• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

stop causing drama in house chat

G

ok I think I have just about seen everything in this forum now, LMAO ya'll are fighting over fighting LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
Ok I gotta put in my 2 cents.
If someone brings it to me, I am not the type to back down, and I am not going to be insulted without retribution. I don't go looking for fights, but I'm not backing down from one either. We have a right to stick up for ourselves rather it be in open room chat or IM.
The other night, i was at my house and a fairly new sim comes in repeatedly sends me and my friend negatives, and then openly insults me after I had cooked for him and had given him warnings about negative ineractions, after about 20 minutes of this i booted and banned him but forgot to put him on iggy, and he sends me an IM calling me a disgusting slut. I then put him on iggy.
I am sorry, but ppl like that deserve a good old fashioned azz whoopin. and had i been in a different mood he more than likely woulda got one.

G

*TTL*

Maybe you have to have spent 5 years in AFK houses to appreciate a little drama now and then.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

i agree, nothing is more annoying then listen to fights and drama in open chat.

[/ QUOTE ]

I respectfully disagree !

Nothing is more annoying then listening to "I love you hunnybunny snugglekins" .... "No, I love you more pooky boo" ... queue hotkiss music and "mmmmm baby".

On a size 8 lot, why oh why do they always have to make out 2 tiles from where I am sitting/standing/having a meltdown????

Polly

[/ QUOTE ]

ROFLMAO, I so agree with you. When that happens, i'm ready to pass out the barf bags....hehehehe, my bad

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

If you have a problem with someone, DO NOT address them in house chat.
Send them a private message instead of making it public.

Although I haven't seen many "fights" break out lately, I did tonight... and was incredibly shocked.

Anything you say in house chat, is fair play for anyone reading it to comment on.
If you're going to get upset over other people "butting in," then keep the issue private between you and the person you are angry with, for whatever reason.

[/ QUOTE ]
I can see this Post is targeted at me, from last night at The PlayJam Mansion. I simply asked the girl to ask next time before taking a table with Jams on them. She said she didn't see any, I said okay that's fine but be sure to ask next time because I was on that table and left some jams there to go green. It was no big deal to someone decided to intervene, then I told the girl it was not her place and that I was not speaking to her. Plus Chelsea, you contradicted yourself, instead of as you say, "Send them a private message instead of making it public." Except you came to Stratics and posted, which is no big deal but don't be a hypocrite.

Edit to add: And I see it as nothing major, I didn't yell, raise hell, or use any profanity. So, there was no need to take it to IM.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dont think I was there for that, but did see one break out that eve myself and these are my thoughts, thinking it was a full moon that night:

If you want to keep your jams you started and left, please please please ask a roomie to turn your table for you until you done greening and problem is solved
We would be more than happy to do this for you

There are so many that start jams, poof an never come back and with the traffic we have its easy to see how someone would finish off what looks like an abandoned partial case.

Second point, in my case after 15 mins of the drama and one sim neg'ing the other, when we roomies ask you to stop please be respectful and not give us lip as we work very hard to keep you in food and serenade's and really dont deserve the disrespect I received that night, should I have to boot its only for the night, everyone's entitled to a bad day

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

If you have a problem with someone, DO NOT address them in house chat.
Send them a private message instead of making it public.

Although I haven't seen many "fights" break out lately, I did tonight... and was incredibly shocked.

Anything you say in house chat, is fair play for anyone reading it to comment on.
If you're going to get upset over other people "butting in," then keep the issue private between you and the person you are angry with, for whatever reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can see this Post is targeted at me, from last night at The PlayJam Mansion. I simply asked the girl to ask next time before taking a table with Jams on them. She said she didn't see any, I said okay that's fine but be sure to ask next time because I was on that table and left some jams there to go green. It was no big deal to someone decided to intervene, then I told the girl it was not her place and that I was not speaking to her. Plus Chelsea, you contradicted yourself, instead of as you say, "Send them a private message instead of making it public." Except you came to Stratics and posted, which is no big deal but don't be a hypocrite.

Edit to add: And I see it as nothing major, I didn't yell, raise hell, or use any profanity. So, there was no need to take it to IM.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have to be kidding! Right? You cannot possibly think that our little quibble about your EMPTY crate (with absolutely no jams in it)..amounted to a fight..do you? I TRULY do not think the poster was referring to us, Maverick. A fight entails yelling at one another, calling names, sometimes cursing, and even using negative interactions. What we had was a "quibble" or more aptly a "disagreement". I've seen people really fight in TSO, and our tiny quibble wasn't anything except just that.

I jumped on a table that appeared to be empty.

See, as a returning player, I did not realize there was some "new rule" that applied to empty crates. In my many years of TSO before I returned, it was common for the lot host/hostess to actually begin each jam table with an empty crate, it was a hospitality thing. Please don't over dramatize the situation any more than it was, by saying that you had jams there when you and I, and everyone else on the property <u>know that you didn't.</u>

Raise your hand if you remember those days when hosts put out empty crates for the jammers {edit} to help them begin to jam faster. I remember it distinctly.

Anyway, I apologized profusely, for taking over your "crate" and believed that you and I had ironed out that particular misunderstanding...even after I error 23'd: I IM'd the host to thank him for his hospitality (because I hate leaving a lot w/o doing so) and asked the host to tell you, (in a light-hearted manner) that I was truly not trying to clepto your empty crate. *grin* I even LOL'd in that post to the host (yay rhyme).

And btw, "that girls" name is Jasmine Moon=ME. As it says in my EA profile. I'm pretty much an open book. I appreciate your thinking that I would be offended by not mentioning my name...but I didn't do anything wrong..I merely made a mistake, not knowing that leaving empty crates means someone is coming back..we always finished crates before greening...in fact, I still do.

I'm truly not trying to dog u, but by your statement above, you'd think we had an all out rumble ending with tearing someone's heart out! *laugh*...I don't think this post was about us: please don't include me in this vanity fair! If you think this post was about us, it's my humble opinion that you stop taking that small indecent so seriously! It was <u>JUST</u> an empty crate...AND there were open and available jam tables around, besides the one you spent 1/64th of a second putting a crate on. Think about it...it wasn't really a big deal.

psst..I really don't think that they are talking about us.

Jasmine Moon

*hands Maverick a case of jams and a plate of cookies*

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know , maybe I read the post wrong but it sould to me that he replied just to say he didn't understand why it was posted here becausee it wasn't no biggie. Maybe I read it wrong. Regardless. I didn't see anywhere in his post where he was being rude either. Alot of people do mark their tables that was but you didn't know and your not in the wrong. Maybe next time just ask if it belongs to anyone. Thats what I do if theres a full house.

I

imported_Shirl1211

Since the thread is about fighting I have to tell something funny that happened. I was painting in AV a few years ago and forgot to sell my painting and turned around for a payout and this girl came up and sold it. Well I was pissed but figured oh well. Told her that wasn't right and she told me off good. Even called me a few choice words, so a frined of mine told me to body slam her lol, I gave her the interaction and dayum, she accepted lmao and when it was done, she said to me "Gawd, your so mean" and left..I almost died laughing.

I

imported_Shirl1211

OH since im on the fence I may as well tell another mean thing I did..There were a cpl people doing the huggy kissy babt your my world, and the sun shines in your eyes...BLAH..I shot them with my cannon while they were slow dancing..I thought about after I did it and it was like..Ohhhh Chit...Im so sorry, I didnt see yall over there.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Anyone is welcome to drop by my place to fight or cause drama. I find it quite entertaining to watch.

[/ QUOTE ]

I find it quite amusing myself....

G

[/ QUOTE ]Its not always freedom of speech. Some Law Enforcement Officers may call it disorderly conduct. My hubbys a cop and the majority of his reports are people arguing in or on public and private property so if your out at the mall be real careful with this FOS because it just might cost you $500.
The same with profanity and alot of times depending how far you take that, you may be standing in front of a Judge.
As far as arguing in someones how, I think thats up to the discrepency of the howner and roomies. They mind not mind at all so use your mute or ignore. I don't like the drama..hek I don't even watch violent movies and at my house, that kind of behavior will get you booted and banned.

Edited because my keyboeard is messed up.

[/ QUOTE ]
<blockquote><hr>

Since the thread is about fighting I have to tell something funny that happened. I was painting in AV a few years ago and forgot to sell my painting and turned around for a payout and this girl came up and sold it. Well I was pissed but figured oh well. Told her that wasn't right and she told me off good. Even called me a few choice words, so a frined of mine told me to body slam her lol, I gave her the interaction and dayum, she accepted lmao and when it was done, she said to me "Gawd, your so mean" and left..I almost died laughing.
<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

OH since im on the fence I may as well tell another mean thing I did..There were a cpl people doing the huggy kissy babt your my world, and the sun shines in your eyes...BLAH..I shot them with my cannon while they were slow dancing..I thought about after I did it and it was like..Ohhhh Chit...Im so sorry, I didnt see yall over there.

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL If freedom of speech will cost you $500. What will you get for shooting someone with a cannon and pile driving another? &lt;-- Rhetorical

Good thing this is not rl huh? &lt;-- Rhetorical

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]Its not always freedom of speech. Some Law Enforcement Officers may call it disorderly conduct. My hubbys a cop and the majority of his reports are people arguing in or on public and private property so if your out at the mall be real careful with this FOS because it just might cost you $500.
The same with profanity and alot of times depending how far you take that, you may be standing in front of a Judge.
As far as arguing in someones how, I think thats up to the discrepency of the howner and roomies. They mind not mind at all so use your mute or ignore. I don't like the drama..hek I don't even watch violent movies and at my house, that kind of behavior will get you booted and banned.

Edited because my keyboeard is messed up.

[/ QUOTE ]
<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL If freedom of speech will cost you $500. What will you get for shooting someone with a cannon and pile driving another? &lt;-- Rhetorical

Good point! It is only a game

Good thing this is not rl huh? &lt;-- Rhetorical

[/ QUOTE ]

J

jasminemoon

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

It's odd to me, because I didn't think there was any "drama" involved. Maverick left an empty crate to mark his spot..something that I have only recently seen done...

We chatted in screen, I apologized, he chided me to tell me about "how to play the game correctly" (544 days entitlement here + all the free TSOing not added- didn't realize the "rules" had changed in such a manner)...the end. A few ppl piped up to tell me that I hadn't done anything wrong..but other than that, it wasn't even worth bringing popcorn for. Unless of course, something went down AFTER I error 23'd?

Jasmine

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't tell you how to play, but like you said we ironed out the situation. So, it's all good now, if there is something else I should still apologize for, I'm sorry. Lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, bad choice of wording..you made a suggestion on how to be more polite while jamming.

Exactly-not really any drama, maybe as CBrewton above pointed out..maybe the reason it was normal for a jam house "back in the day" to put out the first crate for visitors long ago was so they could make more money on that first jam...maybe, I just don't remember exactly "why" I used to do that..as did many others.

With the economy changed so very much and money houses being at a shortage-and money being much harder to make..and well this has caused a very different outlook on even the value of an "empty crate". Back then it was no big deal at all because most of us had enough $ and skills, that one crate wouldn't make that much difference. I am re-learning..the times they are a changing..and will be sure to ask about even the empty crates.

And Mav, as far as I'm concerned, yes we did iron it out, and when I errored (without any jams ion my table btw
) I had no ill feelings towards you whatsoever..in fact, I had a pre-disposition to like you!

*more cookies*
Jasmine Moon