• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

stop causing drama in house chat

G

If you have a problem with someone, DO NOT address them in house chat.
Send them a private message instead of making it public.

Although I haven't seen many "fights" break out lately, I did tonight... and was incredibly shocked.

Anything you say in house chat, is fair play for anyone reading it to comment on.
If you're going to get upset over other people "butting in," then keep the issue private between you and the person you are angry with, for whatever reason.

H

HoTDeViL

i agree, nothing is more annoying then listen to fights and drama in open chat.

i remember back in Alphaville 2004. i left my AV sim and went to play in BF for a half year because all this Drama in the german community lol. AV had a nickname already "Dramaville"

J

jammybob

BF was always more drama filled than AV, mainly due to the mafia stuff going on there.
Doesnt matter how well intentioned you are though, you are not gonna stop fighting in houses unless you boot both parties immediately

I

imported_ChipsAhoy

I think it's funny. I don't mind it really. What I DO mind is when one of the 'fighters' gets mad when someone else jumps in... LOL It's fair game in public chat, like you said. So silly to be fighting on the Sims (or whatever its called) in the first place... I guess I am kind of a troll in that respect. I like poking the fire. :\

24 Jolly's

As a house owner this has always been my policy....I do not want drama in my house and if it occurred each person is IM'd to go into private or they will both be booted...it should never be done it room chat. To me is just a way of perpetuating the drama and promotes rumor spreading.

G

TNOIP
Censorship sucks!!
I have to disagree. I think more rumors are started in IM. I do not think people should talk behind others backs. If someone has something to say to me let them. If I have something to say to someone I should not be restricted. There is enough chat in IM already. That makes for a boring game. This is a game, drama is part of it. The best way to deal with it, is out in the open. Too many people believe rumors that are started in IM and never even ask the person that the rumors are about, if they are true. Instead they open another IM and spread it further. When I am told a rumor chances are I will ask about it in open chat. I am for freedom of speach, I think if someone is a weasel they should be revealed. Everyone has different ideas of what drama is. To me it is the lies that float around in IM. Not the truths that are brought out in the open. I love a good fight, I hate backstabbing weasels and liars. I hate to be censored. I don't know why fighting is banned most everywhere, sims were given those emotions they should be allowed to use them. When you let them go and they act it out (dramatization), it is very entertaining, I love the why me's? There are too many houses with rules(boring ppl in IM). I am there to play not be censored. I am guessing you do not want to hear my thoughts on this, since I disagree. You may want to put me on iggy now.
If you don't like what I said I guess you can tell others in IM or run to another site and spew filth about me, maybe tell me off and later delete your post. Or you can accept I have an opinion that is different than yours. I have not said anything bad about anyone. I have stated my opinion and I am going to defend it before it is even picked apart. What I meant by this post is I do not agree with you.

G

Who's talking about spreading rumors? The issue is fighting.
<font color="blue">The post I replied to? </font>

When people start fighting it makes me tense, be it in RL or SL.
I have severe tension problems, and work hard to stay reaxed.
<font color="blue">You should put me on ignore now! </font>

If you want to fight it's your business, and you can do it in IM just as well as room chat. There's no need to drag the rest of the room into it with you.
If you want to use actions, that's fine...they don't broadcast to everyone on the lot, unless they are watching you.
<font color="blue">I think I can do what I want? </font>

If you start (or participate in) a fight, the roomie has the right to boot you.
If they don't, they're going to lose me, as I'll leave, and probably not come back.

You're welcome to fight, if you enjoy it. But, you don't have the right to make other people on the lot miserable. Do it in IM.
<font color="blue">If it strikes me at any time then okay. </font>

mame

Example: Source says, "So and so said you said blah blah." So an so is in the room. I ask "So and so, did you say blah blah?" So and so says "Hell No!!" Drama ended before it began. I know my source is a liar and an IM drama starter. I say, "Source your a liar and I do not wish you to talk to me any further!" If they continue I use ignore. Or ask them to go to the street. That is how I am.

It did no good at all for me to defend my post before I sent it. :/ I will have to remember that in the future. My "opinion" is different than yours. I have a right to play how I want. You have the right to try to tell me how you think I should play. Let the owners deal with it. Some ppl do not censor their guests. I for one do not.

Y

YadaSc

The game is like rl in lots of ways. I believe peeps should be themselves. There is an IGGY button.. uise it. If you come on my lot and you want to express yourself , do so.. I don't care. Fighting don't bother me a bit.. Unless it is here on the site thowing shots at our Devs. .

We have the red linking option for a reason.. it is fun to red link. IF you DON"T want to hear it.. Iggy them. .gawds. IS that so hard ?

And yea.. there is reasons to get angry with others. You need to talk it out.. hard to if their ims are all fulll. How the heck are ya suppos to talk to them and straighten things out. HEY be yourself, I will.. boot me, ban me.. but best to iggy me.. lmao I don't start stuff.. but not gonna say I am going to walk away either. I do tend to take up for others..
Most of the time tho.. It is intertainment to me....it's better than listening to the dogs in the background.

SOooo.. I guess what I am saying.. it bothers some.. but not everyone.. IGGY them..Very easy to do.

G

FREEDOM!!!!!!!
Some of us need to be ourselves. No matter where I go, there I am. LOL I can't promise not to have an outburst. I will defend ppl if they are right. ty for not being afraid to say how you feel on this subject.

G

<blockquote><hr>

TNOIP
Censorship sucks!!
I have to disagree. I think more rumors are started in IM. I do not think people should talk behind others backs. If someone has something to say to me let them. If I have something to say to someone I should not be restricted. There is enough chat in IM already. That makes for a boring game. This is a game, drama is part of it. The best way to deal with it, is out in the open. Too many people believe rumors that are started in IM and never even ask the person that the rumors are about, if they are true. Instead they open another IM and spread it further. When I am told a rumor chances are I will ask about it in open chat. I am for freedom of speach, I think if someone is a weasel they should be revealed. Everyone has different ideas of what drama is. To me it is the lies that float around in IM. Not the truths that are brought out in the open. I love a good fight, I hate backstabbing weasels and liars. I hate to be censored. I don't know why fighting is banned most everywhere, sims were given those emotions they should be allowed to use them. When you let them go and they act it out (dramatization), it is very entertaining, I love the why me's? There are too many houses with rules(boring ppl in IM). I am there to play not be censored. I am guessing you do not want to hear my thoughts on this, since I disagree. You may want to put me on iggy now.
If you don't like what I said I guess you can tell others in IM or run to another site and spew filth about me, maybe tell me off and later delete your post. Or you can accept I have an opinion that is different than yours. I have not said anything bad about anyone. I have stated my opinion and I am going to defend it before it is even picked apart. What I meant by this post is I do not agree with you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am in PARTIAL agreement. My attitude has always been the same, if you have something to say to me, be a man/woman and say it to my face, not behind my back. HOWEVER, we can't make houseowners/roomies miserable in their own houses so if they do ask me and whoever else to take it to PC I will acquiesce. Anybody in the room that is not an owner or roomie that says it though gets told to mute us and STFU lol. That's what the mute feature is for........if somebody is acting someway or saying something you don't like, mute them and problem solved, but houseowners and roomies cant mute their guests so theirs is the wrod with the bark on it, IMO.

I

imported_Trudymac

*just tagging OP*

I don't see AT ALL how taking it to IM is going to "start rumours". No one is talking about 3rd parties spreading rumours in IM - they are talking about two people who want to have a go at each other doing so in IM, rather than disrupting someone's house. In other words, behaving maturely.

All this blather about free speech is nonsense.

You do not have freedom of expression on private property. Come into my RL living room and start an argument. I dare you. You'll be out on your ass so fast it will make your head spin. Would you start yelling at your friend in the middle of dinner at a restaurant (and see how long you last in that restaurant before you're ejected)? I mean - FREE SPEECH! Right? *rolls eyes*

I view someone's house on TSO the same way. Why does the internet seem to make people feel more entitled to be a jackass than they would be in RL?

G

<blockquote><hr>

You do not have freedom of expression on private property. Come into my RL living room and start an argument. I dare you. You'll be out on your ass so fast it will make your head spin. Would you start yelling at your friend in the middle of dinner at a restaurant (and see how long you last in that restaurant before you're ejected)? I mean - FREE SPEECH! Right? *rolls eyes*

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL this brought a movie scene to mind.....Barbara Streisand in the Prince of Tides....they're at a dinner party that her famous cellist husband is hosting, and they have a son, whom the father also wants to be a cellist, but the kid isn't interested, he wants to play football. This conversation ensues.

Woman at the Party: Susan I can't believe you'd let Bernard play a game that might hurt his hand

Susan (from across the table, without missing a beat): And I can't believe you'd come to my house when everybody knows you're [censored] my husband.

I

imported_Calina.Rhiannon

If someone had the nerve to insult me, I would perfer they do it out in the open, so that they can look like the total @ss they would be. People who harass others in IM have the conveince of anonymity, and if their harassment pushes their victim to speak out in room chat, it makes them look totally innocent and makes their victim look totally out of line.

I'm all for having it out in public, laying out the issue, and maybe other guests in the house will be able to tell the harasser that they're wrong, rude and a nasty piece of work
It's always nice as someone who is being harassed to have others on your side.

Ignore can only go so far, as the harasser could then being to spread nasty rumors about their victim to others, and the victim wouldn't see it.

My vote? Public fights are A-OK with me!

....they also make for some good entertainment if you're not directly involved

G

Its called "freedom of speech" I will not let anyone take this away. Not on the boards either.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Example: Source says, "So and so said you said blah blah." So an so is in the room. I ask "So and so, did you say blah blah?" So and so says "Hell No!!" Drama ended before it began. I know my source is a liar and an IM drama starter. I say, "Source your a liar and I do not wish you to talk to me any further!" If they continue I use ignore. Or ask them to go to the street. That is how I am.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ah so - but what if Source is telling the truth and So and so is the liar???

Shouldn't you pummel both of them until you find out for sure???

I'm just askin'.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Why does the internet seem to make people feel more entitled to be a jackass than they would be in RL?

[/ QUOTE ]
Anonymity.

I

imported_Calina.Rhiannon

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm just askin'.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a situation where the two squibblers need to just fight it out amongst themselves. Nothing that anyone can really do but pay attention for inconsistencies in one of their stories and then pick it apart to find what the *REAL* truth is.

... woot for CSI! *takes off sunglasses dramatically* "Indeed..." *queue music*

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm just askin'.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a situation where the two squibblers need to just fight it out amongst themselves. Nothing that anyone can really do but pay attention for inconsistencies in one of their stories and then pick it apart to find what the *REAL* truth is.

[/ QUOTE ]
It was a joke.

I

imported_Calina.Rhiannon

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm just askin'.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
It was a joke.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, so was mine

I

imported_MARCIN2006

My friend is in a mafia and they are "in war" with another mafia.

I think, since none of them can fight were they want not even on there own lots because there usually skill lots with 20+ ppl, Ill open a huge lot where both sides can pay $300 to use as a battlefield for there silly little war lol. Its a good way to make cash and there happy lol.

I

imported_Calina.Rhiannon

LOL! That'd be halarious
Could I be the one that opens the fights with the rules of Fight Club? I've always wanted to do that :p

M

mysticlisa516

*TTL*

My favorite fights are when a pixilated bf or gf is stolen by another pixilated person. Cracks me up every time. Better than watching the comedy channel.

G

<blockquote><hr>

*TTL*

My favorite fights are when a pixilated bf or gf is stolen by another pixilated person. Cracks me up every time. Better than watching the comedy channel.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah....heaven forbid any real roleplay ever go on..........

/sarcasm

I

imported_MARCIN2006

Sure, yes u can be the person.

Im actually thinking about opening it :p

G

I know people just suddenly start screaming at each other and I have to get my boots on -- plus some people even leave so we end up losing visitors. Clearly people need to stop fighting in house chat.

-Danny Banks

I

imported_Gracie Nito

Anyone is welcome to drop by my place to fight or cause drama. I find it quite entertaining to watch.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm just askin'.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
It was a joke.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you always say "I be so brane" ? I went to his bio and on all his messages it says the same thing "I be so brane" lol.

P

Purdy

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you always say "I be so brane" ? I went to his bio and on all his messages it says the same thing "I be so brane" lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you ever see the 1950's sci-fi movie Donovan's Brain. It's about a brain in a jar and it takes over the scientists thoughts and controls him.

It's alive!!!!

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

Its called "freedom of speech" I will not let anyone take this away. Not on the boards either.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its not always freedom of speech. Some Law Enforcement Officers may call it disorderly conduct. My hubbys a cop and the majority of his reports are people arguing in or on public and private property so if your out at the mall be real careful with this FOS because it just might cost you $500.
The same with profanity and alot of times depending how far you take that, you may be standing in front of a Judge.
As far as arguing in someones how, I think thats up to the discrepency of the howner and roomies. They mind not mind at all so use your mute or ignore. I don't like the drama..hek I don't even watch violent movies and at my house, that kind of behavior will get you booted and banned.

Edited because my keyboeard is messed up.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I respectfully disagree !

Nothing is more annoying then listening to "I love you hunnybunny snugglekins" .... "No, I love you more pooky boo" ... queue hotkiss music and "mmmmm baby".

On a size 8 lot, why oh why do they always have to make out 2 tiles from where I am sitting/standing/having a meltdown????

Polly

C

Cruz Cavera

<blockquote><hr>

Although I haven't seen many "fights" break out lately, I did tonight... and was incredibly shocked.

Anything you say in house chat, is fair play for anyone reading it to comment on.
If you're going to get upset over other people "butting in," then keep the issue private between you and the person you are angry with, for whatever reason.

[/ QUOTE ]
I can see this Post is targeted at me, from last night at The PlayJam Mansion. I simply asked the girl to ask next time before taking a table with Jams on them. She said she didn't see any, I said okay that's fine but be sure to ask next time because I was on that table and left some jams there to go green. It was no big deal to someone decided to intervene, then I told the girl it was not her place and that I was not speaking to her. Plus Chelsea, you contradicted yourself, instead of as you say, "Send them a private message instead of making it public." Except you came to Stratics and posted, which is no big deal but don't be a hypocrite.

Edit to add: And I see it as nothing major, I didn't yell, raise hell, or use any profanity. So, there was no need to take it to IM.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing is more annoying then listening to "I love you hunnybunny snugglekins" .... "No, I love you more pooky boo" ... queue hotkiss music and "mmmmm baby".

On a size 8 lot, why oh why do they always have to make out 2 tiles from where I am sitting/standing/having a meltdown????

Polly

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG Polly I totally agree! I won't say that it is nauseating but it is almost humorous that people insist on confessing their love to eachother out loud and/or "MMMMM" while their virtual images kiss. It is just plain awkward... y/n?

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Polly

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO!!!!!!! I gotta agree. I was at a skill house a few weeks ago, 35 people so nobody else could get in, and 2 couples (4 people taking up one each of those 35 slots) were making out on the morrocan couches. W...T...F... Now I'm no prude and everybody needs a little lovin every now and then but that's why we have a <font color="red"> romance </font> category, IMO!

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
It is an appelation (sp?) applied to me by a person I greatly admire and respect.
I use it proudly as the affectionate compliment it was intended.

I

imported_Calina.Rhiannon

<blockquote><hr>

Sure, yes u can be the person.

Im actually thinking about opening it :p

[/ QUOTE ]

WOOT! Now I have to start working on looking all intense with mommy issues...

I

imported_Fire Dragon

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm just askin'.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
It was a joke.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's his sig..

Brane Definition: in physics, any dimensional or extended object in string theory
Example: Our universe is a 3-brane.

J

jasminemoon

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I can see this Post is targeted at me, from last night at The PlayJam Mansion. I simply asked the girl to ask next time before taking a table with Jams on them. She said she didn't see any, I said okay that's fine but be sure to ask next time because I was on that table and left some jams there to go green. It was no big deal to someone decided to intervene, then I told the girl it was not her place and that I was not speaking to her. Plus Chelsea, you contradicted yourself, instead of as you say, "Send them a private message instead of making it public." Except you came to Stratics and posted, which is no big deal but don't be a hypocrite.

Edit to add: And I see it as nothing major, I didn't yell, raise hell, or use any profanity. So, there was no need to take it to IM.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have to be kidding! Right? You cannot possibly think that our little quibble about your EMPTY crate (with absolutely no jams in it)..amounted to a fight..do you? I TRULY do not think the poster was referring to us, Maverick. A fight entails yelling at one another, calling names, sometimes cursing, and even using negative interactions. What we had was a "quibble" or more aptly a "disagreement". I've seen people really fight in TSO, and our tiny quibble wasn't anything except just that.

I jumped on a table that appeared to be empty.

See, as a returning player, I did not realize there was some "new rule" that applied to empty crates. In my many years of TSO before I returned, it was common for the lot host/hostess to actually begin each jam table with an empty crate, it was a hospitality thing. Please don't over dramatize the situation any more than it was, by saying that you had jams there when you and I, and everyone else on the property <u>know that you didn't.</u>

Raise your hand if you remember those days when hosts put out empty crates for the jammers {edit} to help them begin to jam faster. I remember it distinctly.

Anyway, I apologized profusely, for taking over your "crate" and believed that you and I had ironed out that particular misunderstanding...even after I error 23'd: I IM'd the host to thank him for his hospitality (because I hate leaving a lot w/o doing so) and asked the host to tell you, (in a light-hearted manner) that I was truly not trying to clepto your empty crate. *grin* I even LOL'd in that post to the host (yay rhyme).

And btw, "that girls" name is Jasmine Moon=ME. As it says in my EA profile. I'm pretty much an open book. I appreciate your thinking that I would be offended by not mentioning my name...but I didn't do anything wrong..I merely made a mistake, not knowing that leaving empty crates means someone is coming back..we always finished crates before greening...in fact, I still do.

I'm truly not trying to dog u, but by your statement above, you'd think we had an all out rumble ending with tearing someone's heart out! *laugh*...I don't think this post was about us: please don't include me in this vanity fair! If you think this post was about us, it's my humble opinion that you stop taking that small indecent so seriously! It was <u>JUST</u> an empty crate...AND there were open and available jam tables around, besides the one you spent 1/64th of a second putting a crate on. Think about it...it wasn't really a big deal.

psst..I really don't think that they are talking about us.

Jasmine Moon

*hands Maverick a case of jams and a plate of cookies*

P

Paula777

Pls DON'T stop causing drama in house chat lol!

.....always a blast!!

I

imported_Calina.Rhiannon

I would've loved to have seen that little disagreement over the empty crate. Where *AM* I when this stuff happens?! That's it, someone bookmark my characters and alert me when this stuff goes down! j/k j/k. I'm honestly just skilling my 4th out of 8 sims in preperations for amnesty. Ekk Gads, I've got work to do...

J

jasminemoon

<blockquote><hr>

I would've loved to have seen that little disagreement over the empty crate. Where *AM* I when this stuff happens?! That's it, someone bookmark my characters and alert me when this stuff goes down! j/k j/k. I'm honestly just skilling my 4th out of 8 sims in preperations for amnesty. Ekk Gads, I've got work to do...

[/ QUOTE ]

It's odd to me, because I didn't think there was any "drama" involved. Maverick left an empty crate to mark his spot..something that I have only recently seen done...

We chatted in screen, I apologized, he chided me to tell me about "how to play the game correctly" (544 days entitlement here + all the free TSOing not added- didn't realize the "rules" had changed in such a manner)...the end. A few ppl piped up to tell me that I hadn't done anything wrong..but other than that, it wasn't even worth bringing popcorn for. Unless of course, something went down AFTER I error 23'd?

Jasmine

G

I would have apologized but I definitely would not have let anyone TELL ME how to play the game. I think we are all in agreement (from a different post with this same topic) that you did nothing wrong
!

C

Cruz Cavera

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

It's odd to me, because I didn't think there was any "drama" involved. Maverick left an empty crate to mark his spot..something that I have only recently seen done...

We chatted in screen, I apologized, he chided me to tell me about "how to play the game correctly" (544 days entitlement here + all the free TSOing not added- didn't realize the "rules" had changed in such a manner)...the end. A few ppl piped up to tell me that I hadn't done anything wrong..but other than that, it wasn't even worth bringing popcorn for. Unless of course, something went down AFTER I error 23'd?

Jasmine

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't tell you how to play, but like you said we ironed out the situation. So, it's all good now, if there is something else I should still apologize for, I'm sorry. Lol.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Jasmine

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, this is why it's a big deal.....not adding fuel to the flames but this is why so many people get pissy about stealing.

When a person starts a set of jams (a truly empty table won't even have a crate on it, it will just be a table) and another person finishes it or sells it, the payout of the jams is based on the person who STARTED it's skill level, so a person who has 5 in cooking could watch and take a table of somebody who has 20.99 cooking and get the payout on those jams based on 20.99 that they don't have rather than 5 that they do. THAT is why stealers are booted and banned in most of the big money lots, because the stealers typically have low or none of the skill of the object they are stealing, so they do it for free money. I am not saying that's what happened here, but that's why people who have been playing a long time are *really* hyper-sensitive to stealing, and try to teach players who don't know any better not to steal. Some players are less tactful in that education than others LOL. Again not saying Maverick wasn't tactful, but I have seen ALOT of 'cussing out' over that very thing when in reality it was an honest mistake.

Because of this, when I do single money objects I almost always stop when I'm one bar green rather than waiting till I red out. That means I make less per green cycle, but it also means that I don't have to deal with the possibility of somebody stealing my work, or waiting for a roomie to *block* my table, or waiting for them to unblock it when I am done greening.....for me its just the path of least resistance and avoids alot of unnecessary drama and fights.

S

Sean Kendrick

Seeing arguments is fun!

If you don't want to see people fight in chat just ignore them. Problem solved.

E

Elizabeth Z

Okay I gotta say it.. Bring on the DRAMA!

I for one love it. And if and when I EVER get enough money I would love to re-open my sim counseling center cuz alot of you 'need' it :p

Feel free to drop in if any drama occurs! I'd be more then happy to listen respectfully and try to help you resolve your issues or at least let you agree to disagree. But if not for drama I would be bored to death !

Liz