• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Spellweaving Warrior

Creeping_Death

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi everyone
I have just returned to UO from a few years break and am very interterested in trying out spellweaving and would like to make a spellweaving/warrior template but not sure which skills to take part and what stats should be at these days. any help would be much appreciated

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The most difficult part will be: Spellweaving spells require quite a lot of mana. So, make sure your INT is not too low.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've tried a few spellweaving/warrior templates on TC, just to see if I could find a good one. I failed to find something that couldn't be done better in other ways.

But... here's what I've learned.
1. Mana regeneration is important. The template HAS to have meditation. Spirit speak and wraith form could also be good.

2. You can use healing skill to heal your allured pets. Chivalry is also a nice thing to have for healing/curing/remove cursing.

3. I couldn't get good use out of immolate weapon, but I didn't have a high focus.

Anyhow, just for something to try:
120 archery (or melee skill, but since your allured pet is your tank, you can keep your distance
100 tactics
100 anatomy
90 healing
100 weaving
80 chivalry (no PvM warrior should be without chivalry)
Leaving the rest of the points for meditation/focus or spirit speak/a little bit of necro.

I haven't tried the necromancy option, but with melee leeching mana in wraith form, mana shouldn't be an issue.

D

Duku

I use it in wraith form

Archery 120
Tactics 120
Anatomy 120
SW 100
ResSpell 100
SS 100
Chivalry 70 (with jewel)

I Use slow archery weapons: Yumi, Crossbow, Heavy Xbow. When i dont swing, i cast spells.

Im building my suit, but more or less im convinced to use

Ornament + 1/3 jewel to cast very fast, both for chivalry, and for SW.

I m trying with RBC, Primer, Totem, Bane, Infinity, Jackal (not sure, probably a lmc SI gorget its better)

I dont care about DCI, i go in wraith, and i dont care about MR, im an elf

I use weapon from heartwood kit, so i have a good DI: 40 from exc, 10 from quiver, 10 from Divine (always in use, to reach hci 45), 20 from primer = 80

Im enjoying it a lot ^^

EDIT: with SS and chivalry with fc 4, besides of SW i dont need healing