• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Stealing New Plates

E

eric23

Hi all, Ok I targeted the plate and it would not let me steal it. I'm 120 stealing.
Do I have to use telekinesis on the object ( plate ) before the attempted steal?
Sorry for sounding so newbish. I have no problems doing doom or tokuno stealables.
Or can you pls PM with the info.
There's no lockpicking on this char.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
eat from them once then just pick them up, they're daily rares, no stealing required. Eat twice and you have a 'dirty plate' 3 times reduces them to just a plain plate and you've blown it.

E

eric23

Thank you so much. looks simple after you've explained it. Goes back to noobsville.
Serriously though, I never heard or read it mentioned anywhere what one does or did attaining server births, are there others that enjoy a similar theme to being obtained?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
kind of, the empty baskets that are stealable and scattered all over are able to be picked up after eating the fruit. But for this one Draconi gave the clue when he posted a picture of himself in the huts with the line 'nom, nom, nom' underneath.

Barrels can be gotten from gypsy camps in similar fashion, once you've unlocked and untrapped it, empty it and you can pick it up. Take it off the server you found it on though or it's likely to disappear at the same time as the camp that spawned it.

E

eric23

Once again thank you, It worked a treat. Also thanks for the latest.

T

Teeshy

Shouldn't have helped him - he beat me to them by seconds this morning ;)

(actually, I didn't know you had to eat them, so it wouldn't let me pick them up anyway =))

Was fun to see more than one person logged in and hidden there! =D

E

eric23

Hehe Tesshy, soz, well I must admit I looked kinda dumb the other day until it was explained to me as well. The guy seeing me there trying and not getting anywhere, only to see the plates disapear before me. Well i'm still learning about this game, so its all fun.
Oh by the way, I've been busy decorating the house, you must catch me sometime and come take a look!
Oh and i'm only getting enough plates to do my dinner setting, wonders how many others out there hording them to sell at a huge profit??

Voluptuous

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so I just got back after a year off...went in the middle of the day in Tram to try it...14 plates later, I think multiple spawns a day is a little over-kill. (Still nice to make my huge dining room buffet thou)

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Dont get me wrong i like getting these plates just got 8 this am. I just think you should have to steel them to get them I cant believe they are going for 75k in luna and all you have to do is be hungry walk up eat and take no skill at all :-( the same with most items baskets etc

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The daily rares have never needed stealing to get them. just being in the right place at the right time.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
The daily rares have never needed stealing to get them. just being in the right place at the right time.
Do you happen to know where I can get a complete list of the stealable items for all facets and dungeons i read the one at top of here but most are missing were they are at I just created a new pvm thief for stealing from mobs and would like to also get in on other items ?

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do you happen to know where I can get a complete list of the stealable items for all facets and dungeons i read the one at top of here but most are missing were they are at I just created a new pvm thief for stealing from mobs and would like to also get in on other items ?
There's a great sticky up top with all that information. Petra rocks that way!!

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
my fault they are there I was having a senior moment and not paying attention that was the thread sorry for the trouble :)

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pfft! Senior moment? As an ex-blonde now greying granny I can go one better, I have senior blonde moments :D