where are you going with this."

The story takes place in Yew, and the previous installment seemed to be at a junction where a scenery change took place. I could write something about what happened after the previous group emerged into the sunlight, but I am not a member of any of the aforementioned groups and would not attempt to write about what I do not know. No attempt to hi jack the thread, I read CC's post about luring others to participate and felt I had been invited.

If I have violated the format please let me know and I will place this work in its own thread, and attempt to find a meaningful way to participate within whatever guidelines have been proscribed.

I

Intoxication

your story had nothing to do with the story we were telling. if you wanna make a new story start a new thread. not trying to be mean but....

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Intoxication,

I'm not sure what to make of this comment.

"hummmm i dont think cut and paste from another story counts. we should clean this thread up and take out the posts that have nothing to do with the story."

Part of me is pleased that you think it looks decent enough to have been posted somewhere and I found and copied it. The other part of me is understandably offended that you think I can't write. I have moved my post to its own thread in order to keep you guys thread clean for a real story telling feel. Your work as a group has good potential and looks like a fun endeavor.

Seems a shame that, without having posted any real rules, you want to limit contributions to what you find acceptable. Perhaps I shall try again in a more limited way and see what kind of response I get. I just find it impossible to write about something I can't visualize. It would be very unfair of me to write about your characters because I don't know them and unjust to everyone to portray interactions between my characters and yours that have never happened.

Anyway, keep it up and I'll try and find a place to jump in.

C

Crystal Canyon

Intoxication,

I'm not sure what to make of this comment.

"hummmm i dont think cut and paste from another story counts. we should clean this thread up and take out the posts that have nothing to do with the story."

Part of me is pleased that you think it looks decent enough to have been posted somewhere and I found and copied it. The other part of me is understandably offended that you think I can't write. I have moved my post to its own thread in order to keep you guys thread clean for a real story telling feel. Your work as a group has good potential and looks like a fun endeavor.

Seems a shame that, without having posted any real rules, you want to limit contributions to what you find acceptable. Perhaps I shall try again in a more limited way and see what kind of response I get. I just find it impossible to write about something I can't visualize. It would be very unfair of me to write about your characters because I don't know them and unjust to everyone to portray interactions between my characters and yours that have never happened.

Anyway, keep it up and I'll try and find a place to jump in.
Oh Viquire, Please don't move it. I was very impressed with your writing. I think some were just unclear if you were one of the warriors that survived the battle with the Ancients or possibly the stealther that lured them to the dungeon.

Im sorry, it was my fault and I really didnt make it very clear how to continue the story line. I think the actual idea and what I meant to happen was posted in this thread higher up. I should have also posted it in the actual story thread.

Please don't feel offended. Your story line was so good, now I even hate to post any more to the story. You are certainly a great writer.

Ever thought of publishing a book? Or have you already?

I

Intoxication

weather it was something you wrote or not has nothing to do with it. it was part of another story that had nothing to do with what was already in the story. my char was never any part of the story and the part i added had nothing to do with me or anyone in my guild. i just went with the story. your story as a story is fine it just doesnt fit with what was already posted.

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok here's what I'm gonna do, cause the story is shaping up nicely. All comments about the story are going to get moved to this thread. Just post story additions in the other thread and comments here.

And for the love of all things UO, let's not let opinions and grudges get in the way of this. This is a really neat idea.
Oriana