Spoiler - Threads of Fate/Life/Thought

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 11, 2008
Too many different posts threads on these quest threads, so I thought it's easier to consolidate what I have gathered about them so far from my tests and other posts. I have updated my results after the client patch.

Quest Giver
The NPC mage that starts you on this quest is right next to where the original Magincia moongate was. Note that the ghosts will still drop the threads even if you did not speak with the quest giver. So you can also get the threads first, then come back to get the quests.

He has 3 quests to give your avatar. The quests he gives are selected randomly, but once you have completed one, he will not offer you that same quest again.

Once you have gathered enough of the required threads, mark them as quest items and double click the NPC mage again. Works like the ML quests. Also, all the threads are dropped in your backpack directly, there's nothing to loot on the corpses at this point in time.

Note:
1) Draconi has confirmed that the NPC will accept the Threads of Fate/Life from the previous Moonglow invasion event.
2) The threads will have another use in future - to combine with the shadowlord cloaks.

Quest A - Threads of Life (need 3 from Restless Souls)
Invulnerable, unmoving.

Released by using Spirit Speak nearby.

Tactic - You don't need to be adjacent to the Restless soul, works even if you are up to 4 tiles away. If you succeed with using SS when there's a Restless Spirit within 4 tiles, you get the message "You begin speaking with the nearby spirit". This replaces the normal SS healing message. Then you begin talking like a ghost's, ie OooooOOooo. Just wait a couple of secs until it says the soul has been freed. When freed, a pillar of light appears on their spot.

Approx 1 in 5 chance to drop Threads of Life.

Quest B - Threads of Thought (need 5 from Forsaken Souls)
Constantly wanders the streets of Magincia. Yes, constantly. They don't ever stop moving and they run past very quickly.

Can be released by casting Exorcism nearby.

Tactic - Stand in the middle of one of the main roads, they like to run across those roads. When you see one coming towards you, cast excorcism. You should be able to nail it in exorcism's area of effect. When freed, a black gate will appear briefly on their spot. I tried running through the gate, but nothing happens. Probably just eye candy. Just takes 1 casting to free each soul, which is good, because casting Exorcism requires 40 mana. Also, minimum skill to cast Exorcism is 80 Necro and 100 SS http://www.uo.com/cgi-bin/newstools.pl?Article=8876

Approx 1 in 3 chance to drop Threads of Thought.

Quest C - Threads of Fate (need 10 from Corrupted Souls
Red, aggressive. Calls other Corrupted Souls nearby for help when attacking.
They tend to aggro players and not summons/pets. They are able to use magery spells like poison, flamestrike etc to attack, including using teleport to jump next to you. Some however, don't move and just cast spells. Possibly a bug. A second more annoying bug that made them immune to damage has since been fixed.

Released by killing them.

Tactic - At the moment, it seems that they don't give threads as often if you don't do direct (melee?) damage. I have gotten none from using tamer w pets, mage with summons, mage with spells, archery. However, my wife did get 1 after about 40+ kills, and Christy got 1 by flamestriking. Be careful, because they really do call other Corrupted souls nearby for help and likes to gank players. Apprx 15 damage to an all 70's suit. They do 100% physical damage. Weakest resist is fire. Overseer's Sundered Blade rules with it's fire damage and whirlwind. When freed, a black gate appears on their spot and motes of dark light swirls around and converges towards the gate.

1 in 10 chance to drop Threads of Fate if using melee warrior. 1 in 40 chance if using other templates (possibly including archers). If someone has better luck with their archers, please let me know. Thanks!

Some other updates after the client patch:
1) The graphics of all 3 threads have been changed, retro-actively. All the threads I had remaining yesterday now have the new graphics. From the 6 different graphics previously, all 6 types now share the same graphic.

2) The threads are stackable, however, each of the 3 types of threads have 10 variations. Each of the 10 variations gives a different message when a player with GM Spirit Speak double clicks them. So that's 30 different types.

Pics for the reward rubble in the next post.

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 11, 2008
These are rubble rewards after the P56 client patch changes. Finally got all 12 types.

Characteristics:
1) All weigh between 10 to 15 stones
2) All are just called rubble
3) All cannot be turned using the interior decorator tool

From the Threads of Fate quest
Note that the tapestry faces the other way compared to the Magincia event rubble. Moongate granite seems lighter in colour than other moon gate granites.

Counter clock-wise from the left:
1) Moongate granite
2) Boulder
3) Empty flower pot
4) Tapestry

From the Threads of Life quest

1) Easel with canvass
2) Shelves
3) Pulley
4) Wall hanger

from the Threads of Thought thread

1) Barren tree
2) Docks post
3) Dishing stump
4) Pile of logs

christy1221

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Chesapeake
You can get the threads off the corrupted souls with spells it just takes a lot longer. I was using flamestrike and got them. Couldn't get any with ev's tho.

But using your warrior is the way to go you get them a whole lot faster. :D

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Cats/Europa
Things I haven't tested yet, maybe someone else has?

Is the quest repeatable with the same character?

Do you need to be on the quest to get the threads?

christy1221

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Chesapeake
Things I haven't tested yet, maybe someone else has?

Is the quest repeatable with the same character?

Do you need to be on the quest to get the threads?

It's once per character and you don't have to be on the quest to get the threads. I tested both :D

NBG

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 15, 2008
Catskills Shard, Town of Minoc
So I guess for chars that does not have necro or ss skill they would have to get those thread by buying them or get it on another char?

christy1221

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Chesapeake
I also got these but it was before they posted the changes yesterday so not sure if you can still get them or not.

Norrar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
May 25, 2008
Catskills.
heh, i have a feeling most of the rubble will be used as deco.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 24, 2008
Lincoln, Nebraska
Friggin bossssss, thats some nice rubble. Ive been wanting that boulder, and that empty planter! Sucks that its only once per!!!

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 11, 2008
You can get the threads off the corrupted souls with spells it just takes a lot longer. I was using flamestrike and got them. Couldn't get any with ev's tho.

But using your warrior is the way to go you get them a whole lot faster. :D
Cool! I'll add that in!

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 11, 2008
It's once per character and you don't have to be on the quest to get the threads. I tested both :D
Ah, Christy beat me to it. Yup, each char can do all 3 quests once. So, that's 15 pieces of rubble for people with 5 char slots, 21 pieces for people with 7 char slots. On. Each. Shard.

I started gathering the threads before accepting the quests, so yes, they drop even if you don't have the quest.

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 11, 2008
So I guess for chars that does not have necro or ss skill they would have to get those thread by buying them or get it on another char?
Someone did mention that killing the forsaken souls (instead of using exorcism) would also work, albeit alot slower.

However, yes, they can be traded to another char to turn in. So you can collect using your Necro, then pass it to your crafters.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 27, 2003
always Legends
question from a deco-addict

most of the stuff probably not, but can the rack of canvas and the log pile be turned with deco tool?

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 13, 2006
who doesnt have a necro by now

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 13, 2006
Friggin bossssss, thats some nice rubble. Ive been wanting that boulder, and that empty planter! Sucks that its only once per!!!
boulder will probably be taken away when the pub goes live

A

Aboo

Here's what I got last night all but a large tree, different from what is posted. I can't post a picture of it because as I was showing it to someone a stealther came by and stole it.

Attachments

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 11, 2008
I also got these but it was before they posted the changes yesterday so not sure if you can still get them or not.

I just got the pot and the wall hanger today, so you can still get them.

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 11, 2008
question from a deco-addict

most of the stuff probably not, but can the rack of canvas and the log pile be turned with deco tool?
Tried, you can't turn them with the decor tool. But you can raise their height as per normal.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Sorry if I'm missing this in the various posts. But is this quest sole for Necromancers and others with Spirit Speak? Or will Exorcism and Spirit Speak work even without the necessary skills?

-Galen's player

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 27, 2003
always Legends
:sad4:

thanks Harlequin, appreciate the check.... perhaps we can get that functionality at some point for these really neat items

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 11, 2008
I think between Christy's (tree stump), Aboo's (broken shelves) and my pics, all 12 different rubble are accounted for. Whew!

Also, all the rubble I got weigh less than 20 stones. The Magincia event rubble weighed between 25 to 100 stones.

I'll cleanup the pics better tomorrow. Now I can go to Khaldun :D

A

Aboo

Sorry if I'm missing this in the various posts. But is this quest sole for Necromancers and others with Spirit Speak? Or will Exorcism and Spirit Speak work even without the necessary skills?

-Galen's player
For the Restless Souls you have to use Spirit Speak on them. The Forsaken Souls you have to use Exorcism on them. The Corrupted Souls you just have to kill them but after killing over 100 last night with provocation and magery I only got 2 threads. Someone posted they got more threads if they used melee instead of magery.

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 11, 2008
1 more thing, if you are overweight and a thread is spawned, you get a message saying that the item cannot be placed in your backpack. It does not go to your bank box or gets dropped to the ground. So you don't get anything. Found out the hard way when I got cursed by one of the corrupted souls.

Draconi/Jeremy: From the message, it looks like this was specifically designed and intended. Any possibility to change this and have the thread go to the bank box instead like arties?

A

Aboo

I think between Christy's (tree stump), Aboo's (broken shelves) and my pics, all 12 different rubble are accounted for. Whew!

Also, all the rubble I got weigh less than 20 stones. The Magincia event rubble weighed between 25 to 100 stones.

I'll cleanup the pics better tomorrow. Now I can go to Khaldun :D
Thanks for your hard work getting and posting the pictures. Now we just need a list of all the rubble next to a picture of it!:D

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 11, 2008

-Galen's player
Without at least 80 necro, you can't cast Exorcism. Also requires 100 SS http://www.uo.com/cgi-bin/newstools.pl?Article=8876

For the Restless Souls, someone mentioned that using the 20 points from a human's JOAT is good enough. So I am guessing as long as you succeed with the SS attempt, it reduces some sort of "spirit speak hit point" counter on all Restless Souls with it's area of effect. Once a soul's HP is reduced to 0, it is released. I am not sure if it tracks "damage" from different players and gives only the highest damager the thread though.

In short, you will need both skills. The higher, the better.

A

Aboo

Has anyone noticed if certain threads will only give you certain rubble?

I discovered that with the Threads of Life I got the following only:
Wall Hanger
Easel
Broken Shelves

With the Threads of Thought I only got the following:
Leaveless Tree
Tree Stump
Pile of Logs
Dock Post

I managed to get just 2 Threads of Fate so I have no idea what you get with it.

Anyone else have any thoughts on this pattern?

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 11, 2008
Thanks for your hard work getting and posting the pictures. Now we just need a list of all the rubble next to a picture of it!:D
Haha, np, that's what I was planning to do :D

F

Flora Green

Is that a dish(ing) stump I see? One of our fellow players has been practically begging for that. Maybe she'll see this thread. :) I guess I have to reactivate an account because I want a ton of trees and pots. While I'm thrilled to get those pots, I think they could have been added to stonecrafting instead cause people have wanted them so long. Still, nice rewards. *preps characters for farming*

Thanks for the info!

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 11, 2008
Has anyone noticed if certain threads will only give you certain rubble?

I discovered that with the Threads of Life I got the following only:
Wall Hanger
Easel
Broken Shelves

With the Threads of Thought I only got the following:
Leaveless Tree
Tree Stump
Pile of Logs
Dock Post

I managed to get just 2 Threads of Fate so I have no idea what you get with it.

Anyone else have any thoughts on this pattern?
From the TC notes, I think it's split into 3 groups (1 for each quest/thread),

1) Trees
2) Broken furniture
3) The others (I rememeber reading this somewhere and there was a proper name, but can't find it now)

Since there are 12 different rubble, each group would have 4 types:

So under Trees
1) Leaveless (I think I'll call it barren tree, sounds better :)) tree 1
2) Barren tree 2
3) Pile of logs
4) Tree stump

Under broken furniture
1) Wall hanger
2) Broken shelves
3) Docks post
4) Easel

Under the last group
1) Plant bowl (this doesn't work as a container in case people are wondering)
2) Pulley
3) Boulder
4) Moon gate granite

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Without at least 80 necro, you can't cast Exorcism. Also requires 100 SS http://www.uo.com/cgi-bin/newstools.pl?Article=8876

For the Restless Souls, someone mentioned that using the 20 points from a human's JOAT is good enough. So I am guessing as long as you succeed with the SS attempt, it reduces some sort of "spirit speak hit point" counter on all Restless Souls with it's area of effect. Once a soul's HP is reduced to 0, it is released. I am not sure if it tracks "damage" from different players and gives only the highest damager the thread though.

In short, you will need both skills. The higher, the better.
*sigh* Oh dear.

So it's a necro-only quest more or less.

That's not good.

They could just switch the Threads of Thought with the Threads of Fate? Such that the Thought threads can be obtained from combat, and the rest of us non-Necromancers can use our stores of Thought and Fate threads to finish the quest?

Jeremy, Draconi, Regina? This sound ok to you?

-Galen's player

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 11, 2008
*showing ignorance*
What is a dishing stump?:confused:
Oh, it's a tree stump with a bowl-like depression dug out of its centre. I suspect the name arose because they can be used for washing dishes :)

Whoops, Flora is right again, it's used for making armor, not for washing dishes *looks embarrased*

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 11, 2008
*sigh* Oh dear.

So it's a necro-only quest more or less.

That's not good.

They could just switch the Threads of Thought with the Threads of Fate? Such that the Thought threads can be obtained from combat, and the rest of us non-Necromancers can use our stores of Thought and Fate threads to finish the quest?

Jeremy, Draconi, Regina? This sound ok to you?

-Galen's player
Actually, to be fair, like all other skills, you can succeed at SS at 0 skill, even without JOAT.

As for the Forsaken souls, now that you mention combat, someone did say that you can engage them in combat to kill them as well. Drop rate is slower though.

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sep 24, 2003
From the patch notes:

Rubble rewards are all unique - they do not overlap craftables or Magincia Invasion rubble.

I wonder if the moon gate granite and dock post are the same pieces as in the mag invasion. But the wood piles are pretty awesome. Cant wait for it to hit production.

K

Kyrie_Elaison

Is that a dish(ing) stump I see? One of our fellow players has been practically begging for that. Maybe she'll see this thread. :) I guess I have to reactivate an account because I want a ton of trees and pots. While I'm thrilled to get those pots, I think they could have been added to stonecrafting instead cause people have wanted them so long. Still, nice rewards. *preps characters for farming*

Thanks for the info!
YAY MY DISHING STUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been begging for one of those for ages.

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Dishing stumps were (and still are) used by blacksmiths to make rounded pieces. They were used for making bowls and other tableware, but most notably for making the rounded portions of armor (such as the helm and shoulder pauldrons.)

I was hoping they would add it to the game as a vet reward and give it some sort of bonus to either blacksmithy or mining, but I am perfectly content with it just being pixel crack.

:D :lick: :D :lick: :D :lick: :D :lick: :D

Thank You Devs - I Love You All

F

Flora Green

Ah hah! I'm sorry I didn't remember your name, Kyrie, but I remember you asking about it and that it was part of your signature for awhile. I'm just out of it with a terrible head cold and sinus infection. Can barely think of my own name today.:blushing:

K

Kyrie_Elaison

Ah hah! I'm sorry I didn't remember your name, Kyrie, but I remember you asking about it and that it was part of your signature for awhile. I'm just out of it with a terrible head cold and sinus infection. Can barely think of my own name today.:blushing:
*passes Flora a box of tissue and a hot cup of tea with honey and lemon*

:D

Hunter Moon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 19, 2005
Hmm in a thread I started, Jeremy said that they changed the rubble that overlapped with Mag rubble and now none overlaps. Does anyone have any pictures of the rubble you can get today? From what he said, much of it should be new! I am desperately working up my husband's beggar in the hopes of hitting GM so I haven't had any time to log onto test. Three straight days of working and it seems like I will never hit GM :(

Hunter Moon [HOT] Atlantic

Hunter Moon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 19, 2005
Ug... No one has said anything about the new items anywhere! Please post pics or even just a note about any new rubble you find :)

Hunter Moon [HOT] Atlantic

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 11, 2008
Made some updates in original post after the changes.

LadyNico

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 13, 2003
London, UK
Those are awesome, I like them. Thanks for showing them!

Now, if I can just get some time in game, I can set about nabbing them!

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 11, 2008
Pics updated. Missing 2 more rubble. Probably the empty plant bowl and the pile of logs. I have no idea how that house owner got that different looking rubble tree that I posted in the old pics.

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jan 30, 2003
Houston, TX
Thanks for posting the pictures Harlequin. I love the quest rewards! :love: I also think it's great that we get to rebuild Magenica!!!

christy1221

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Chesapeake
It prolly not testable on TC, unless you can still claim vet rewards but I am wondering if I can soulstone my ss/necro to other characters so I can do this more than once?
You can get the threads with your necro and pass them to your other characters. :D

christy1221

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Chesapeake
Pics updated. Missing 2 more rubble. Probably the empty plant bowl and the pile of logs. I have no idea how that house owner got that different looking rubble tree that I posted in the old pics.

I received those trees too the first day they put publish 56 on test center then they changed it to the other items.