• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Stat loss need to be changed

ZippyTwitch

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now I don't find anything wrong with the 20 min timer. But the amount of skill loss needs to be increased. The whole point of skill loss is to keep that person out of the fight for 20 min. But 90% of the people just get rezzed and continue fighting just as effectively. It need to be changed where you will lose alot of skills for 20 min to actually make everyone useless while in stat loss.

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Didn't you whine about this previously? As mentioned then, if you're dying to people in stat, you either need to get better at PvP, improve your template, or run back to Tram and PvM in a safer environment. Stat loss is fine as it is.

S

Saleena

Stat Loss is just fine the way it is. If someone gets back into the fight being in stat loss and you cant kill them you might want to rethink your method of pvp.

B

Balian of Asgard

Stat Loss is just fine the way it is. If someone gets back into the fight being in stat loss and you cant kill them you might want to rethink your method of pvp.
i think stat loss sux and i sit it out till im at full again, but mebbe he means ppl at a spawn, grinding, casting fields, debuffs and stuff. The support crew being able to rejoin immediately, cuz what does a necro mage need when they rez? nothing. whenever i kill a NM, theres nothing to loot.
So they can keep fielding and debuffing the bridge or chokepoint etc.

but ya, if its a top level offensive char that is in stat and it kills you, you better keep reading the forums here and improve your playstyle or your suit/weps in order to compete and have fun.

ZippyTwitch

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Didn't you whine about this previously? As mentioned then, if you're dying to people in stat, you either need to get better at PvP, improve your template, or run back to Tram and PvM in a safer environment. Stat loss is fine as it is.
Why don't you actually know what your talking about before you run off at the mouth. I've never even talked about stat loss before. I'm not dying to anyone in stat loss. But I see people all the time get rezzed and continue fighting like its nothing. Hence the reason for the post. I see you completely ignore the fact that the whole point of stat loss to to and I quote "KEEP PEOPLE OUT OF THE FIGHT" for 20 min. Now what part of that you don't understand?

ZippyTwitch

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It has nothing to do about being able to kill anyone in stat. I mean seriously do you even read posts before replying? I never said that was the problem. I kill people all the time. I run by myself in my own guild and I rank in the top 12 in overall points for a guild on my shard.

slayer888

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually i am all for this haha because of the following reason:-

1. I am usually fighting outnumbered (1 v 10 or 5 v 10, etc.)

So this means that our enemies just need to keep getting ressed and back to fight normally again.

Note that, even when ppl in stat loss, they could still apply specials to dismount you.........

2. There are enemies that cheat so bad that before they die, they will eat super explosive trap box themselves so means no stat loss at all. While their zerg can just protect his corpse and res up him immediately.

In additional, I think that if anyone in faction dies (except by other own faction members), one should be in stat loss.

That will include getting hit by own trap box or own spell or own explosion potions.

The stat loss could be 50% of the original skills penalty and CANNOT use special at all afterwards.

Moreover, i hope Dev will fix #2. Suicide is so sad.

3. Remove kill points and requirement for wearing faction armors. Kill points on our shard is out of control, newbies just keep farming points and not participating at all while making the requirement for Rank 10 extraordinary high. This is getting ridiculous.

ZippyTwitch

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well if you want to add things to the list.

Remove the 10 points for stealing a sigil. I know people who have 200 to 300+ points because all they do is just steal the sigils for points. They never pvp.

How about removing the regression of points over time. Kinda sucks getting points to have them just fall off after soo many days.

Reinstate faction size rules. On my shard everyone is in 2 of the factions while the other 2 factions have very very few members.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Trapped boxes - I agree is lame and needs to be addressed.

Stat loss - It's fine the way it is. If someone wants to fight with 80 archery just kill them and stop crying.

Point Distribution - should go back to the way it was, whipe all points, start from 0. This will stop the farming of points. Slayer88, weren't you one of the people that got laughed off of these forums because you were asking people to tell you how to do it?

Faction Member Limitation - Currently impossible. Too many trammies join factions for the artifacts and that skews the ability to regulate it. In order to implement that rule, you need to extend faction PvP to trammel/malas/tokuno. Which I am all for BTW.

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why don't you actually know what your talking about before you run off at the mouth. I've never even talked about stat loss before. I'm not dying to anyone in stat loss. But I see people all the time get rezzed and continue fighting like its nothing. Hence the reason for the post. I see you completely ignore the fact that the whole point of stat loss to to and I quote "KEEP PEOPLE OUT OF THE FIGHT" for 20 min. Now what part of that you don't understand?
I understood completely. You were whining because people were still fighting while in stat. Do you honestly believe they are anywhere near as effective? While in stat my archer can't hit crap, my mage fizzes on any 6th circle spell or above, and tamers will not be able to control a Gdrag (haha...f them...best part of stat lol). It's not like they are rolling into the fight like nothing happened.

I agree with some of the other points as more major issues...the point farming in particular is getting ridiculous.

ZippyTwitch

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not whining. I asking for a fix. Stat loss was made to keep people out of the fight. Period. There are no ifs ands or buts about it. Anyone who is against the fix just shows that they would lose the advantage they have. You say stat loss makes you less effective. Not true. Just wear all +skill gear to make up for it. Bottom line is it needs to be fixed.

slayer888

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Trapped boxes - I agree is lame and needs to be addressed.

Stat loss - It's fine the way it is. If someone wants to fight with 80 archery just kill them and stop crying.

Point Distribution - should go back to the way it was, whipe all points, start from 0. This will stop the farming of points. Slayer88, weren't you one of the people that got laughed off of these forums because you were asking people to tell you how to do it?

Faction Member Limitation - Currently impossible. Too many trammies join factions for the artifacts and that skews the ability to regulate it. In order to implement that rule, you need to extend faction PvP to trammel/malas/tokuno. Which I am all for BTW.

Stat loss - It is ok in most situation. But like I said, just not okay for me. As I am fighting 1 v 10 or 5 v 10 most of the time. So means that we kill 1 person, that person will be rezzed in 100% skill (if he used trap box to suicide) or 70% + skills and still able to toggle specials. It is not neccessary to change. But if changed, I will be most happy. This is what I meant. I never cried at all.

Point Distribution - First. I never get laughed out of these forums because of this topic so I dont know what you mean? In my previous posts, I was just stating why would those newbies get 23923329382320 pts sitting in their char.

The reason I say delete point system is because it is really "pointless"

Do you see the people with 4309349 pts or over 500 pts are actual pvp chars that pvp often?? Honestly, in my shard, majority of the people having Rank 10 are all pvmers. Making it hard for the real pvpers requirement of points to be extraordinary high. Moreover, when the newbies pvmers is no longer rank 10, they will just farm more pts to reach rank 10 again. So end up the result is in order to rank 10 = need 50+ pts.

I have 20 pvp chars myself and 50 x 20 = 1,000 pts. Plus the decay of 10% = I dont know need how many people i need to kill constantly without dying at all to keep all my chars able to wear faction items.

Worst of all, I am usually fighting 1 v 10 or 5 v 10 like I mentioned. It is 90% of the time outnumbered, and enemies are auto targetting. XXXXX is attacking you all at once within 1 second u walk to their screen. They are like could predict you will run to the screen immediately.

So anyways, in conclusion, one main important thing I would like UO to change is:-

Get rid of the faction points system totally and just let everyone able to buy the faction armor already. Make it fair to everyone. Because now making rank 10 requirement are not making the Trammel pvmers worse. Its making the Felucca who is participating in the war WORSE.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The point system is fine, the solution is allow factioners to kill other factioners in trammel. See how many point jockeys horde up points for their PvM gear then.

I would take my guild on nightly raids of every peerless spawn, doom, and all ilsh champs.

See them abuse our factions then. I'm serious, factions needs to spread to tram/ilsh/malas/tokuno.

slayer888

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well your solution maybe another solution.

However, I think remove the rank system totally will be much more faster without making any big changes to solve this problem

R

RichDC

Im not in factions but i personally think that the faction war should spread into all facets, makes me sick seeing (self proclamed) trammies joining factions for the arties and NEVER leaving trammel. would be hilarious to see a bunch of faction fights in the towns (would have to allow them to cast in towns though althoug wouldnt be too hard as no one else would be affected)

S

Saleena

The point system is fine, the solution is allow factioners to kill other factioners in trammel. See how many point jockeys horde up points for their PvM gear then.

I would take my guild on nightly raids of every peerless spawn, doom, and all ilsh champs.

See them abuse our factions then. I'm serious, factions needs to spread to tram/ilsh/malas/tokuno.

That is the best idea I have ever heard! I mean when you sign up for factions it is all about the pvp anyways...So if you know pvp is involved there shouldn't be any reason not to take it to tram. Kill the carebares!:spider:

R

RichDC

Will they then be the same as the old Order/Chaos guilds??

If so DO IT...DO IT YESTERDAY!!!