• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Stable Slot token

Conleth

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Does it come as a token? Sort of annoying that it seems to be account bound. Not sure what the reason for that was, especially if it's a token.
I'm not clear on this; are the tokens vendorable? For example, you can vendor an account bound shard shield token BUT the token will not work for anyone other than the original bound account holder. So basically it becomes a deco item on the secondary market so to speak.
On the other hand, I've seen transfer tokens on vendors that will work for anyone.
Does anyone know whether these slot tokens are account bound as a consequence of using sovereigns to buy them, or do the slots become bound after the token is double clicked by someone?
Hope that gobbledegook made some sense, yikes!
Cheers!
Conny

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
so here is a question.
non tamers are capped at 6 stable slots yes?
so if we use a token on a non tamer they then move up to 9 stable slots?
i would assume, yes.
so focused on tamers i never thought about non tamers.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
$35 per tamer is outlandish!
i would have preferred $1 per slot but i was just thinking about it and really i only need to crank up my main tamer on my main shard so im only putting out $35.
then i have like 1 or 2 other tamers that im gonna put 1 or 2 token's each on.
considering i have at least 3 tamers per shard on every shard in game i was kinda worried but now that i look at their stables 95% of my tamers are not even close to their stable cap and i don't play them enough to worry about needing more stable slots for them.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
uh oh Houston we have a problem!
it wont let me eat the last token to get to 42!

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So is it accurate that the increase only applies to one character on the account? Also, has any answer been provided yet about whether or not the extra slots are going to disappear if you shard transfer the character or character copy it to TC?

Edited to add: Or what if you log off or try to use the stable under the effects of incognito spell or a disguise kit? Will the game "forget" who your character is and not credit the extra slots when you log in again or try to use the stable?

Last edited:

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
500 sov for 3 slots is a bit greedy. 300 sov would have been better.

Someone needs to copy to TC1 after using a token and see if the increase followed them there.

I also hope these will work for non-tamers since 0 taming vanity pets are a thing.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
you could be right, im only level 2.
youd think it would still let me eat the token for future expansion.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
500 sov for 3 slots is a bit greedy. 300 sov would have been better.

Someone needs to copy to TC1 after using a token and see if the increase followed them there.

I also hope these will work for non-tamers since 0 taming vanity pets are a thing.
ill tell ya here in a sec, i just ate a token on my mage, he has taming on soutlstones and i had it on him, gonna go take it off and see if im up to 9 slots.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Also can be traded, so account-bound means what exactly?

token.jpg

At least they can be traded...that's a good thing :)

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

View attachment 66084

Well, it should mean that only a character on the purchasing account can use it.

But this is UO, so...who knows...

So now someone needs to buy one and see if one of their other accounts can use it, as well as if a non-linked account can use it.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just copied a character that was upgraded with 1 token to TC1 and the stable count stayed at max of 9, so theoretically we should be OK to transfer as usual.

(Disclaimer: This is UO. Your experience may vary. o.0)

Conleth

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Awards

View attachment 66084

My question as well.

Account bound shard transfer shields can also be traded, though they will not work for anyone else. There's a world of difference there.

Is there any word on whether these can actually be traded and utilized by anyone?

Cheers

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Does it come as a token? Sort of annoying that it seems to be account bound. Not sure what the reason for that was, especially if it's a token.
Because they are new and they do not want them duped so they can make as much money on them as fast as they can.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
so i have 2 accounts under my one main account thingy on EA or Origin or whomever owns us.
i had a bunch of tokens on one account, passed one over to my other account (that is under the same main account) and tried to use it.
no joy.
says you cant use account bound item - its for that one account only.

so main account dosnt matter beans.
its log in account specific.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This increase should have been FREE. Why the hell are we paying for a subsciption game when they want to nickle and dime us on stuff that should be provided as part of normal subscription content? If there is one thing that has the potential to make me quit for good it is stuff like this.

We had a taming upgrade, pretty much the first overhaul in over 15 yrs, the stable slots should have been included as part of that upgrade, and then in the future if they wanted to tempt people into more make em $1 each instead of gouging us for more. Talk about GREEDY.

So If I pay $35 usd for 21 (7 x 3 ) slot upgrades (which btw is $42 in my country) it ONLY applies to ONE character on the account? Or because they are account bound does it apply to all characters on the account and to characters across shards on the same account? So if I have 2 tamers on one account they both get the upgrade?

ie: So if my main account is called MAINLY every char on that account will get get an inc of 3 slots when I use a token on that account and if I log into another shard the chars on there will have 3 slot increases? Meaning that the 42 dollars I spend applies to all chars on that account across all shards. If that is the case then OK it is probably worth paying more money that what we paid for full expansions for in the past. Times that by 3 x $42 for three accounts ($126 dollars) means my tamers accross those accounts will be sorted out.

Or as I have 2 tamers on Atlantic, 3 on Oceania, and 1 on Siege, am I expected to pay $252 just to maximise them, as well as any other chars that I might wanna boost slots on? Crafters etc?

Can someone please check who has used a token

1. the amount of slots other chars on their account have on the shard they ate the token on and
2. chars on that account on other shards.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
It's per character not per account...I used 1 token on my tamer on Origin and all the other characters on that account are still at 6 stable slots.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's per character not per account...I used 1 token on my tamer on Origin and all the other characters on that account are still at 6 stable slots.
If you put your taming on one of those characters do they increase? If not this is the biggest rip off UO has pulled on us.

I can't believe everyone seems so ok to get ripped off like this. To fully upgrade each char on an account to max stable slots will cost you $245. That on usd is like the value of more than 2 yrs subscription dues per account for ONE shard.

Sure you may not have a need for 42 slots on each char but don't change your templates around with soulstones or you are out of luck.

If you put a token on a crafter, ie NO Taming on the char, how many slots do you have? 6 or 9 or because the char isn't a tamer does it do nothing?

This is the most stupid 'sale' item ever, badly thought out and a total rip off for what you get.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
This increase should have been FREE. Why the hell are we paying for a subsciption game when they want to nickle and dime us on stuff that should be provided as part of normal subscription content? If there is one thing that has the potential to make me quit for good it is stuff like this.

We had a taming upgrade, pretty much the first overhaul in over 15 yrs, the stable slots should have been included as part of that upgrade, and then in the future if they wanted to tempt people into more make em $1 each instead of gouging us for more. Talk about GREEDY.

So If I pay $35 usd for 21 (7 x 3 ) slot upgrades (which btw is $42 in my country) it ONLY applies to ONE character on the account? Or because they are account bound does it apply to all characters on the account and to characters across shards on the same account? So if I have 2 tamers on one account they both get the upgrade?

ie: So if my main account is called MAINLY every char on that account will get get an inc of 3 slots when I use a token on that account and if I log into another shard the chars on there will have 3 slot increases? Meaning that the 42 dollars I spend applies to all chars on that account across all shards. If that is the case then OK it is probably worth paying more money that what we paid for full expansions for in the past. Times that by 3 x $42 for three accounts ($126 dollars) means my tamers accross those accounts will be sorted out.

Or as I have 2 tamers on Atlantic, 3 on Oceania, and 1 on Siege, am I expected to pay $252 just to maximise them, as well as any other chars that I might wanna boost slots on? Crafters etc?

Can someone please check who has used a token

1. the amount of slots other chars on their account have on the shard they ate the token on and
2. chars on that account on other shards.
i have at least 3 tamers per shard on every shard in the game and i only maxed out my main tamer on my main shard.
i added 1 or 2 tokens to a couple other tamers i use regularly but that was it.
think i spent $50 in total.
i cant imagine why you would need to max out 4 or 5 tamers to 42 slots each.
but i will agree i would have preferred it to be $1 per slot or account wide so all the dudes could get the benefit of the tokens.
but really at the end of the day only my main tamer needs all that space so im happy.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
If you put a token on a crafter, ie NO Taming on the char, how many slots do you have? 6 or 9 or because the char isn't a tamer does it do nothing?
9, i tested this earlier and posted it above.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The tokens should be ACCOUNT WIDE to make them value for money and not just pure greed. If they are account bound then one token should update each character on an account by 3 slots and it should be across all shards for that account. To fully upgrade the account it should cost $35 ($42 in my case). That is the equivalent cost of a full blown expansion not 21 piddly stable slots on one char. I am amazed at what people are prepared to actually put up with.

When you PAID for increased storage it didn't apply to one char on one shard. If I build on any shard with that account it gets the upgrade and all characters get the benefit.

After waiting so long for a taming upgrade the fact they didn't provide any additional FREE taming slots just goes to show you how little the devs think of their player base now. We are a bunch of cows to be milked for whatever they can get out of us. Sad thing is they know people will pay and this is the equavalent cost of 4 months subscription fee to put 21 slots on one char.

Value for money = EPIC FAIL

Last edited:

Piotr

Stratic's Finest
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Awards
My question as well.

Account bound shard transfer shields can also be traded, though they will not work for anyone else. There's a world of difference there.

Is there any word on whether these can actually be traded and utilized by anyone?

Cheers
Yes, you CAN trade the token, but the buyer will NOT be able to use it!

a slave girl

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awesome item for UO players, especially those who play tamer templates AND at the same time a fabulous UO store item, the money from which will help support the best game ever invented.

I don't see any downside here, it's a vanity item after all. To add a new pet to your already maxxed out stable just release something, you are not forced to buy this.

Good job, devs!

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yeah I don't get why you'd want it account wide...my crafter sure as heck doesn't need 42 stable slots! This was for TAMERS only....

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I really don't see why some posters are so angry...What do you even need all those stable slots for? I bet most people don't even use up 21 of them, not to mention 42.

Only character I might buy one on is my main, who is a non tamer, but holds a few rare pets in it's stable (especially the old faction horses which cant be traded).

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I really don't see why some posters are so angry...What do you even need all those stable slots for? I bet most people don't even use up 21 of them, not to mention 42.

Only character I might buy one on is my main, who is a non tamer, but holds a few rare pets in it's stable (especially the old faction horses which cant be traded).
So you might buy this for your main character who is not a tamer... and you can't understand what do tamers even need all those slots for. Wonder why.

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
AND at the same time a fabulous UO store item, the money from which will help support the best game ever invented.
You really have no idea how EA works do you. UO wont see a dime of the revenue generated.

The best you can probably say is it keeps UO profitable, but the more UO comes to rely on this additional revenue over and above subscriptions then the more they will charge you for. Its a rip off price, but people are paying it and therefore this will become the model going forward. Forget anything for 'free' (ie part of your subscription) in the future.

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So you might buy this for your main character who is not a tamer... and you can't understand what do tamers even need all those slots for. Wonder why.
Having 4 pets eating up slots on a nontamer, the horses mind you which literally can never be traded, I would say is a very specific circumstance.

I have at least 12 tamers, all which get very regular playtime. I have never, ever come close to maxing out my stable slots.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You really have no idea how EA works do you. UO wont see a dime of the revenue generated.

The best you can probably say is it keeps UO profitable, but the more UO comes to rely on this additional revenue over and above subscriptions then the more they will charge you for. Its a rip off price, but people are paying it and therefore this will become the model going forward. Forget anything for 'free' (ie part of your subscription) in the future.
Finally somone who gets it.

BS had the option here to:

1. Consider that most players, and tamers in particular, had probably been playing for 10+ yrs or more, been crying out for taming updates and stable slots for YEARS. They could of gone into the code and changed a number from 21 to 125 which in total would take 10 mins or less work. Zero effort to do , and please everyone, those who wanted more slots and of no concern to those that didn't. It would of been viewed as a massive thankyou to players who had been waiting years and years for some kind of love for tamers.

or

2. Consider that most players, and tamers in particular, had probably been playing for 10+ yrs or more, been crying out for taming updates and stable slots for YEARS and decide they had a captive audience that was ripe for the picking. Where they could charge the equivalent of 4 months subscription to allow ONE character on an account an additional 21 slots if the person had the money to pay for em, in an effort to actually use the 'new' content of a dozen or more new 'tames' without having to toss out old pets. Which they KNEW people didn't want to do. Hence put the player base over a barrel, toss out your old pets or buy tokens from us so you can access the new content. Spend 100 times the coding time/effort to make new tokens and the way to apply them to an account.

They opted for 2.

And yes buy buying into this the player base is just enabling it so more and more content that we have already 'paid' for with our subscription cost will be double charged.

If you don't think so consider this:

Since ML (2005) how many new 'rideable' mounts have been introduced for regular players that are still obtainable? Answer is 2, and guess what you have to PAY extra for both of em. (Lasher/Windrunner). This new pet update has provided nothing in the way of new mounts for tamers or non tamers. So in 12 yrs the only new mounts are ones you have to pay for, way to go BS!

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have at least 12 tamers, all which get very regular playtime. I have never, ever come close to maxing out my stable slots.
And I have 5 tamers all of which require more slots as they are full and I am always juggling pets in and out. So your point is what? Just because you don't play your tamers at the level I do doesn't mean YOU are correct. If you don't need slots, fine, I do. Personally I like to keep 5 blue beetles and 8 fire beetles in stock for my maginicia vendor (so that requires 13 slots alone) and don't even get me started on regualar pets, I obviously play my tamers at a much higher level than you.

Anyways I am over this subject, it appears players are perfectly happy to be rooked for more cash and milked for as much money as BS can get out of em.

Conleth

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Awards
At least they can be traded...that's a good thing [bcolor=rgb(16, 16, 16)]:)[/bcolor]
Though not used, it seems. o_O I'm not testing these myself (in my humble opinion, these should have been more clearly marketed), why would anyone want to own one of these? A completionist who enjoys owning one of each token?

Cheers

Conleth

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Yes, you CAN trade the token, but the buyer will NOT be able to use it!
So it seems.

And I saw someone spamming to sell these ingame for 150m.

Why make them transferable at all? I'm confused.

Buyer Beware.

Last edited:

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So it seems.

And I saw someone spamming to sell these ingame for 150m.

Because instead of just upping the stable slots as part of normal gameplay that we pay for with our subscription and would of taken 10 seconds to re-code, the devs decided to rook the playerbase for more cash and spent a considerable amount of hours developing a poorly coded token that can be used to scam players who are not familiar with stratics and are likely to buy these tokens and get ripped off. No doubt more hours will need to be used to 'fix' this.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They made them tokens to bilk people out of more money. If it were a code then it would be applied to the account as a whole.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Yeah I don't get why you'd want it account wide...my crafter sure as heck doesn't need 42 stable slots! This was for TAMERS only....
No but sure alot more than 6 slot.
Let me see, I would like
2 Vollem
2 Leather Wolf
1-2 other tinkered pets
1 blue beetle
1 fire beetle
1 iron beetle
2-5 different mounts
maybe 4-5 pack animals

So 6 stableslot + 21 should give 27 stableslot for a non tamer. I like that. I have released pets several times as 6 stable slot was a pain.

Conleth

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Thanks for the replies @MissEcho and @Uvtha. I'll say this; I rather liked the pet branding tool idea - didn't adversely affect anyone, it was just a nice, cosmetic thing that no one needed but more than a few wanted. Now that I can go for, and justify paying for. That said; even those were/are flubbed, because they need to be fixed (the brand 'rubs off' with death/stable use etc.). They'd announced an upcoming repair, though I've heard no update. It all feels just a tad shaky for my liking, this. For myself, I'll abstain.
Cheers