• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Starting the Cloak of Humility Quest

• Thread starter Hunters Moon
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
H

Hunters Moon

I was told that the quest can be picked up in Magencia but that city has been destroyed and the npc "Gareth" isn't there. Where can I find him?

N

Nenime

UO Guide said:
Gareth used to be located in the Council of Mages building in Magincia. But during the Magincia Invasion he fled on the ferry to Trinsic. He now resides in the Sons of the Sea fisherman building near the southeast docks. Coordinates 106o 57'S 49o 17'E (2841.2024).

* Note: You cannot perform this quest until and unless you have first completed the Verity Librarian Quest.
Good road map there on UO Guide http://www.uoguide.com/Gareth_the_Emissary_of_the_RBC

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Second Floor, Fishermans guild in Trinsic.

H

Hunters Moon

Yep I am all the way to where I have to kill speckeled scropions for the poison sacs(library side quest) but today it seems that she scoroins were spawning too slow before the sacs I have already gathered timed out and disappeared. :( oh well.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
They spawn back immediatley on dying - just in a different part of the desert. Suggest you send one of your most PvM-capable characters into the desert (due to the dangers of paragons) and find where the speckleds are spawning, and collect the sacs with them (and pass them to the other character when you get enough).

That, or have a friend help you.

K

Kaveros Sennald

If you still need help collecting the 5 poison sacs, I can help you with that. I don't have the best PvM character in UO but I was at least able to get the 5 sacs in time. It got pretty intense a few times, though. That desert is crowded.

U

uoBuoY

I was told that the quest can be picked up in Magencia but that city has been destroyed and the npc "Gareth" isn't there. Where can I find him?
Good luck with that quest. I completed the quest on 2 chars. Then tried to do it on 3 more chars (6 months ago), each with the same result. When they got to the quest where you need to take and exchange items between several NPCs, 2 of the NPCs wanted the same item and only one gave that item. The item was differnt each time. Totally screwed-up.

S

Shanna

Don't loot the other creatures. Just focus on the speckleds.

I've done the cloak of humility quest about seven times and only had the sacs pop on me once (Stupid ICQ :blushing: ).