• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Stealth archer template

Thoronnar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
What do you guys think about this template??? PVP stealth archer

120 archery
120 RS
100 hide
80 stealth
100 ss
90 tactics
120 ninja

It is 730 total so Ill be using +10 stealth cloak. Also, I am unsure of the uses of SS. Someone told me to have that but I have no idea what I would be able to do with it. 120 RS is a must with me, I used to have a stealth archer with anatomy and healing and couldn't get around without RS, just not my style of gaming. Plus I already trained RS to 120.

Thank you!

Thoronnar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
What do you think if I remove SS and add alchemy. Heal from pots and get the enhance potion bonus from alchemy. Would this be better than the anatomy damage bonus?

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is my setup:

100 anatomy
100 healing
100 hiding
105 tactics
115 archery (120 with quiver)
110 stealth
90 ninja

Thoronnar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I used to have a similar setup. I didn't like it. 110 stealth is Unnecesary with 80 stealth you're good enough. Ninja I like 120 to not fail animal form. I hated not having RS. So I am not going with healing, I am trading it for RS and using pots to heal and then smoke bombs.

The thing is. If I am going to rely on potions for healing shouldn't it be good to trade the DI of anatomy for the EP of alchemy? And I could use other potions as well.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have to run over 80 stealth because I use studded suit. After some testing (on test center shard) 110 was the only time I wouldn't fail. If normal leather 75-80 is fine for stealth.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I will try to fit a 50 EP ring yes
I think with 50EP and alchemy at GM it works out about 80% EP bonus. Myself I would rather have GM healing (without anatomy) as you will still heal but just not as much as with anatomy.

Thoronnar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I think with 50EP and alchemy at GM it works out about 80% EP bonus. Myself I would rather have GM healing (without anatomy) as you will still heal but just not as much as with anatomy.
a lot of people have suggested me to not have healing if I have no anatomy. But yes, I have thought about just going with healing. I am going to try the alchemy option, and see how it goes. I can always use a souls tone if I don't like it. The challenge of the alchemy option would be to fit the 45HCI the MR, LMC, DCI, etc because of the 50 EP ring. Any suggestions on gear? I have SOT but not clue what to do for leggings and chest.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would copy the character over to test center and try out with the various skill setups there. Take a friend if possible so you can test vs a real player.

I run 25 EP on each jewel to hit 50. You could use a 50 ring but then as you say might find it harder to hit the other caps. I don't know what you are running suit wise (211 stamina?) as you could always reforge 5 dci or 5 hci onto some of the parts.

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Try to fit 18 HPR on the suit as well and you should be okey. Can allways swap to dog form for extream HP regen as well.
60 HPR is quite sick actually.

azmodanb

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i run 90 heal no anatomy and use enhanced aids for fake gm heal... and pots and smoke bombs when needed.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Personally I run 120 Throwing, 90 Tactics, 110 Ninjitsu, 100 Hiding, 80 Stealth, 75 Healing, 75 Anatomy, 70 Chivalry. +15 Healing on Ring, +15 Anat on Brace.

However in an ideal world I'd have 120 Ninjitsu (in an ideal world I'd have 120 Ninjitsu on every character lol). I use Chivalry because I like being able to be hidden when I arrive somewhere so I can get myself set for whatever I want to do.

Although this isn't a PvM character it can easily kill all the champs, including Meph, solo.

I also use 100 RPD and 100% non phys weapons.

I used to have an Alchemy Stealth Archer (when I had Archers - they're currently my second least favourite after Tamers) who was very effective at killing people.

I haven't really bought this character up to date from a few years a go though, but it still works, I haven't bothered to check but I think they made all the Throwing weapons exactly comparable to the Archery ones which sort of destroys the point of having Throwing as a different skill imo.

I also highly rate HPR on gear/Ninjas.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
So 120 wep, 90 Tact, 100 Hiding, 80 Stealth, 110 Ninja, 120 Resist, 100 Alchemy...

I think that was basically how I had my Archer. Be mindful of the fact though that if you don't get the upper hand quickly you're going to want to bail due to limited healing. If you're on a busy shard it can be hard to get kills 2v1. Don't underestimate Dismounting someone in a Conflag with 80 E.P., which also has the bonus of masking some of the Explode pots. Also don't forget to use Shurikens.

Last edited:

Thoronnar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
That's the same setup I am looking for but with 100 hiding. Why didn't you have hiding on your setup? Also. How is heal without anat? Isn't it enough to heal with pots with 80 EP?

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Err that was supposed to be hiding sorry lol. Edited it. But no pots alone won't be good enough to heal with. You're not going to win a fight against someone that can heal if you can't. Some people don't heal when they panic. But I mean most PvPers will not be fazed.

Thoronnar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Yea that makes sense. That's exactly the setup I want to play. It will fit my playstyle better, I am honestly not the best at 1 vs 1 unless I am using mage. So bailing is my thing with stealth archers haha. Do you know what you were wearing on that character? Gear? SOT, royals, etc? Or are people wearing mostly imbued gear nowadays?

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
I have a char:
120 sword
100 tactics
107 anatomy
120 ninjitsu
120 stealth
100 hiding
105 resisting spells
5 archery

I didn't play much with this char but with some luck he can kill a player in a few seconds (2-3 hits starting with a death strike).
I think it would better to replace resisting spells by buhsido (to use rider swap) or by healing. But I don't know because I have a very little experience of using this char.
You could replace 120 sword with 115 archer and drop a bit ninjitsu/stealth to maximize tactics/anatomy/resisting spells.

Thoronnar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Thanks everyone for their input! But I am sticking with 120 RS and 100 alchemy. I am aware of the damage downside of not having anatomy and the not so ideal healing, but I guess it is a matter of taste. Now I just need help with gear? What should I wear? I'll try to get as much HPR as I can and cap HCI. What else is crucial? what sort of items out there will help me achieve a good gear setup?

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Do you know what you were wearing on that character? Gear? SOT, royals, etc? Or are people wearing mostly imbued gear nowadays?
This was lonnnng ago, like 5 years maybe lol. I might have even been using the Alchemist's Bauble o_O lol...

I would advise you to work it all out with Imbuing, with 1 or 2 artys/special pieces. Not sure if I said it already but the Treatise On Alchemy Talisman will give 15 E.P., not sure what you can get on jewelery these days, probably 30, still Ecru's about. But nothing wrong with splitting it between two Imbued either.

I would personally want, all 70's, 55 LMC, 8 MR (minimum), an equipment setup that put me at 150 Str/Dex after drinking Greater Str & Dex pots (no wasted points obviously), +25 HP increase on items (when using Wolf Form you'll have 170 HP), 18 HPR if you can get it. Everything else into Stamina and Mana.

For a starting point figure out where you're getting the E.P. that's essentially what the rest of it is built around.

I seem to remember 80 E.P Conflags doing 11 damage per tick, so if you Dismount someone in the middle of one you're likely to get at least 22 or 33 damage just from the potion, another 40 from the Dismount plus any Hit Spell/Velocity that goes off. Then you're going to want to either Shuriken them to Poison or Mortal/Parra. Could even try Parra in the Conflag to see if you can get an extra tick. So your initial attack should do at least 60 HP, if they're aware they'll probably chug a G heal straight away for 30ish by which time you've shot them again and then it's just a case of hoping they don't out heal/block all the hits. You'll have most trouble with dexxers if you can't keep images up. Personally I summon them before even attacking it's a 90% chance they'll unflag you so why wouldn't you use it. You lose the element of surprise but, you're attacking, so you would anyway. If they stand and trade don't forget to use more Conflags.

You can also kill people that use Wall of Stone to Res, have your Explode pots on a UOA macro (or whatever 'E'C equivalent there is) if you get enough off with good timing you can kill both people.

Oh and the other favourite thing for pissing people off is if you Dismount them, and they just get an Invis off, and you can't Conflag just sit there spamming Attack Last with Dismount primed as soon as they do anything they're on their ass again. It frustrates people, and when they start trying to talk, telling you what a noob you are, they get sloppy on healing themselves.

Be aware what potion actions reveal you.

Thoronnar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Hey guys, sorry to bring up this old post. But I am almost done with this char. What would you guys do with stats?

Last edited:

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
My Stealth Archer

95 Archery (+25 from hunters headdress and quiver to get to 120)
120 tactics
105 anatomy (+15 from jewels to get to 120)
90 healing
100 hiding
90 stealth (I have a macro that puts on the stealth cloak and stealth robe when I need to stealth quick, gives me +30 skill to get to 120)
120 resist spell

This is my primary PVP toon (something I only do sparingly, and mostly in groups), or also when I need to stalk someone or simply be able to hide quick. Also good for keying Paroxymous and some other dense areas.

I used to have poison and ninjitsu on this toon instead of hiding and stealth. I was using ninja only for animal form and I simply wasn't using Poisoning in an offensive capacity enough to make it worth keeping on, although it was great for resisting poison while fighting.

Last edited:

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
For stats -

I use an elf to get the +20 mana

You should probably have Dexterity as high as possible so that you could get to atleast 180 stam with the rest of your suit. Beyond that, most of the rest of stats should be geared toward Strength to get the hit points you need, with whatever remainder you have to be put in intelligence so that you can have atleast a reasonable amount of mana.

Note: I don't rely on pots.