• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Still possible to change item's orientation on tile?

G

I remember when I was first decorating, it was possible to change the location
of items on tiles by using different-facing balls of yarn, etc. My first recent attempts at this have not worked. Is this still possible, and, if so, how? TY as always for the help.

G

As mentioned, with some items you can lock them down and turn them with the deco tool. However, some of the items you can't actually turn, you have to obtain the item spawned in its "opposing" direction (i.e. monster loot or purchased from NPC). Some items I have not been able to find an opposing direction for at all, which is highly annoying for deco projects.

-Skylark

G

Especially frustrating on Siege where you can't get the different balls of wool and bolts of cloth that only come from npcs.

G

Thanks! When I go out hunting the spawn that gives deco-type items, I will be sure to save them. Honestly, I hadn't considered that, so it is a very helpful tip. BTW I'd love to see a section in Homes & Castles devoted just to decorating tips, such as using goza mats to boost items on high - not particular decorating projects which we have. I don't know anyone out in the community to ask as I am working. I bet there are others out there like me who would enjoy decorating but don't know the basics.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Especially frustrating on Siege where you can't get the different balls of wool and bolts of cloth that only come from npcs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, it is quite annoying.

-Skylark

Hoffs

Gilfane Keeper of the Hall
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was about to post a thread asking how to get the different types of yarn for deco purposes, but a search brought up this thread.

So on Siege we are stuck with just the regular yarn spun from wool?

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
would appear so, Hoffs... :( I've never tried shearing anything but sheep, have ya tried shearing a llama? :D

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I haven't found any different ones.

I did hope the ones you occasionally find as loot on ratmen were different, but I don't think they are.