• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Spellweaving - Immolating Weapon question

Violence

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So at 120 SWeave, plus Arcane Empowerment plus a level 1 Arcane Focus I'm getting a Fireball effect that hits for 1 Damage for about 2-3 hits Vs. 70 Fire Resist.

I don't even have to form a question, you can guess it.
Devs, any feedback?

Violence

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know, it should be in the Casters forum.. but it really made me wonder. So out of 17 people reading this, nobody has actually used Immolating Weapon to notice this? .... :blushing:

Shamus Turlough

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I cast it sometimes on my pvp necro/mage/spellweaver. It fizzles mages and I usualy do 3-4 extra, slightly delayed damage.(Staff of Magi)

S

Sarphus

I never really messed with it, but all SW spells are pretty weak with a lvl 1 focus. Try it with a lvl 6 and see how it works out. If it's giving you 3-4 extra dmg through 70's resist, that's very powerful. Also, if the dmg is happening at a slightly different time than when your weapon applies dmg, that's going to interrupt mages pretty well.

Violence

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks a lot for replying, seems the spell is hardly worth it.
Did the Devs say Spellweaving is going to get more attention in the near future?

L

Lord Kynd

So at 120 SWeave, plus Arcane Empowerment plus a level 1 Arcane Focus I'm getting a Fireball effect that hits for 1 Damage for about 2-3 hits Vs. 70 Fire Resist.

I don't even have to form a question, you can guess it.
Devs, any feedback?

why even bother with a level 1 focus ?
it's worthless , as you can see :p

Violence

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You're right, Lvl 1 Focus is useless but what's the percentage by which ImmoWep damage will be increased anyway if it starts off with 1 Dmg? Not dramatic I believe. :(

Note that I'm not completely sure if Empowerment does anything to Immo. Forgot to try it without.. LOL.

Corpse Skin + Empowerment + Lvl 4-5 Focus.. I would use it if I were a Necro/Weave warrior with a very good Fireball weapon but then again most people run around with Corpseskin-proof armour.
Does Corpse Skin lower resistances even MORE with Empo to bypass those uber suits? In general I wonder what kind of effects Empo will have on Chiv, Ninja, Samurai and Necro(Thinks Omen + Empowerment).

Another question is this : Which is the best order by which to cast spells to fully benefit from the increases of Spellweave?
Empowerment -> Focus -> Empowerment -> Spell or doesn't the Focus itself become more potent if it is created under the effects of Empo? LOL

Oh well. If they ever do look into Weaving I hope they make most of those buff spells targettable so we can buff up friendlies! I'd love it if Essence of Wind etc were also like Wildfire, AOE in targetted area instead of like Wither.

S

Sarphus

You're right, Lvl 1 Focus is useless but what's the percentage by which ImmoWep damage will be increased anyway if it starts off with 1 Dmg? Not dramatic I believe. :(

I'm pretty sure you get 1 dmg per focus lvl, so you can do up to 6 per fireball. 6 extra dmg per hit is definitely substantial in pvp, but probably not as exciting in pvm.

D

Duku

In pvm is a lot more, no only 6 for my personal experience with my SWampire