• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Story Drawing to a close.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The RP story In The Still of The Night is drawing to a close. It is our hope that you have enjoyed Aedon's story. I thank you all for your time in reading, and your patience with a couple of rather long posts.

outcry

Slightly Crazed
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The stories are wonderful but I am sure like many we are sad to see a good player leave

Scarst

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I stopped reading after the clang one and decided to just wait until all post were done, mainly because I was expected to do something else at the time, I read pieces of others and if you don't come back and say "Hello!" sometime we will hunt you down, I knew I should have put you in the cage.

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have been looking forward to each new post. I will admit this sliver of fiction has been the best part of UO for me lately. If only it were an introduction plot instead of an exit.

I am glad I met you before you ... took a break... Aedon. I can say I am happier for the experience. You hold rp to a standard we should all follow.

I'd like to add the story to my small collection if you don't mind?

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Story all done. Consider that you have been taken there, and back again. Now one of you get busy and write something for me to read.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Great story, I enjoyed reading it.

I'm in the middle of a stint of 3 years of writer's block (darn real life is blocking my writing time...), so someone else will have to take up the reigns.

Though I still owe Angua a story or play. One of these days I'll pay that debt with interest.

Scarst

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would but I'm not the best writer ad nothing is actually going on that would spur me to write anything, last time I wrote it was to explain why I wasn't playing Scarst for awhile and Tyr asked for a story! Needless to say I would have been better off just playing.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pah, anyone can write. A story is a conversation or thoughts put to paper. Over my years playing UO I have read many offerings from all sorts of folks. And I have read them all, and enjoyed the brief views into the world of other characters.

Time, and what many refer to as a writer's block can stand between us and the written word. But the trick to getting through those times is to simply continue to write. It need not be War and Peace, or even come up to the level in our minds of See Spot Run. But it is in continuing to practice the art of writing that we find those stories we wish to tell to others. And from time to time, we may even please ourselves.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pah, anyone can write. A story is a conversation or thoughts put to paper. Over my years playing UO I have read many offerings from all sorts of folks. And I have read them all, and enjoyed the brief views into the world of other characters.

Time, and what many refer to as a writer's block can stand between us and the written word. But the trick to getting through those times is to simply continue to write. It need not be War and Peace, or even come up to the level in our minds of See Spot Run. But it is in continuing to practice the art of writing that we find those stories we wish to tell to others. And from time to time, we may even please ourselves.
See Scarst.

See Scarst Run.

Go Scarst go!

T

Thyrrkyzzz

*ahem*

*a lumpy silken scroll is found early one morning on the door step’s of the Knight’s Rest; the inking is a viscous rusty brown*

To Aedon Durreah of accursed Connemara, formerly of the Emerald Kingdom: We have heard of your recent change, and send this missive in concern. We pray to HER that you may read this letter prior to your eventual sacrifice/enslavement/consumption by HER children.

I remember hearing you and the sublime and venomous Illharess Glenni’teroth wrestle with words, often with no small amount of intrigue or collateral mayhem. I remember someone abducting your mate, Jannison Venroe, on behalf of the twilight of Noir. (Now there was a human female worth enslaving… for LLOTH, of course). I remember a little mouse breaking in to the prison of Connemara and rescuing some forlorn soldat. May LLOTH let my weak and feeble memories ornament HER silk pavilion before SHE cuts them from HER web to fall in to the great darkness.

Among all filthy, craven humans, you have woven an epic to bind many epics across Britannia, the Underdark, Tokuno, Illshenar, and the Lost Lands. Amongst all foolish human cattle, I submit that you have created timeless, priceless things that no one can steal or take in ransom or tribute. Your works may even spark admiration among other illithyrren, even while they drag you to the sacrifice altar or slave pens, and for that, I will one day grant you a quick and painless death.

We pray for LLOTH to return you and yours to the fullness of your past health, hopefully to feed the hungry swarm of HER children and perhaps to spin other stories. If not, may LLOTH grant your stories to hang long after SHE has devoured your kin and children.

I do not expect a response or to ever meet again. I send this from my silken seat in the Keep in the Lost Lands, where I ask the visitors there to refrain from harming HER hungry, teeming masses. On HER leave, I occasionally plunder the sheepish human masses on behalf of the Astaroth, Faulinei, Nosfentor, and their faction.

May darkness keep your house.

Thyrr’kyzz, Keeper of Lies, former Warlord and House Assassin for Ten Thousand Eyes

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*ahem*

*a lumpy silken scroll is found early one morning on the door step’s of the Knight’s Rest; the inking is a viscous rusty brown*

To Aedon Durreah of accursed Connemara, formerly of the Emerald Kingdom: We have heard of your recent change, and send this missive in concern. We pray to HER that you may read this letter prior to your eventual sacrifice/enslavement/consumption by HER children.

I remember hearing you and the sublime and venomous Illharess Glenni’teroth wrestle with words, often with no small amount of intrigue or collateral mayhem. I remember someone abducting your mate, Jannison Venroe, on behalf of the twilight of Noir. (Now there was a human female worth enslaving… for LLOTH, of course). I remember a little mouse breaking in to the prison of Connemara and rescuing some forlorn soldat. May LLOTH let my weak and feeble memories ornament HER silk pavilion before SHE cuts them from HER web to fall in to the great darkness.

Among all filthy, craven humans, you have woven an epic to bind many epics across Britannia, the Underdark, Tokuno, Illshenar, and the Lost Lands. Amongst all foolish human cattle, I submit that you have created timeless, priceless things that no one can steal or take in ransom or tribute. Your works may even spark admiration among other illithyrren, even while they drag you to the sacrifice altar or slave pens, and for that, I will one day grant you a quick and painless death.

We pray for LLOTH to return you and yours to the fullness of your past health, hopefully to feed the hungry swarm of HER children and perhaps to spin other stories. If not, may LLOTH grant your stories to hang long after SHE has devoured your kin and children.

I do not expect a response or to ever meet again. I send this from my silken seat in the Keep in the Lost Lands, where I ask the visitors there to refrain from harming HER hungry, teeming masses. On HER leave, I occasionally plunder the sheepish human masses on behalf of the Astaroth, Faulinei, Nosfentor, and their faction.

May darkness keep your house.

Thyrr’kyzz, Keeper of Lies, former Warlord and House Assassin for Ten Thousand Eyes
*bows slightly with hand over heart*

It is with no small amount of respect that I recall the Illharess. Your words, though dripping with the venom of HER bring back to mind many fond memories of well woven arguments between myself and your Illharess. She was a formidable foe.

It is out of respect for HER station that I have kept a small box of her private stock which SHE sent to the Rest from time to time. If one as lowly as you would be permitted, I invite you to drop by the tavern one night and share a flagon of HER poison with me.

Aedon Durreah

T

Thyrrkyzzz

*bows at the waist; shortly, slowly*

We withdraw our previous farewell, and accept your invitation. We look forward to the audience with old neighbors, and will probably visit in the hour before midnight on the first day of the week, Lloth permitting.