• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Spring Dynamic Quests (Don't read if you don't want spoilers!)

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also rare hued eggs 2076 / 1266 [Most eggs are 25XX or 19XX hued]
I wonder if the 19XX eggs are kind of semi-rare? I collected 117 eggs on Sonoma and 100 of them were the 25XX colors. The other 17 were as follows:

1266 (two)
1912 (one)
1916 (two)
1917 (one)
1918 (two)
1919 (one)
1920 (one)
1921 (one)
1922 (three)
2755 (three)

In the bag on the left, the 19XX are in the top grouping, in ascending order by color. The 1266 are in the bottom left corner and the 2755 are in the bottom right corner. The bag on the right includes all the 25XX eggs. I'm sure others have far more by now. Just thought I'd throw my figures out there in case anyone else wants to comment. curiously adorned egg colors.JPG

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I think this must be a rare one, it is Wildfire hued (hue 2758 Hue 2758 - Stratics Community Wiki )

Egg 2758.png

I am still looking for the lich statue hue 1168 from the savages event spawn in Ilshenar a few events back. Happy to trade this Wildfire egg for the lich if anyone is interested. This is the one I'm missing:

Lich Hue 1168.png

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*cries* I'm hopeless at this. I can't find Varioso at the Lyceum. What am I doing wrong?

Lady Sylph

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
The UO news does state:

“Visit the fields of Britannia to collect curiously adorned eggs! Think you can find them all, including the uber-rare ones?

so I think there are rare hues on the eggs, I’ve collected over 400 now i think and only got 1-2 of certain hues like the Daemonic Forces hue 2753 but I did notice that I got different styles of it too, I have a spotted one, plain one, and, striped one in that hue. There’s also others like the fire hue 2736 that I’ve only gotten one of the spotted out of the 400+ and the Wildfire hue I’ve gotten 1-2 of those as well.
EggHues.jpg

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
there are other avatars out there, found a few while walking around.
3-23-20220053.jpg 3-23-20220058.jpg 3-23-20220065.jpg

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Million dollar question for me; has anyone found the Curio Collector yet? Some people are saying he's the turn in guy for treasures but it's listed under dynamic quest so I don't think he is. Also if we pair the pic of him with those ingots with the datamining file from Uo-cah; my guess is that this is where we will get ingots of fey wrath.

1648127122474.png

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
*cries* I'm hopeless at this. I can't find Varioso at the Lyceum. What am I doing wrong?
He is in a building behind the Lyceum. Don't go in the entry go around to the back. And he just gives info...

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Million dollar question for me; has anyone found the Curio Collector yet? Some people are saying he's the turn in guy for treasures but it's listed under dynamic quest so I don't think he is. Also if we pair the pic of him with those ingots with the datamining file from Uo-cah; my guess is that this is where we will get ingots of fey wrath.

View attachment 128817
You would think that someone has gone by every mountain in the game. Maybe need to email or ask Kyronix. My guess was we could salvage armor to get them. Your idea is better.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Drakelord those are the guys you find on your way after you talk to the guy at the Hunters guild..he says they are headed up the road to the far north...so you follow the road north and find more people to talk to.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Our website has the oracle quest chain in order, which allows people to have the complete story.

Also it has what we believe to be all the hues including rares of the eggs, butterflies and parrots (will be trying to finish hedges today). Thanks to all our discord contributors for helping complete that! We also have pictures of 7 hues of bunnies.

Spring Fever Event | uo-cah.com

Last edited:

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Our website has the oracle quest chain in order, which allows people to have the complete story.

Also it has what we believe to be all the hues including rares of the eggs, butterflies and parrots (will be trying to finish hedges today). Thanks to all our discord contributors for helping complete that! We also have pictures of 7 hues of bunnies.

@Khaelor - Excellent job as usual on the guide. Thank you for that! I didn't see the Curio on your walkthrough so I'm guessing that it's not out yet (given how thorough you all are). I did walk around every mountain in Tram to check for the Curio without any luck but did't try other lands (not sure if anyone has scoured like Tok or Ilsh).

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
The curio guy will be right outside of Destard to the left of the entrance.

1648134969081.png

1648134985891.png

I've said this multiple times. He will more then likely be a part of the Wrath of the Fey.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Fey Ingots....no clue yet but we'll figure it out! But yeah it does look like stacks of cash!

The spawn is fun for the first few levels...Saliva and Crazed Bears? Cu's? Not so much lol but it's nice that the eggs drop there too.

Can't wait for the Wrath of the Fey though, that sounds fun!

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Fey Ingots....no clue yet but we'll figure it out! But yeah it does look like stacks of cash!

The spawn is fun for the first few levels...Saliva and Crazed Bears? Cu's? Not so much lol but it's nice that the eggs drop there too.

Can't wait for the Wrath of the Fey though, that sounds fun!
I am looking forward to the "Wrath" spawn as well. The reward for the Fey one isn't something I'm interested in having more than one of. I personally won't use them.

Painted Elves

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Has anyone tried making plant dyes or baskets from the new hedges?
:eyes:
Also....I'm not finding many eggs, i collected about 60 yesterday, does Luck play a part in it or shard population?

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Has anyone tried making plant dyes or baskets from the new hedges?
:eyes:
Also....I'm not finding many eggs, i collected about 60 yesterday, does Luck play a part in it or shard population?
I run to the building on the SW of Moonglow island, the one with wheat. Then head to the one with Cotton on the south side. Then the one nearby to the north.

Then I check Felucca.

By the time I get back to Trammel they are respawning.

There's always an egg. Most of the time there's two. Sometimes I luck into an egg in the forest between the 2nd and 3rd houses.

I grabbed about 60 today in a couple hours.

I'm on Chessy and my character has 0 luck or skill.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I was attempting to sort by style....

1648143063063.png
Gave up, turned em all in lol...except for the rare ones of course. Just too many!!!! but very pretty!

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
You got further than me. I even swapped to classic. EC makes them smaller, weirdly.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think I turned in some rare ones but I got the rare medium hedge.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

Nothing though about that ingot guy...

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The UO streakiness continues: Virtue candles in the order received from doing the quest, left to right 1916 (two), 1153 (one), 1910 (two), 1918 (one), 1912 (one), 1920 (two). (I know you can see samples where the quest giver is. I'm just commenting on the streakiness.)

virtue candles.JPG

Below are the rare hued eggs I've gathered so far. The top row are all 19XX hues. From left to right they are: 1912, 1916, 1917, 1918, 1919, 1920, 1921, 1922. The hues on the bottom row are from left to right: 1266, 2076, 2736, 2753, 2755, 2759.
rare egg colors.JPG

Last edited:

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
According to UO Cah half the ones you have are not rare.

Who's right? Who knows.....but I would assume the Wildfire color would be rare, as well as the fire, white...the puke/poop brown ones lol and the black/red ones.

I have gotten MANY of the white eggs and have already turned them in.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The UO streakiness continues: Virtue candles in the order received from doing the quest, left to right 1916 (two), 1153 (one), 1910 (two), 1918 (one), 1912 (one), 1920 (two). (I know you can see samples where the quest giver is. I'm just commenting on the streakiness.)

View attachment 128842

Below are the rare hued eggs I've gathered so far. The top row are all 19XX hues. From left to right they are: 1912, 1916, 1917, 1918, 1919, 1920, 1921, 1922. The hues on the bottom row are from left to right: 1266, 2076, 2736, 2753, 2755, 2759.
View attachment 128844
Why is that streaky? You have a once in 8 chance to get a color. Looks like you were very lucky to get just 2 of a color. The game does not remember which ones you already have. You can trade candles to someone who wants a color you have and they dont have.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Turned in 125 eggs. Got a white candle and 4 FOUR blue candles.
Yes, that is a bad streak. lol It is the same with virtue tile quest. The previous was pretty good luck.

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
They could fix the rewards by letting you pick your desired color. Makes no sense to keep them random for something so time consuming.

25 egg for candle
3 egg for bush hedge

Why not make them all equal points , they all do nothing but sit and look pretty

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They could fix the rewards by letting you pick your desired color. Makes no sense to keep them random for something so time consuming.

25 egg for candle
3 egg for bush hedge

Why not make them all equal points , they all do nothing but sit and look pretty
NO I like butterflies and hedges. Don't need no 20 point items!

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why is that streaky? You have a once in 8 chance to get a color. Looks like you were very lucky to get just 2 of a color. The game does not remember which ones you already have. You can trade candles to someone who wants a color you have and they dont have.
I just finished the set of virtue candles. It took 18 tries to get all 8, so I have a good start on some additional sets. The picture shows the order they were received in, top row left to right and then bottom row left to right.

virtue candles complete set.JPG

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just finished the set of virtue candles. It took 18 tries to get all 8, so I have a good start on some additional sets. The picture shows the order they were received in, top row left to right and then bottom row left to right.

View attachment 128860
That is what the Virtue tile quest is like. That's why we trade. You are only short a few for a set of 2. Trade the triples for your singles 2 sets in 18 tries is damn good. It is 1 in 8 chance each turn in.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Fine
Make them all 5 or 3 points lol
Then there would be no reason to go around collecting eggs for hours on end because people would have 20 candles (at 5 eggs per or 33 at 3 eggs per) instead of 4 and have full sets without needing to trade or anything else. Same with parrots.

I've already seen people throw butterflies and hedges on the ground at 3-5 egg price tag.

Funny how some people want everything to be a layup. They want to automatically have the full sets or rare colors with very little effort; ignoring the fact that if that were the case the "rare" factor would be gone.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
You're right
Carpul tunnel is much better than getting things that don't do anything easy :rolleyes:
You have a choice to collect them or not. Very selfish to water down game play for your own desire. :(

btw - have you actually played UO? 90% of the game is carpal tunnel.

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I'll bet you enjoy having to tag 25 quest eggs for turn in at the candle guy too ?
It's part of uo !!! :rolleyes:

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Welcome back.

It's a minor inconvenience for a short term quest, but it doesn't make me think that the overall rewards should have their total turn-in be decreased because of it. If it really were that big of a hassle for me I'd either use EC for the grid backpack or I wouldn't do the quest. The eggs literally spawn everywhere. It's not like you have to complete a 10 part quest of clicks to get one egg and you still need 25 for a candle. Let's be realistic about what we are dealing with; it's 1 click to grab and drag into your bag.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Is it just me, or did the re-spawn time go up considerably after midnight this morning?
Before that, I would visit eight locations and grab two eggs at each; and the first would have re-spawned by the time I got back to it. Now, not so much.