• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

***SPOILERS*** Halloween 2009

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Loot thus far:

Regular Candy
Lollipops (cherry, orange and lime)
Nougat Swirls
Jelly Beans
Taffy
Wrapped candy

Semi Rares
Murky Milk
Mr. Plain's Cookies
Harvest Wine (does not stack)
Creepy Cake (will stack together)
Small Web (pointing E/W)

Rare Items (Given to GM Beggars)
Skulls on a pike
Grim Warning

Tricks
Groan and Blood Trail
Naughty Twin (turns you into maggots, steals candy or teleports you to a moongate)

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And watch out for that Naughty Twin :):")
I don't mind if he steals my candy, or turns me into maggots, but I hate when he teleports me.

Anyone get other tricks besides the Twin or the blood trail?

Kri

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ooooh... skulls! Can we still get the webs? I know someone mentioned that they got one of "last year's items" but not sure if they were referring to the semi-rares...

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ooooh... skulls! Can we still get the webs? I know someone mentioned that they got one of "last year's items" but not sure if they were referring to the semi-rares...
Yes, see post #1. I've edited it to update the list. Even added pics.

Kri

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I see what you did there...

adding it to the list after I asked ;)

Grim warning is pretty neat too! Glad I finally GM'd begging this year! :D

Y

Yen Sid

Well if they are handing out cool things like those things for GM Beggars, I think that I will have have to GM Begging for next year. (I would for this year but I haven't got it started lol). When this publish goes to Origin and if there are any GM Beggars there, I would love to buy at least one of each of these things, if not more.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There's time yet. I didn't push to GM until a week before the end of last year's event. If you can create a new character with 50 begging, and get to heartwood.
Or if you want to power game it you can hire and strand 6 fighters on heart island, and create a macro to beg them all and just grind away repeating it to GM. Bring a boat though. I ended up with well over 20k last year going from mid to high 80's to GM.

THERE'S STILL HOPE!

Tom_Builder

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There's time yet. I didn't push to GM until a week before the end of last year's event. If you can create a new character with 50 begging, and get to heartwood.
Or if you want to power game it you can hire and strand 6 fighters on heart island, and create a macro to beg them all and just grind away repeating it to GM. Bring a boat though. I ended up with well over 20k last year going from mid to high 80's to GM.

THERE'S STILL HOPE!
I Gmed it the hard way, went to Luna (over the last 2 weeks), and got every Begging SoT there. About 56 full points, people sell them cheap. Also you gain fast early on so raise it to what you need then SoT your way to GM.

GM Begger Tom

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I Gmed it the hard way, went to Luna (over the last 2 weeks), and got every Begging SoT there. About 56 full points, people sell them cheap. Also you gain fast early on so raise it to what you need then SoT your way to GM.

GM Begger Tom
There is that method too.

M

Mairut

Does anyone know when this will go live? I originally thought it would be on Halloween, but after reading some posts I'm not so sure anymore...

M

Mairut

Just keep in mind that's just my best guess. I have no special knowledge on the subject.

Hopefully it won't tomorrow...I'm hoping to grind begging this weekend (and maybe some the coming week). Hopefully the Halloween stuff will still be going on long enough for me to GM and get a couple things.
Or maybe I'm delusional, and I won't be able to GM in time to beg for treats, no matter when it goes live :p I'll give it a good try though.

M

Mairut

Aaah...that would be much better than the week or 2 I was assuming it would be... o.0 I hope it's that long.

E

Eyes of Origin

Question from a new beggar......

Do you get the rares and semi rares just from saying trick or treat? I've been at it for a little while on Origin and have a ton of candy, but nothing else? I do have GM begging...

*edit* just got a pumpkin pizza from an npc in Brit

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just say trick or treat. The begging gives you a chance at the rare items.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
does anyone know for certain that the Naughty Twin does not send you to Magencia moongate?

christy1221

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
does anyone know for certain that the Naughty Twin does not send you to Magencia moongate?
On test center I know it does. It sent me there and I almost died from the corrupted souls. They all were ganging up on me. lol

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
thanks christy1221, good to know..... if I get anything special it goes right to the bank!

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Question from a new beggar......

Do you get the rares and semi rares just from saying trick or treat? I've been at it for a little while on Origin and have a ton of candy, but nothing else? I do have GM begging...

*edit* just got a pumpkin pizza from an npc in Brit
Yep, the Pumkin Pizza rounds out the list of the semi-rares from last year...

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sent by nasty twin to TC1's Magincia moongate as well. Managed to quickly recall home alive. Initially was a tad annoyed, but thinking back, it's probably a great afk/scripters deterrent.

L

Lord Drakelord

Sent by nasty twin to TC1's Magincia moongate as well. Managed to quickly recall home alive. Initially was a tad annoyed, but thinking back, it's probably a great afk/scripters deterrent.
as long as you don't crash I can live with that, but hate when I crash during recalling.

Sakkarah_

VIP
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Unless I messed up something along the way (hopes not!!) you shouldn't be teleported to Magincia anymore.

christy1221

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Unless I messed up something along the way (hopes not!!) you shouldn't be teleported to Magincia anymore.
Awesome thanks.

I also want to say this is one of the best halloweens ever. Between the quest, pumpkins and new trick or treat items I am having a blast. You guys did an awesome job this year. :thumbup:

:heart:

shanshu

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Totally forgot to GM begging for this Halloween. Been power gaming since yesterday. I am at 86.8. Hope I make it!

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
See now I have to try to make more work for Sakkarah. Wonder if I drag an item i wont get teleported. *Evil Twin Talking*

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't understand if begging affect trick or treat.
I'm on TC.
I'm gm beggar but if i use begging on a npc it gives to me only money.
If i use trick and treater i can obtain some more rare item then if i would not GM beggar?

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't understand if begging affect trick or treat.
I'm on TC.
I'm gm beggar but if i use begging on a npc it gives to me only money.
If i use trick and treater i can obtain some more rare item then if i would not GM beggar?
If you have GM begging and you say Trick or Treat to an NPC you have a small (5% or less) chance to get a special item. Pictures of the 3 that GM beggars only get are in my first post in this thread. Without GM begging you have no chance to get those items.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thought I'd toss this out there to make Trick or Treating a bit easier.

http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=164641

Astryl has posted an awesome macro for working begging that could easily be adapted for Trick or Treating. Just replace the Use Skill > Begging with Say > Trick or Treat.

Only hitch is the macro will only work if you are using the new targeting system. I have turned it on for my beggar because it makes working Heartwood about 10,000 times easier. No more missed clicks and having to wait out a timer because I targeted the floor by mistake when the NPC moved at the last second.

Sakkarah_

VIP
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
See now I have to try to make more work for Sakkarah. Wonder if I drag an item i wont get teleported. *Evil Twin Talking*
!!!!

*code tweak*

If ( isTrickOrTreating AND (player == Gareth))
{
dropHandHeldItem; // hopefully it was good and he'll cry for losing it
teleportChances = 105%; // just to be sure!
teleportToDestination = Somewhere no one can come rez him; // he asked for it!
killPlayer; // owned 1v1!
lootPlayerDry; // Cuz I have no shame!
talkSmackToPlayersGhost; // Yes, I'm also a griefer!
}

:stir:

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
!!!!

*code tweak*

If ( isTrickOrTreating AND (player == Gareth))
{
dropHandHeldItem; // hopefully it was good and he'll cry for losing it
teleportChances = 105%; // just to be sure!
teleportToDestination = Somewhere no one can come rez him; // he asked for it!
killPlayer; // owned 1v1!
lootPlayerDry; // Cuz I have no shame!
talkSmackToPlayersGhost; // Yes, I'm also a griefer!
}

:stir:
:thumbup:

Tip on locations where he can't get rezzed... My house. There's never a damn healer around there when I need one.

L

lols

Small web is obtainable by anyone.. A friend with 0 begging was trick or treating in luna today and got it on his first beg.. Me, the GM beggar, nothing special yet..

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Woot! The refugees brought their candy!

A little tip: Start at the West gate. Mark a rune and work your way South. Recall back when you get to the end of the camp. They will be reset by then. Even if you get teleported you always get kicked to the Ter Mur moongate. Smack dab in the middle of.... more refugees! You'll be reelin in the loot as fast you you can thump the macro :)

T

Thashinel

NOT a biggie, but I have also received a North/South small web on my GM beggar. Not sure if that's a difference between GM and non-GM, but I do have one compared to four of the other East/West ones.

Thash/Jo

shanshu

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Got two small webs today from my beggar at 93..3.

On a side note, I have not gained in forever. Is this the wall or was there a change with the patch yesterday? I am talking about 10 hours without a gain.

Sellingahouse

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hello I have gotten 4 webs and 5 skulls on a pike but not one grim warning? Is there a trick to getting one?

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello I have gotten 4 webs and 5 skulls on a pike but not one grim warning? Is there a trick to getting one?
Just keep at it. One will drop eventually. Its less than a 5% chance to get one of the rare items (provided they didn't change things from last year).

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Two grim warnings in @3000 trick or treats for me so far. Hard to keep track with my bro nabbing my candy.