• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

stealing stuck at 86.1

• Thread starter Eyes of Origin
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
E

Eyes of Origin

I've been trying to raise my stealing skill for a week now. I've tried every method I can find, bottles, gold, pitchforks, shovels, lockpicks, etc and cant seem to gain a thing. I've tried in Tram and in Fel. Any ideas? Stuck at 86.1.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What method of training are you using? I always use the fel packhorse method. There are other ways, but none are as good as a horse in fel.

Start by checking your item weight. At your current skill you should steal heater shields (8 stones). Make sure you're targeting each item, for some reason random stealing doesn't seem to work as well.

If that doesn't work find some jewels to bump you above 90 and try war forks.

The only other advice I have is to get a crystal ball of knowledge. Those things are invaluable when training any skill.

E

Eyes of Origin

Thanks Black Sun.. I'll give that a try. I am using the packhorse in fel method of training.

LordDrago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I used jewelry and items to get above 100, and then started stealing stealables.

Of course, I can only sit so long stealing rom a packy, so I never tried for more than about 15 minutes.

Another thing, Just the other day, I was stealing something. I am not sure if my pack was too full, or overweight with the item I was stealing, but the game would not let me steal it. However, in 2 successive attempts, I got 2 gains.

Then, like a dumbass, I dropped something out of my pack and stole whatever it was. I made a mental note to remember the specifics, but I forgot until just now that it even happened. Anyone else experience this?