• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Spiney Lobsters ....the trial and the pain

A

Amathist

Yesterday PoC held an event where guild members accepted the Fishmongers Quest and raced to see who could complete it first - Fishing Quests

The event went well and held a few funny mishaps like Pirates lost at sea (clearly ironic for a pirate guild) and blunders searching for illusive fish and crustaceans. In the end it was moonflower who took out first prize, the full story of that is on the poc guild forums - Pirates of Cove > Home

But what I want to talk about now is spiney lobsters, have you seen these creatures from the deep? Have you cast out your lobster pots and watched them bob and bounce or be pulled under by the current as the case maybe, in search of these clawed beasties...

Well after the event yesterday not having had enough and a still hauling a boat load of fish. Maddison Froggy decided to continue on with the quest, and soon was given Spiney Lobsters with the destination of Floating Emporium from the Fishmonger at Jhelom Docks....simple enough a task you would think.

HOURS later and I am talking from late afternoon to sometime in the weee hours of the morning the following day this was the site to be held....

Poor Maddison was slowly going insane exposure to salt air and the endless taunting of every crustacean under the Oceania sun lining her deck and hull with a sad total of 9/10 Spiney Lobsters screaming at her from the fishmongers crate...she had been at it for hours and hours well over 6 by the time she was done...the only thing keeping her going was that she had come to far to turn back ..there just had to be one more Spiney lobster, the next pot would contain it for sure....

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually it might not be the best idea to use only one trap at a time. 10-12 seems to be fine for me. (Others prefer more but I like beeing able to carry all of my traps away and have some str left for the custodeans cought.

A

Amathist

Actually it might not be the best idea to use only one trap at a time. 10-12 seems to be fine for me. (Others prefer more but I like beeing able to carry all of my traps away and have some str left for the custodeans cought.
*smiles* I actually started out with 10, then another 20, I just happened to take that screen shot when one was left, it was just before going back and buying the last 10. So I actually went through 40 pots before getting the 10 spiney lobsters I needed.