• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[General] stacking of runic property intensities broken?

arkanos

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My luck suit is finished exept for one piece:
the famous 160 luck luckblade or adventurers machete that some guides mention (both come with 20 base luck - meaning you should be able to craft one with 160 luck from gold ingots if the runic tool rolls 100% intensity).

After trying for a long time now (and wasting endless white pearls) I have NEVER come up with either a luckblade or adv. machete with more than 140 luck.
So I went to TC1 and crafted 300 each to find out the following:
using gold ingots and a val hammer (85% - 100% intensity should mean minimum 145 luck - max 160 Luck if property is rolled at all -) I crafted items from 125 luck to 140 luck but thats it. (items where luck didnt hit as a runic property had 60 luck)

My conclusion: the 20 base luck from the ML recipies DOES NOT STACK with
runic intensity.

My question: has anyone really crafted either of the two recipes with more than 140 luck? And if yes: when and how?

This brings me to some more questions I have for the experts here regarding this issue:

what about SSI on bows crafted with ash using a heartwood runic kit?
Do they really turn out with 40 SSI or do you have to craft with normal wood and enhance with ash (meaning the intesity will not stack)?

Another thing is DI: if I craft a weapon with my legendary smith (and the arms lore bonus) I end up with 40DI.
Using a bronze runic f.e. (55% - 100%) sometimes leaves me with exeptional weapons with lets say 52 DI (meaning 12 DI was added) and sometimes non exeptional weapons with 49 DI (meaning 49 was added).
Now I only guess that max DI is 50 which means: if the runic bonus would stack with exeptional bonus AND I hit 100% I should end up with 90 DI, shouldnt I?
Now I know this is not how it works, but can someone explain?

Thank you very much and sorry if I am making obvious thinking mistakes here....

Hephaistos of Europa

K

Kallie Pigeon

I was going to make some stuff with some runics so maybe after work I will give it a try but previously I have crafted things with DI 55 using various runics (even dull copper). Could it be you're getting ssi bonuses often enough to interfere with the DI bonus? I have no idea about the stacking of luck but it seems to stack with the gold metal bonus but not the base recipe bonus yet the base and metal bonuses stack togeher....odd

G

Gelf

As far as the damage bonus for exceptional weapons the +35 DI is a minimum and does not stack. the +5 DI for gm arms lore does stack however. k how this works is say ur using a verite hammer u get HLD,HLA,SSI,HIT FIREBALL, and HML. Thats 5 properties max for a verite hammer. u would also get 40 DI min(assuming u have GM arms lore).on the other hand say u rolled 45 DI instead of HML, u would have 50 DI(45 plus arms lore bonus). but this would still count as 5 properties(since the DI is above ur ex. minimum). if u roll under/or at ur exceptional DI min(plus arms lore i think),say a 35 then it would automaticly take ur exceptional bonus for DI and reroll for another property. at least this is how i believe it works