• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

State of factions!

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why fight for a 120 magery scroll that's worth 20m when you can sit safely in tram and solo medusa non stop for a slither that sells for 5-6 times that amount..make sense?

Fel spawns were much more active when it sold for more..now that you can get almost any 120 scroll for under 5m there is almost no reason to farm them..unless of course your hoping for the epic drop of a 1.0 taming pink or 120 mage
When you do a Fel spawn successfully you're guaranteed some amount of scrolls. It's like a warm security blanket. Doing Trammel stuff is more-random. Only thing random about Fel spawns, assuming one can complete them, is what you'll get, not whether or not you'll get anything.

The people I know with the steadiest and most reliable incomes are either crafters, merchants (meaning they play the buy/sell game), or champ spawners.

-Galen's player

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll chain rat spawn 1-2 hours a day..

You chain medusa 1-2 hours a day

Go for one month and see who makes more

You'll win everytime

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When you do a Fel spawn successfully you're guaranteed some amount of scrolls. It's like a warm security blanket. Doing Trammel stuff is more-random. Only thing random about Fel spawns, assuming one can complete them, is what you'll get, not whether or not you'll get anything.

The people I know with the steadiest and most reliable incomes are either crafters, merchants (meaning they play the buy/sell game), or champ spawners.

-Galen's player
I do a rikktor spawn every single day of the week. Not for the scrolls because they are crap, but because I enjoy doing the entire champ from start to finish. I make more gold in shame/cove. If I were playing for gold only I would avoid the champ spawns as they are more or less worthless these days

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll chain rat spawn 1-2 hours a day..

You chain medusa 1-2 hours a day

Go for one month and see who makes more

You'll win everytime
Unless I am spectacularly lucky (and I am not) and you are spectacularly unlucky, you will do better, easily.

Personally in my ideal world I'd alternate both for 1 to 2 hours a day.

-Galen's player

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do a rikktor spawn every single day of the week. Not for the scrolls because they are crap, but because I enjoy doing the entire champ from start to finish. I make more gold in shame/cove. If I were playing for gold only I would avoid the champ spawns as they are more or less worthless these days
What you do and why is up to you but under the hypothetical scenario cazador proposed, he'll win out under most conditions.

-Galen's player

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What you do and why is up to you but under the hypothetical scenario cazador proposed, he'll win out under most conditions.

-Galen's player
You are right, why I do things is entirely my choice and if I choose to make gold it wont be by doing champ spawns as they are totally not worth it. Gold per hour is greater doing trammel stuff. Despise (Andros) cove and shame make me 100 mill a week. doing 1 rikktor spawn a day (7 a week) makes me 10-15 million. So I choose to do Rikktor for fun and I choose to do Despise (Andros) Cove and Shame for gold

Last edited:

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You are right, why I do things is entirely my choice and if I choose to make gold it wont be by doing champ spawns as they are totally not worth it. Gold per hour is greater doing trammel stuff. Despise (Andros) cove and shame make me 100 mill a week. doing 1 rikktor spawn a day (7 a week) makes me 10-15 million. So I choose to do Rikktor for fun and I choose to do Despise (Andros) Cove and Shame for gold
You are much luckier than I, then, and have had a much different experience with champ spawns than most people I know.

When I was in a champ spawn guild just a few years ago there was talk of renting a Luna vendor (at a time when they were much more expensive than they are now) just because we needed something to do with all the money.

"But Galen, that was a few years ago. See? You've proved my point!"

No. Even back then there were complaints about how worthless scrolls were while people raked it in from getting those supposedly worthless scrolls. So I know first-hand just how worthlessly exaggerated those complaints are. (And this does not consider the fact that the people I've known with the steadiest incomes all were champ spawners, and got said steady incomes from champ spawns; you're definitely the exception here among everyone I know.)

And that was before champ spawn artifacts (and to hear the Fel players tell it these spawn way more often per spawn in Fel than they do in Tram; or is that just a lie folks tell, and if so what else might they be fibbing about?), and before the various things that can be gotten from the Abyssal Infernal and Primeval Lich champ spawns.

I also fail to see what could net you 100 millon a week from Shame, Covetous, and Despise. None of the artifacts are really worth all that much and how much can one possibly make from selling relic fragments -- and if you can get rich selling relic fragments doesn't that basically kill the argument from some months back that they basically were worthless now?

And finally, if scrolls are that worthless than why do some folks deliberately farm scrolls on less-populated shards only to bring them back home to sell? Not only is there a market but there's enough of one to cover the considerable overhead of a transfer token.

*shrugs*

-Galen's player

PJay

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The quivers from Andros are currently selling for 40 - 50m and drop pretty often, Sandles from andros damage eater sells for 40m slither i saw one in chat go for 80m.
These are just a handful of examples.

Also in fel you have the risk of not completing the champ so you may not get anything Ive been a pker for years now and raid spawns daily Ive only known of a handful of 120 magery's drop in my time even with protect.

I also have no wish to allow reds to fel that would be against uo folklore. I do however believe an effort should be made to allow blue players to experience and be able to learn another area of the game which i believe to be far more thrilling than playing a tamer could ever possibly be.

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You are much luckier than I, then, and have had a much different experience with champ spawns than most people I know.

When I was in a champ spawn guild just a few years ago there was talk of renting a Luna vendor (at a time when they were much more expensive than they are now) just because we needed something to do with all the money.

"But Galen, that was a few years ago. See? You've proved my point!"

No. Even back then there were complaints about how worthless scrolls were while people raked it in from getting those supposedly worthless scrolls. So I know first-hand just how worthlessly exaggerated those complaints are. (And this does not consider the fact that the people I've known with the steadiest incomes all were champ spawners, and got said steady incomes from champ spawns; you're definitely the exception here among everyone I know.)

And that was before champ spawn artifacts (and to hear the Fel players tell it these spawn way more often per spawn in Fel than they do in Tram; or is that just a lie folks tell, and if so what else might they be fibbing about?), and before the various things that can be gotten from the Abyssal Infernal and Primeval Lich champ spawns.

I also fail to see what could net you 100 millon a week from Shame, Covetous, and Despise. None of the artifacts are really worth all that much and how much can one possibly make from selling relic fragments -- and if you can get rich selling relic fragments doesn't that basically kill the argument from some months back that they basically were worthless now?

And finally, if scrolls are that worthless than why do some folks deliberately farm scrolls on less-populated shards only to bring them back home to sell? Not only is there a market but there's enough of one to cover the considerable overhead of a transfer token.

*shrugs*

-Galen's player
Most scrolls are crap and only worth less than 5 mill, the good scrolls (Magery, eval int, resist spels) are few and far between. then the chiv, music ninja, parry etc weigh in at less than 1 million and these drop quite often.

Now a quiver from Andros will fetch 40 million and the luck ring he drops will fetch 10 million. I get one of these two a day. Then a pair of prismic lens from Cove 10 million or a nice splintering weapon from shame can sell for 30+ million.

Come log a char in to Europa and I will show you 5 chests full of 120 scrolls that are all totally worthless (less than 1 mill) these make up the majority of the scrolls that drop ad the good ones are few and far between.

But it doesn’t mater what I say, you will try and argue that your correct cause you cant bare to admit your wrong. Even although you don't do champs daily like I do you still think you know better.

Edit:

I gave up PvP when they fracked over factions a while back. Since then I have just played doing PvM stuff and I have to say I am totally blown away by the amount of cash that can be made in trammel.

All this crying tramies do about the scrolls being in felucca and how they should also be in tram is just utter tosh. If you cant earn the cash in tram to buy the scrolls from the people in fel, well maybe its time to give up UO and play snakes and ladders or maybe dominos would be best suited.

Last edited:

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
People go to less populated shards to afk farm..can't count how many times I've raided an afk Wither bot who just continues on his little rail and doesn't even fight back..some have hiding/stealth to smoke bomb away and hide..most do not! But then again it's not so often because ..well it's more profitable to afk farm runic saws/Val ingots/BODs then anything else

None of which changes the OP of..factions suck now, aren't fun..and that's not just my personal opinion..that's a majority opinion ask around in game

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The quivers from Andros are currently selling for 40 - 50m and drop pretty often, Sandles from andros damage eater sells for 40m slither i saw one in chat go for 80m.
Never gotten a Despicable Quiver and only gotten one Slither in all the Medusas I've done.

On the other hand I've made steady gold from spawns and know of people who make steady gold from spawns that far and away goes over any income I can get in Trammel. Granted farming stuff in Trammel is way more reliable than going to EM events solely for an item! But farming in Fel is more-reliable still.

And none of this touches the incorrect factual statements made in this thread which I've already addressed.

When it comes time to lording it over people how rich they are, Fel players are more than happy to admit how profitable Fel is, but when it comes time to denying the existence of content that's already there suddenly it becomes "poor oppressed Fel has nothing."

Funny, that.

*shrugs*

You and your friend there are just repeating the same stuff and I grow weary of having to repeat myself in response so I reckon I'll just leave it here.

-Galen's player

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
People go to less populated shards to afk farm..can't count how many times I've raided an afk Wither bot who just continues on his little rail and doesn't even fight back..some have hiding/stealth to smoke bomb away and hide..most do not! But then again it's not so often because ..well it's more profitable to afk farm runic saws/Val ingots/BODs then anything else

None of which changes the OP of..factions suck now, aren't fun..and that's not just my personal opinion..that's a majority opinion ask around in game
If some one comes to raid me and their on their own I tend to ignore them and just get on with the spawn. I see no point in chasing someone around the dungeon and wasting my time. Cause that's all it ends up in, me chasing them around and around. 99.9% of the PvPers cant kill me 1v1.

I had some fool scream at me last week in general chat cause I was ignoring him and just getting on with the champ spawn, all the while he was trying his best to kill me. But he couldn't kill me and he was no more than a fly in the ointment. It went from level 2 to champ up and there was nothing he could do to me. Once the champ was up I then took it upon myself to dispatch him and I then killed the champ before he had time to res up and come back. Happy days :)

and as a side note he was in COM faction and my hidden champ killer was in SL and I guess he was kinda shocked to be put into stat by a PvM thrower

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Never gotten a Despicable Quiver and only gotten one Slither in all the Medusas I've done.

On the other hand I've made steady gold from spawns and know of people who make steady gold from spawns that far and away goes over any income I can get in Trammel. Granted farming stuff in Trammel is way more reliable than going to EM events solely for an item! But farming in Fel is more-reliable still.

And none of this touches the incorrect factual statements made in this thread which I've already addressed.

When it comes time to lording it over people how rich they are, Fel players are more than happy to admit how profitable Fel is, but when it comes time to denying the existence of content that's already there suddenly it becomes "poor oppressed Fel has nothing."

Funny, that.

*shrugs*

You and your friend there are just repeating the same stuff and I grow weary of having to repeat myself in response so I reckon I'll just leave it here.

-Galen's player

point proven... done nothing but know it all

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
People who only play trammel don't want to PvP, so I ask, why is the good PvP armor drops available in trammel, I'm talking slither, crimson, orni, runic kits, imbuing reagents.
If trammel players don't want to PvP then the only items that should be made obtainable in trammel are purely PvM items and decoration.

All other potentially character advancing items should only be available in felucca.

Or if they want to use good items just for pvm, the trammel version of items should read "effective against monsters only" so you can't use them against players

Last edited:

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

-Galen's player
Fel is NOT profitable. I have been a fel player/pvper since I started this game but over the past 6 months I've been in tram daily trying to fund suit upgrades to keep up with changes.

Since the topic was factions i'll say it's the most horrid system I've ever seen. You can get ganked by non faction players yet 1 hit from a faction player puts you in stat. It's no wonder pvp is dying.

My 2nd choice of play was a tamer to farm with. With the tamer/vet changes I can't even do my fav spots in shame with that anymore.

What I can't understand is how 1-2 people can put more balance and throught into these free alternatives yet a whole team seems destined to completety trash everything this game once was.

budman23

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
This is laughable, LOL look at the trammies so many ways to make their existence here a joke.
UO started as ALL pvp and was very successful.
The way we have gone the way of the trammy every shard going like this is in collapse, ATL too just slower.
Seige is booming more than ever, a big WTF to that with all the trammy talk.

Factions was completely borked by the people in command, whats even better is the player base thought it was acceptable for them not to change it back,
after it had such a NEGATIVE impact on the game. This says a lot for the remaining players.
It says in itself the remaining trammies care not truly of population but are more concerned to push population away so they can farm in peace.

Still nothing is done, in fact we just got a whole lot crap no one wanted and still no one cares about, did that help at all?

One should seriously consider the stance of this game when I could revert all shards to pre Mesanna and GAIN players.
People in charge aren't meant to damage games.

Now lets all cheer some pixels so they can extort a few extra bucks out of all of you in the mean time.

As for you trammies I laugh but I take pride in knowing that I could never destroy this game in all my works as fast as you all do working to improve it.
LOL

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well despite the fact that this thread has long since passed the point where reality is of any particular use to it, this particular post has so many laughable things that I just had to respond, lest posterity look at it and take it seriously.

This is laughable,
Your post, you mean? If so, then yes.

LOL look at the trammies so many ways to make their existence here a joke.
UO was successful because there was no competition. Once Everquest came along and people left, UO's PvP-centric business model was no longer viable. Everquest is still around, still getting new players (I know, I made an account recently there and saw more new players running around than I see overall players in Fel most nights the last time I bothered to check).

The way we have gone the way of the trammy every shard going like this is in collapse, ATL too just slower.
Seige is booming more than ever, a big WTF to that with all the trammy talk.
According to a post Draconi made some time ago, which unfortunately (and conveniently for some) was deleted, Siege and Mugen were by far the least-populated. Not coincidence when you consider how under-populated Fel is in general.

If people did not want Trammel instead of Felucca, Champ Spawns and Power Scrolls, the Dungeon Khaldun, Double Resources, Faction Artifacts, the unique items from the Abyssal Infernal and Primeval Lich Champ Spawns, Stat Scrolls, etc., all would have been unnecessary, because people would never have taken the option to go to Trammel. No Publish 16.

But people did take that option and it's because most players have no interest in the ******** that accompanies playing in Felucca -- such as the post I am unfortunately having to respond to.

Felucca is a failed business model, held up by various attempts at social engineering, none of which have at all impacted the long-term trend.

-Galen's player

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Felucca is a failed business model, held up by various attempts at social engineering, none of which have at all impacted the long-term trend.

-Galen's player

Spoken like a true trammie.

Felucca is far from being a failed business model. You bypass the fact that this is what the game was/is designed around. Then there are other games that have now been designed around it (Fellucua full on PvP style) and are totally successful. Take Darkfall for example, who have now been so successful they have not long released its second expansion Unholy wars. Is been the mismanagement of UO and lack of love to the felucca population that have been the demise of the population not the game play as you seam so happy to suggest.

Edit: and if it s was such a failed business model how come Richard Garriott is making a new game with the same rule set as felucca called Shroud of the Avatar

One last edit:

If Felucca is such a failed business model how come all the free shards are bustling with people, more so than the OSI shards? Felucca is not a failed business model EA/OSI is the failed business model.

Last edited:

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As always..derailed due to the certain troll..can't you just stay in your crafters forums!??

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This is laughable, LOL look at the trammies so many ways to make their existence here a joke.
After this statement anything you say is total BS anyway so no need to respond to it. If UO was so succesful than TRAM would have never been made so you are totally clueless as to UO to begin with so why do you even bother to reply to any thread at all.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Isn't it amazing how all these PvP threads are all about items and nothing about a true balanced PvP play style.
:danceb::danceb:SHOW ME THE ITEMS:danceb::danceb:

Last edited:

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
No I can't, because I sure would love to see changes to factions and I look forwards to see what Mesanna comes up with. If done right, it may work much better than it do now.

Faction is some kind of PvP+ system.
I believe people join it to get more enemies.
To get to fight someone who want to fight.
To get a reason to fight.
To be aggressive in PvP without having to go red
To get some rewards for their kills.

I know why I don't like Faction.
I don't like the whole guild are forced to join, special not as it make crafters and other PvP- attackable in town.
I don't like the stat loss
I don't like, I can't rez my enemies, not being able to heal them is ok
I don't like faction effect the taxes in town, also for non faction
I don't see why faction is a Fel only thing on Prodo shards

I do believe Faction should be made as a part of the alliance system, so an alliance was their own faction, then there should be a few factions for non guilded players and non allied guilds.
This non alliance faction could be a part of the new town loyally system.
Not all in the alliance or all loyal to a town had to join, only the PvP minded, who wanted to be some kind of guards defending the areal around town or the player town the alliance was from.
Maybe there could be some be some local spawn, resource spot and maybe a dungeon to fight over.
Maybe all loyal to a town should be allowed to attach any trespassers who visits the local spawn and resource spots but only the guards should be allowed to raid other factions domains.

That's just some thoughts, maybe it won't work

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Isn't it amazing how all these PvP threads are all about items and nothing about a true balanced PvP play style.
Items are a good centre point to fight over, stick an item in game (Felucca) that's worth farming and you will create PvP. Guilds will farm and guilds will come to try and take the item for themselves thus giving us PvP

PvP is more or less balanced at this point in time, there are a few bits that need to be fixed but on the whole PvP is more or less balanced

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Items are a good centre point to fight over, stick an item in game (Felucca) that's worth farming and you will create PvP. Guilds will farm and guilds will come to try and take the item for themselves thus giving us PvP

PvP is more or less balanced at this point in time, there are a few bits that need to be fixed but on the whole PvP is more or less balanced
If PVP were so great and fun then you would not need an item. These threads are not about PvP and all about items, at least be honest.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Trammel was created because of a trending "new business model" and a pen fr the sheep to hide..and with that said if "trammel" was so fun it would be bustlin with activity and even that isn't the case..fel is getting smaller not because they are going to trammel..but because most are quitting due to bad mechanics and devs who overlook fel as a whole lol

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Total lack of understanding of PvP i see?
No total understanding of PvP and a much better understanding of whiney greedy people. I guess pre-pub16 there was no such thing as PvP according to you then. I guess all those players that were fighting each other just to prove who was the most ruthless player wasn’t PvP now was it. For you it is all about the shiney and nothing else, so sad.

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No total understanding of PvP and a much better understanding of whiney greedy people. I guess pre-pub16 there was no such thing as PvP according to you then. I guess all those players that were fighting each other just to prove who was the most ruthless player wasn’t PvP now was it. For you it is all about the shiney and nothing else, so sad.[/quote]

Oh so now you want to talk about Pre publish 16, ok lets go back to those merry days where we used to all stand at the cross roads killing anyone who came out of brit or was returning to Brit. Again this was about killing you for your "Items" that you had got while out hunting. Or with a bit of luck you were stupid enough to be carrying a rune to your house and have your house key on you too. Remember those days when the key to the door gave you ownership of the house. Or we all gated into Deceit to kill everyone at the bone wall cause it was fun to kill noobs training.

Lets broaden you horizons abut PvP. Most PvP is non consensual. Sure you get people duelling to see who has the better skill set but that's not PvP. That's duelling and ask any PvPer that's not what we class as PvP its more of a competition, which field PvP is not about. PvP in UO has always centred around taking something from the other person that they don't want to lose and that they are willing to fight to keep. Duelling is boring, field PvP is thrilling.

On a quite night a lot of guilds would start a champ spawn in Despise and get the champ up. This was done to encourage another guild to try and take the champ. creating a Centre point for the PvP, the winner get to kill the champ and keep the scrolls.

Its about having something to fight over, something you are willing to stand and fight for. If there is nothing worth standing your ground and fighting for most people would just run, run and keep on running until they got away.

So while you like to think its about "shiny items", I can assure you its not about the golden value of the item, its about giving you a reason to stand and fight rather than just run away like forest gump and keep on running.

Arenas don't get used very much, why not? Duelling is boring, field PvP, non consensual PvP is where the fun is at.

Last edited:

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Spoken like a true trammie.

Felucca is far from being a failed business model. You bypass the fact that this is what the game was/is designed around. Then there are other games that have now been designed around it (Fellucua full on PvP style) and are totally successful. Take Darkfall for example, who have now been so successful they have not long released its second expansion Unholy wars. Is been the mismanagement of UO and lack of love to the felucca population that have been the demise of the population not the game play as you seam so happy to suggest.

Edit: and if it s was such a failed business model how come Richard Garriott is making a new game with the same rule set as felucca called Shroud of the Avatar

One last edit:

If Felucca is such a failed business model how come all the free shards are bustling with people, more so than the OSI shards? Felucca is not a failed business model EA/OSI is the failed business model.
Normally I don't visit this forum, as there is little if anything of value here, but when someone posted a link to the Shroud of the Avatar 3-month demo I recalled this thread and the mention of SotA being based around the Felucca model.

I did some quick research and that appears to be a myth.

This link:

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?page_id=19

takes you to the SotA FAQ which cites PvP only as a contentious issue that's still being decided and that they are soliciting opinions on. The video this fellow linked to is a rap song about the game but immediately does not appear to have any actual affiliation with it. (Granted I couldn't sit through much of it, not being much even for real rap let alone this stuff.)

This gaming site:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...iotts-shroud-of-the-avatar-whats-the-big-idea

has Garriott saying the following about Fel, and about how PvP might work in SotA:

"We actually felt that UO was a bit too open," he said, "in that what would generally happen was the PKers (player-killers) were often preying on literal newbies. And as much fun as that might have been for some, it also ran off a huge fraction of the market.
"We really just can't afford to create a game that has the level of preying on beginners that UO did. We don't intend to go down that path so much."
Opt-in style PVP that's common in many MMOs today also isn't to his liking.
"You can't always do what everyone claims they want, because everybody would always want it to be easier," he considered. "But if you make it too easy, and the challenge goes away, then people aren't compelled to start either. It's very difficult to interpret player desire, player statements, player action with what you really probably should do for the health of the community and even the enjoyment of that one individual."
Shroud of the Avatar will try to do story-driven PVP. "We're building a game that will start you in a condition of relative safety, but that as you progress through the game, encourages - if not forces you - to accept danger, especially if you want to explore certain areas of plot threads or you want to deal with the most valuable resource opportunities."
You might be approached by an NPC offering you a cash-rich quest to deliver a package, but that package will be contraband. If you accept, other people will be told to try and stop you. "We literally will inform other people that, 'Hey, by the way, somebody has elected to make this run of contraband,' and someone else is given a mission to stop you."
Not, at all, like the Fel model. Not even really resembling it other than that PvP exists in both models.

-Galen's player

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Normally I don't visit this forum, as there is little if anything of value here, but when someone posted a link to the Shroud of the Avatar 3-month demo I recalled this thread and the mention of SotA being based around the Felucca model.

I did some quick research and that appears to be a myth.

This link:

takes you to the SotA FAQ which cites PvP only as a contentious issue that's still being decided and that they are soliciting opinions on. The video this fellow linked to is a rap song about the game but immediately does not appear to have any actual affiliation with it. (Granted I couldn't sit through much of it, not being much even for real rap let alone this stuff.)

This gaming site:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...iotts-shroud-of-the-avatar-whats-the-big-idea

has Garriott saying the following about Fel, and about how PvP might work in SotA:

Not, at all, like the Fel model. Not even really resembling it other than that PvP exists in both models.

-Galen's player
The Avitar video was put in for entertainment value not as factual gameplay. Not my fault you don't like it.

As for your quoted comment from Richard that's now 3 months out of date and things have moved on since then. Its been decided the game is to be a full on PvP land. Now the players to-be are now trying to change the direction on Instanced bosses, so that they too can be raided.

If you are going to do "some quick research" make sure your reading the current stuff not the old and out dated stuff.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Galen is the epitome of BS..he probably read a single paragraph, summed up the game and started shaking in his chair..OH MY GOD IT'S SHADOWBANE PART DUEX!!!! Omg I need to post... :clown:

I'll just be happy if he stays away from the SoTA forums!

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Galen is the epitome of BS..he probably read a single paragraph, summed up the game and started shaking in his chair..OH MY GOD IT'S SHADOWBANE PART DUEX!!!! Omg I need to post... :clown:

I'll just be happy if he stays away from the SoTA forums!
You and your friend need to tell Garriott to update his site, I guess. The SotA FAQ:

implies that the PvP question is not settled, and the "About" page:

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?page_id=28012

doesn't mention the issue at all.

Indeed based on that About it sounds as much a single-player as a multi-player game, which would imply not just an insulation from PvP but from other players generally.

-Galen's player

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Avitar video was put in for entertainment value not as factual gameplay. Not my fault you don't like it.

As for your quoted comment from Richard that's now 3 months out of date and things have moved on since then. Its been decided the game is to be a full on PvP land. Now the players to-be are now trying to change the direction on Instanced bosses, so that they too can be raided.

If you are going to do "some quick research" make sure your reading the current stuff not the old and out dated stuff.
Link please. I am genuinely curious and, as I just told your friend there, nothing on the SotA site obviously supports what you're saying.

-Galen's player

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Link please. I am genuinely curious and, as I just told your friend there, nothing on the SotA site obviously supports what you're saying.

-Galen's player
To quote one of your other posts, I'm not going to get into a pissing contest with you over it

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Providing a link to something you assert reasonably cannot be construed as a "pissing contest."

-Galen's player
I provide a link, you go trawling through it, you then pick up on one word you think supports your cause and you start a Pissing Contest.

You have already started your "Pissing Contest" and im not entertaining you

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I provide a link, you go trawling through it, you then pick up on one word you think supports your cause and you start a Pissing Contest.

You have already started your "Pissing Contest" and im not entertaining you
*chuckles and shrugs*

I guess I will wait for them to actually make up their minds, and post their decision officially rather than actually listen to the hopes and dreams and faith of a vocal minority.

-Galen's player

Last edited: