• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

splendid - we get awesome new tmap changes and what do i get to hear about

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
for the next 10 years ... every damn day ... is how there's too many pardons - great - just great - i'm really looking forward to the 1000's of posts about risk/reward, pk's are evil, they should never get pardoned because i'm a super trammy and i hate them

i'm just sooooo looking forward to the uhall being filled with these stupid posts for the next 10 years ... ad infinitum

B

Beastmaster

That's nice.

So you start your own thread?

Well since you were so gracious to afford me the opportunity to express it once again (and I will do so in every thread I see), yes, the drop rate is TOO HIGH.

T

Tazar

I think it would be funny if the "pardons" only dropped in a Trammel Ruleset... *Insert evil grin smiley that's been missing for several years now*

B

Beastmaster

With all the people complaining that it's too low or too high, I'm going to go out of the limb and say It's an equal balance
I think you must have just bought your math skill. Keep counting and watch for these messages:

"your skill in math has gone up, 30.1"

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
F

Fat Lip

I think it would be funny if the "pardons" only dropped in a Trammel Ruleset... *Insert evil grin smiley that's been missing for several years now*
I think this is a fantastic idea to offset the "Powerscrolls in Felucca" thing. I vote to have Pardons spawn only in Trammel rulesets.

T

Trebr Drab

I think this is a fantastic idea to offset the "Powerscrolls in Felucca" thing. I vote to have Pardons spawn only in Trammel rulesets.
What difference does that make? Reds don't have their entire account go red, they have blues too.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's nice.

So you start your own thread?

Well since you were so gracious to afford me the opportunity to express it once again (and I will do so in every thread I see), yes, the drop rate is TOO HIGH.

I totally agree.

As it has been reported, the drop rate is high, way too high.

I wished PvP was more balanced out and fights' outcomes more opened up to any and all parties participating being able to win.

Unfortunately, this is currently NOT the case and some players win all or most fights and some players loose all or most fights.

This does create problems to both parties because, eventually, players become either bored for winning too easily or too often or frustrated for never or too rarely winning.

Having bored or frustrated players who may quit or rage-quit ain't good for the game, as I see it, as it looses subscriptions.

So, until PvP is changed in its combat rules and capable of ensuring to ALL participants a more open ended outcome, I do not think pardons would be a good idea, not at least if they are such a common drop.

I hope I am entitled, for the game I play and pay for, to my opinion.

Or am I not ??

Prime.

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think you must have just bought your math skill. Keep counting and watch for these messages:

"your skill in math has gone up, 30.1"
Not sure where your rudeness came from, just implying a lot of people are complaining its to high while others are complaining its to low = an equal balance

Not to hard to understand :gee:

B

Beastmaster

Not sure where your rudeness came from, just implying a lot of people are complaining its to high while others are complaining its to low = an equal balance

Not to hard to understand :gee:
I don't see an equal number saying its too low.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wha wha.

Personally I still think there is far too little consequence to murderous behavior as is. Now they get pardons for nothing. So now what?

I have no idea why you think I should have any sympathy at all for a Red... the fact they are Red in the first place was a choice they made.

Now they get enough pardons they can do whatever they like without any consequence at all. Ooops went Red after that champ... no big deal just slap on a little pardon and it's like it never happened.

You want to go killing at Fel gate but you don't want to worry about going red and there are only blues there.... no problem... just snag yourself a few pardons and kill all you like...

Yet again erasing the consequence of actions instantly.

There you asked for a post on it you got it.

Can we just move on now?

N

Nastia Cross

Wow people need to calm down about the Pardons. Do any of you actually fight in Fel? Do you know anything about Faction blues having to deal with gimpy blues outside of bases or during spawns? Getting murder counts for defending a spawn or for having some loser run off screen and kill himself is really lame. I have both reds and blues in Factions and the blues I have I like to keep them that way. But on some shards, blue tactics can get really lame. Having a way to remove a few murder counts is a good thing for us Faction blues. My reds have thousands of murder counts and I like it that way. I'm not going to waste time and money on Pardons to make them blue so I can gimp some poor scared Trammy into thinking I'm harmless. Personally, everyone in Fel should be gray if they're not in Factions.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow people need to calm down about the Pardons. Do any of you actually fight in Fel? Do you know anything about Faction blues having to deal with gimpy blues outside of bases or during spawns? Getting murder counts for defending a spawn or for having some loser run off screen and kill himself is really lame. I have both reds and blues in Factions and the blues I have I like to keep them that way. But on some shards, blue tactics can get really lame. Having a way to remove a few murder counts is a good thing for us Faction blues. My reds have thousands of murder counts and I like it that way. I'm not going to waste time and money on Pardons to make them blue so I can gimp some poor scared Trammy into thinking I'm harmless. Personally, everyone in Fel should be gray if they're not in Factions.

Removing just a "few" murder counts could do well with a way lower drop rate than what tests have reported so far.

Out of 25 maps one third had pardons. That is way too easy to be used to wipe off many more than a "few" occasional counts.

A few occasional counts means like 2, 3 possibly 4 over several days of playing the game and Factions. A "few", that is.......

Having a drop rate of pardons of, say, 1 in a hundred Maps would still be IMHO perfectly OK with cleaning up that occasional count from playing Factions.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, and last week my hubby dug up 3 chests out of 5 that had 'heart of the lion' in them. Does that mean it's the most common minor arti in chests?

O

Old Man of UO

Yes, and last week my hubby dug up 3 chests out of 5 that had 'heart of the lion' in them. Does that mean it's the most common minor arti in chests?
That's a very good point.

25 chests is a very low number to make an judgement about, especially concerning artifacts and anything that spawns in a low number. If there is a rare artifact that spawns just 1 in 50 chests, it's entirely reasonable not to see that artifact at all in the first 100 or more chests. Binomial statistics can be very deceiving.

I'd suggest that some of these naysayers actually go dig up a few treasure chests of their own on TC1 rather that complaining about something they haven't even tried.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Until this post, the debate over the pardons was quite impressively civil. Isn't it telling which side of the debate the poster is on?

-Galen's player

S

Sergul'zan_SP

I would rather see the reagents returned to the chest. I'd also like to see a better chance of high end items. Not every chest...but every 3rd or so would be nice.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Pardons don't really mean squat. Don't go to fel and you can't be PKed.

PvPers who go red should have a way to easily return to blue. The PKers would tend to have so many counts I doubt they could find enough Pardons to go blue again.

B

Babble

Don't know about you, but I am hearing nothing of the sort.
If you mean reading on the boards .. well ...
:p

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Really don't see the big deal here. Folks who are hard-core reds are proud of their color. They only folks this will affect are those who kill script miners and such - not real PKs.

PASmountaindew

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since felluca players corner the market on Power Scrolls then I like this idea... Let the trammel players corner the market on the pardons. Then we can set the market price as high as most of the high priced power scrolls that we want. :) Great idea Tazar.

B

Babble

Can anyone tell me a reason why murder status still exists in UO?

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can anyone tell me a reason why murder status still exists in UO?
Because players still murder players? <g>

Non-consensual PvP, better known as PKing, is murder. Not a difficult concept. ;)

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Pardons don't really mean squat. Don't go to fel and you can't be PKed.

PvPers who go red should have a way to easily return to blue. The PKers would tend to have so many counts I doubt they could find enough Pardons to go blue again.

Well, that depends on the way the game is designed........

If the game gets a design which makes certain facets, and those only carry certain things then players' freedom of choice is somewhat limited......

And no, I do not agree with creating "baits" or, if one will, "reasons" for players to want to go to PvP iruleset facets. IMHO, PvP itself should be "THE" one reason why players should want to play on a facet.

If that does not happen and people think that the facet may need "reasons" or "baits" to attract players well, then my opinion is that perhaps the design and way that PvP plays out is flawed since it fails to attract players by itself.

Is it more challenging and thrilling to play versus a computer or another human being ?

I often hear the argument that as of now, no artificial A.I. can be as challenging as a human opponent.

This by itself should be a hell of a good reason to want to fight human controlled characters rather than computer controlled ones.

If this does not happen and players stay away from PvP then the problem is PvP itself and the way it works, NOT the lack of attractiveness of the PvP facet.

The whole "risk vs. reward" is actually, as I see it, in disfavour of PvP and not helping it.

It only divides players and creates frustration in part of the player base and boredom in others and does not get to the core of the problem -the flawed PvP mechanics- really addressed.

So, I'd rather not see facets having any exclusive feature being offered that other facets do not have but see the PvP system addressed and changed so as to make it finally appealing to as many players as possible for the sake of it, the challenge and thrill of playing against another human controlled character rather than some A.I. one.

At least, this is my opinion.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since felluca players corner the market on Power Scrolls then I like this idea... Let the trammel players corner the market on the pardons. Then we can set the market price as high as most of the high priced power scrolls that we want. :) Great idea Tazar.
But then, since many reds also have blues and go to Trammel anyways, if pardons should counter powerscrolls this means that accounts having reds should be barred from doing treasure Maps. They would only be able to buy them off of others but not actually do them.

I mean their reds AND blue characters alike should not be able to do treasure Maps.

Have a red in the account ? Sorry, no character in that account be them red or blue can do treasure Maps.

Only in this case it would really be a counter thing to powerscrolls in Felucca......

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Have a red in the account ? Sorry, no character in that account be them red or blue can do treasure Maps.
I think you're arguing against this idea . . . but either way, this is the worst idea proposed today.

B

Babble

Because players still murder players? <g>

Non-consensual PvP, better known as PKing, is murder. Not a difficult concept. ;)
Counterstrike, WOW, and other games claim something different though.

Felucca is a facet with enhanced pvp rules.

Being red is more of a bragging right.
Punishing a character in the age of soullstones?
Punishing the player because they pk?

Then implement the one red all red Hanse I think proposed then

dukarlo

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think its genious that they put in something as ridiculous as these pardons at this time. People will be pissed off emough it will keep em from asking why the so called "cheat detection" and "enforcement" continues to be ignored. Add in the fact that whats left of the player base will be so happy at the thought of other new shinies and the devs will have yet again successfully buried thier heads in the sand.

Y

Yalp

With soul stones and scroll binders, it's not difficult to take your player from red (w/umpteen murder counts) to blue overnight. If you don't have that many kill points, park yourself in your house and do the time to burn the counts. By my count, that's already 2 ways to go from red to blue. Now a 3rd?

So.. what's this philosophy of the devs? "We feel sorry for people who have chosen to be anti-social in a MMORPG. They have chosen to go to murderer status and we think that's so unfair, so we're instituting a 3rd way to correct this injustice! Poor poor reds! We must help them, and fast!"

Just do away with murder counts altogether... it's the fastest route to helping those poor poor unjustly affected reds.

dukarlo

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The problem isnt that it will be helping reds, the problem is all the blues that will jump in on fights indiscriminantly effectively becoming "blue reds"

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
lol my friend you are truly evil :thumbup1:

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
most excellent idea :)

dukarlo

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
most excellent idea :)
It wouldnt even matter if it were Trammel only. Trammies will so over farm them they will be worthless anyways. They need to be a 1 use per character or not in the game at all.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First off sence when do the Dev ever imput Exactly whats on Test??

I for one expect the drop rate to be much lower when it does finally come to go active on Origin.
I do agree with Tazar, in trammel, malas, Ish, and Termur only. This way they have to buy from the vendors at the same rate the power scrolls.

As for the murders getting to go blue anytime soon ............

My last red char that didnt get deleted or work off the minor counts, has in the neighborhood of 167 short 165 long counts.
I dont think it will be any time soon for him to go blue... even if hundreds of the passes flood Luna.

Lord Chaos

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The drop rate is fine and I am sad that you're spending all of this time on a non-issue while burying the real issues like map imbalances, etc.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not sure what 'map imbalances' you've found but I do agree that this is a non-issue, and I think I'll go completely overboard and agree with Flutter too.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor

PASmountaindew

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But then, since many reds also have blues and go to Trammel anyways, if pardons should counter powerscrolls this means that accounts having reds should be barred from doing treasure Maps. They would only be able to buy them off of others but not actually do them.

I mean their reds AND blue characters alike should not be able to do treasure Maps.

Only in this case it would really be a counter thing to powerscrolls in Felucca......
Just because you don't have a red does not mean you can not do champ spawns and harrowers does it? I have a red with a bit over 2000 long term counts and I have a couple of other reds that have like 7 or 8. I don't thinks accounts with reds should be barred from doing t-maps. I just think there needs to be an incentive to come to trammel.

S

Smug

I think you're arguing against this idea . . . but either way, this is the worst idea proposed today.
I think that was the point.
Which is why I said, "I think you're arguing against this idea." Here's your sign.
You're not making any sense. The original point was that it was a bad idea for only blues to be able to get the pardons since they could just get them and give it to their reds. The argument that accounts with reds shouldn't be able to do treasure hunts is sarcasm. So, obviously it's the worst idea proposed. Saying that it is the worst idea proposed is like saying "the sun shines".

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
I think that was the point.
Which is why I said, "I think you're arguing against this idea." Here's your sign.
You're not making any sense . . . Saying that it is the worst idea proposed is like saying "the sun shines".
So...the statement, "the sun shines," doesn't make any sense? Again, here's your sign.

Alezi

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I totally agree.

I wished PvP was more balanced out and fights' outcomes more opened up to any and all parties participating being able to win.

Unfortunately, this is currently NOT the case and some players win all or most fights and some players loose all or most fights.

This does create problems to both parties because, eventually, players become either bored for winning too easily or too often or frustrated for never or too rarely winning.

Having bored or frustrated players who may quit or rage-quit ain't good for the game, as I see it, as it looses subscriptions.

So, until PvP is changed in its combat rules and capable of ensuring to ALL participants a more open ended outcome, I do not think pardons would be a good idea, not at least if they are such a common drop.

I hope I am entitled, for the game I play and pay for, to my opinion.

Or am I not ??
What? You're now crying because the team/player that is better wins the fights? I know the perfect game for you, popps. Tetris is ALMOST perfect for you, but the block shapes are random, so you might have something whine about. The perfect game for you is Pong. It's simple and skill based AND in addition to that you don't have to play it 24/7 to advance.

Alezi

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lol so Publish 67

*Pardons only available in Trammel-ruleset facets.
*Neutral or "blue" character unable to complete Felucca champion spawns.

Power scrolls exclusive to reds, pardons exclusively to trammie blues. Yes please.