• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Stealing from Monsters : best results for loot ?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As in regards to stealing from MoBs, Aside from the sticky FAQ is there like a guide or some more specific info as to what improves the loot quality and the chances to some good items ?

Rare items only drop in Fel Dungeons and Champ Spawn areas. This means, for example, also those in Ilshenar and where Swoops spawns ?

The discriminant that determines the quality of the stolen loot from a Monster is the monster's fame level.

Did anyone find better results (for stolen loot quality) with some specific type of Monsters within the same fame level (say for level 5 Fame) ? Which ones ?

Does a Smuggler`s Edge really help in getting better stolen loot even when one is 120 stealing already ?

Thanks.

hen

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For best results get to 120 stealing. Doesn't need to be real or not. Then go round the Fel dungeons and steal from every monster you see.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I believe the smugglers edge does give you a slight bonus of stealing a rare item.

Personally, I find that earth ellies work best for me when farming. Their fame is high enough to give me a fair shot at rares, but they're easy enough for my thief to kill so as not to keep him tied up fighting when he could be moving on to his next mark.

O

Old Man of UO

Pixies from the Oaks Champ Spawn in Ilshenar works well for me, and not too hard to kill with an earth ele. I just wish there was a better market for these items.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can't go near pixies on my thief. He's so far down the negative karma hole he'll never get out, and those pixies are tough when they gang up on you.

hen

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pixies from the Oaks Champ Spawn in Ilshenar works well for me, and not too hard to kill with an earth ele. I just wish there was a better market for these items.
Does anyone sell these items? I'm looking for a ballpark figure for the ones that might sell.

O

Old Man of UO

Does anyone sell these items? I'm looking for a ballpark figure for the ones that might sell.
A better question is does anyone buy them. They are not actually bad potions, giving you a +10 stat boost for some time (10 minutes? not sure). When they first came out, I sold a lot for 10K each, now I just lowered them on my vendor to 2K and haven't sold any. So I think that's too high now.

hen

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thought seed of life, gem of salvation and the one that stops acid attacks might sell?

No one buys a gem of salvation?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For best results get to 120 stealing. Doesn't need to be real or not. Then go round the Fel dungeons and steal from every monster you see.

Are you sure from "every" monster I see just works the same ?

I am asking, because I think I read a reference to "fame" and not all monsters have the same fame....

Also, apparently it is possible to only steal "once" from the same one monster so, that creates a problem when stealing from high fame monsters because they are usually single spawn and once stolen from them, it is necessary to kill them in order to steal from the following one.

This, slows down the stealing process quite a bit.

I was wondering whether someone came up with some efficient way to steal rare items from monsters.

That is, high fame ones which yield higher chance to a rare stealable and yet, are relatively easy to kill so as to be able to steal from the following one.

hen

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Every monster. I regularly get stealables from zombies and skeletons. EVERY monster.
Walk round the dungeon, steal from EVERY monster. Go to another dungeon and do the same thing.