Started Gardening again quick question

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Hrothgard

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jan 25, 2010
Have seen many new plants since my return. I have hunted some death beetles to get some peculiare/rare etc seeds and have grown a couple bonzai and a big tree from them so far. What I have not found and am most interested in are the following, Cocoa seeds and or flax (think that is the one that you can harvest cotton from ???) and any other resource producing type plants. I have been searching like a madman and think the naturalist quest might be where I should be devoting some time.

Please confirm/deny/educate :)

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 3, 2001
The new plants are coming mostly from peculiar seeds. There are 4 groups of monsters. Each group drops seeds of another set of 4 different plants. Tosee which groups drops which seeds have a look at http://uo.stratics.com/php-bin/show_content.php?content=28953 .
Since seeds now stack I would suggest to collect seeds of your desired group until you have 4 different stacks. I f you now grow one plant from each stack and if you keep track of it, you know how many seeds you have of each plant. (Some of them are more desireable and you dont have to waste poppy dust/time to grow unwanted plants.)
All those monster can drop a fragrant seed. That one produces a cocao tree.

Due to another bug (what became a feature) boglings and bog things are now dropping random seeds of every plant. The tribarrel cactus seeds are randomly replaced by other ones. best would be to read about it at the gardener profession essay on stratics. You can get that way some of the new plants and bonsai plant in coloured versions.

The naturalists quest 'only' gives out random seeds in rare colours. Those can be grwon into full plants but dont produce any seeds for reproductioning them. (That quest is still very interesting for getting rare coloured plants for the new staining/dyes system which relies on decorative plants as resources.)