• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Spelling out numbers

D

Desert Rose

I'm not sure if I am posting a new message, or commenting on a message already here, but I would like to ask a favor of anyone that reads this: Now that we have the new speedchat available, would someone post the best words to use for numbers, such as won, too, tree, maybe up to twenty, then by tens to one hundred? It would make it so much easier if we use the same words, and then we can answer questions that involve big numbers. Appreciate any suggestions...

james64468

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not sure if I am posting a new message, or commenting on a message already here, but I would like to ask a favor of anyone that reads this: Now that we have the new speedchat available, would someone post the best words to use for numbers, such as won, too, tree, maybe up to twenty, then by tens to one hundred? It would make it so much easier if we use the same words, and then we can answer questions that involve big numbers. Appreciate any suggestions...
I give this a try. For example my big toon has a jellybean bank that is ten thousand jellybeans: you would put tin zero zero zero zero. Does that help?

D

Desert Rose

Yes, I see where you are coming from, but I have seen so many different words used as numbers all around TT, that it becomes confusing! For example, if someone wants to say they need 36 merits, he or she would say what? :confused:

S

Squeaker

I am by no means an expert on this but those that know more than me aren't helping right now... Here's what I use for the basic numbers: won, too, tree, for, fie, sticks, sven, ate, fine (that's my hardest one - can be confused with five too easily), tin.

After that - hope you're a blue friend! Just kidding - you can use roman numerals up to 13. Then you get creative. For some reason you can say twenty and forty but none of the others. Hunter is hundred... That's all I can think of right now. I just woke up!

A friend and I had a great time running options the other day playing with chat plus. I was giving him my daughter's spelling words and he was making them into toon language. It was hilarious! Surprised we didn't get suspended for that one. He didn't know half of the definitions.. hehe

G

Granjell

For hundred I use "hon dread" - but for thousands I still use either "oh oh oh" or "zero zero zero." I've seen lots of people using "mine" for nine. Then there's "eel heaven" and "delve"

F

Fangs McWolf

I give this a try. For example my big toon has a jellybean bank that is ten thousand jellybeans: you would put tin zero zero zero zero. Does that help?
tin zero zero zero zero = 10 0 0 0 0 or 100000 or 100,000. :D

0 zero
1 won
2 too
3 tree
4 fore (some use for, I prefer fore to make the distinction)
5 hive or fie
6 sticks (some use ix which can cause confusion for IX or 9)
7 sven
8 ate
9 IX (Roman numeral) or mine
10 tin
11 II (double capital i's)
12 XII (Roman numeral)
13 "one tree" or third teen
14 fore teen
15 fifi teen
16 sticks teen
17 sven teen
18 ate teen
19 IX teen or "mine teen"
20 twin tee (haven't checked if "twenty" works, so I can't vouch for it yet)
21 twin tee won (or 'too won')
22 twin tee too (or 'too too')
etc
30 third tee
40 forty
50 fifi tee
60 sticks tee
100 won hon dread (or won oh oh)

If you see a few "numbers" being said in a row, then you have to put them together. won fore oh oh oh is 14,000 for example.

It's interesting that IX and XII will work but not X or XI. II is actually Roman numeral for 2, but looks like "11", so it's better to use it for that. "Too" for 2, "II" for 11. Easier than "II" for 2 and then trying to spell out eleven.

Yes, I see where you are coming from, but I have seen so many different words used as numbers all around TT, that it becomes confusing! For example, if someone wants to say they need 36 merits, he or she would say what? :confused:
36 is either "tree sticks" or "third tee sticks"

A

Animal_Control

Okay Toon & Toonettes...here's the deal.
If you say "Fifi Tee"...you're going to the POUND!
:gun: Geez...if you can't just type "50", you need a new puter OR get a brain refund from Wal-Mart!
:)

F

Fangs McWolf

Okay Toon & Toonettes...here's the deal.
If you say "Fifi Tee"...you're going to the POUND!
:gun: Geez...if you can't just type "50", you need a new puter OR get a brain refund from Wal-Mart!
:)
Chat plus doesn't allow you to say "50".

Also see that they filter out the word "teen" now.

A

Animal_Control

Are you really sure about that? Maybe your big wolfie paws are keeping you from pressing a 5...then a zero. lol

K

Kippy

Are you really sure about that? Maybe your big wolfie paws are keeping you from pressing a 5...then a zero. lol
speedchat plus filters it so your NON sf's can't see it.

u can't say ''adult'' but u can say ''adults''
u can't say ''teen'' but u can say ''teens''

Thanks for being faster then me on this one Wolfie :scholar:

This is what I use: won, too, tree, fore, hive, fix, sven, ate, fine, tin, heaven, XII, third teens, fore teens.....

A

ATIV7220

This is what I use: won, too, tree, fore, hive, fix, sven, ate, fine, tin, heaven, XII, third teens, fore teens.....
Oooo, that could be confusing. I thought and have used "heaven" for seven.

:D

A

ATIV7220

sven is better, it's just like "seven" but missing an e.
You are correct and I agree. I use "sven" now for seven. :)

But I don't think "heaven" is good for eleven. "El leavin" is better if you don't use "II."