• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Spell Weaving question

G

I looked and did not see an answer, sorry if it is already in a post.
But does evaluate int affect the damage of spellweave spells.
If not does anything or is it completely independent.

I

imported_Ill Saint

Eval Int only affects Magery spells. Your focus level is the only thing that affects SW damage output.

I

imported_Farsight

<blockquote><hr>

Eval Int only affects Magery spells. Your focus level is the only thing that affects SW damage output.

[/ QUOTE ]

Focus and SW skill.

G

I am no expert and hopefully someone will let me know if I am right or wrong.

But I think it is based on your spell weaving skill, and the number of spellweavers in the circle when u cast it.

So thus does thier spellweaving skill make an effect?

I

imported_Farsight

Higher level focus comes from casting arcane circle with more spellweavers who are within 20 points of skill as the caster (thus other weavers from 80-120 skill if the caster is GM, for example).

I encourage you to read the thread above called "The UOGuide to spellweaving." The UOGuide explains exactly how your skill level and focus affects your spellweaving damage and the duration of your spells.

The third factor which changes spellweaving damage is your spell damage increase items.

I

imported_Ill Saint

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Focus and SW skill.

[/ QUOTE ]
Are you sure skill affects damage output? I don't think I've come across that info, any source?

I

imported_Ill Saint

Magery affects SW damage?? That's a new one to me. I tried to find this in a FoF like you said, but I could not find anything of the sort... a link would be nice.

<blockquote><hr>

SDI from items "do not affect" Spellweaving damage output.

[/ QUOTE ]
It does. It's very noticeable on WoD, at least. Maybe this is why you were doing more WoD damage, did you guys have equal SDI?

Anyway, it would be nice to finally have some of this stuff cleared up. It's getting a bit confusing.

G

<blockquote><hr>

The guide/faq is outdated. Higher Spellweaving skill really just raises the duration of your spells. SDI from items "do not affect" Spellweaving damage output. The level of the "focus gem" from casting Arcane Circle will determine the increase of your spell damage. Obviously, No gem equals okay damage as to a strength 5 focus gem is just pure awesome. Another factor that was revealed is that Magery affects Spellweaving damage. Higher Magery equals more damage. This was explained on 5 for 5 just a couple weeks ago I believe. I did a bit of test on this with my friend who is also a legendary arcanist and we were hunting paragon greater dragons in Illshenar. He has 103 magery/120 weaving and i have 110 magery/120 weaving and my damage are signifcantly higher than his, especially with WOD. Mine was averaging 380's on a strength 2 focus gems (we both have str 2 focus gem) and he was doing 250's on WOD. It would be very interesting to see a str 5 focus gem on a 120/120 with WOD on them para greater drags.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bullsheet. SDI on your equipment absolutely has an effect on your damage, especially with WOD. I verified this myself on a production shard casting WOD on a DF. Equipping a Scrapper's resulted in exactly a 25% increase in WOD damage per cast over the unequipped status. This character is 120 magery and had a level 6 focus.

J

Juicy Fruity

<blockquote><hr>

Bullsheet. SDI on your equipment absolutely has an effect on your damage, especially with WOD. I verified this myself on a production shard casting WOD on a DF. Equipping a Scrapper's resulted in exactly a 25% increase in WOD damage per cast over the unequipped status. This character is 120 magery and had a level 6 focus.

[/ QUOTE ]

Care to post your results to us then Mr. Bullsheet? pix would be great.

I had 18 sdi to my friend's 15. As far as I know it didn't make any difference to me, of course I am not ruling the fact that I may be wrong as I haven't done enough extensive testing on it.

FoF that I was referring to is on the 01/18/08.

I

imported_Ill Saint

OK, so the bit from the FoF (http://www.uo.com/fof/fiveonfriday93.html) is

<blockquote><hr>

"Are Necro and Spellweaving affected by intelligence or inscription?"

Leurocian says,

"No, just magery."

[/ QUOTE ]
No idea what this means. Affected in what way?

SDI absolutely and clearly affects WoD (haven't really paid attention as to whether it has any effect on Wildfire, Essence of Wind and Thunderstorm).

X

Xizz

<blockquote><hr>

Leurocian says,

"No, just magery."

[/ QUOTE ]

It means that its only magery thats affected by intelligence and inscription

I

imported_Ill Saint

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Leurocian says,

"No, just magery."

[/ QUOTE ]

It means that its only magery thats affected by intelligence and inscription

[/ QUOTE ]
*Slaps forehead*

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I had 18 sdi to my friend's 15. As far as I know it didn't make any difference to me, of course I am not ruling the fact that I may be wrong as I haven't done enough extensive testing on it.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, no, I was a little busy helping kill the DF to be taking screen shots. The difference from 18 sdi to 15 sdi is minimal (I have no exact data for this SDI level, as none of my suits are that low in SDI). The char I was using had 23 SDI with kasa, pendant, and ring/brace combo. Add in the 25 for theScrapper's for a total of 48. I was NOT in reaper form so no benefit there. If I remember correctly, it was along the lines of 360 base damage, 450 with Scrapper's equipped. You can argue your interpretation/results all you want, but the FOF did nothing to substantiate your claim that SDI has no effect on damage. On the contrary, it doesn't mention it at all. Several people are telling you that WOD is definately affected by SDI in actual combat. Whether you choose to believe them is up to you.;)

J

Juicy Fruity

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, no, I was a little busy helping kill the DF to be taking screen shots. The difference from 18 sdi to 15 sdi is minimal (I have no exact data for this SDI level, as none of my suits are that low in SDI). The char I was using had 23 SDI with kasa, pendant, and ring/brace combo. Add in the 25 for theScrapper's for a total of 48. I was NOT in reaper form so no benefit there. If I remember correctly, it was along the lines of 360 base damage, 450 with Scrapper's equipped. You can argue your interpretation/results all you want, but the FOF did nothing to substantiate your claim that SDI has no effect on damage. On the contrary, it doesn't mention it at all. Several people are telling you that WOD is definately affected by SDI in actual combat. Whether you choose to believe them is up to you.;)

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously, why a couple of folks get so heated up about this? I find it amusing. I am just posting my tested results. Im a true bard with weaving and built for max LMC and MR.
You said several people when I only read "a couple posters that agree with you about SDI affecting spellweaving damage, not just WOD"...oh well, I'm not going to nitpick about wording I guess. Have you even tried testing on the other spells as well as the summons to make conclusive results?

The answer on FoF is vague and that is why I wanted to test it for myself.
Since you can't provide a believable data to substantiate your results then I guess we'll all just have to agree on what we experience.

*Peacemaking* [on a couple of posters].

Peace out

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously, why a couple of folks get so heated up about this? I find it amusing. I am just posting my tested results. Im a true bard with weaving and built for max LMC and MR.
You said several people when I only read "a couple posters that agree with you about SDI affecting spellweaving damage, not just WOD"...oh well, I'm not going to nitpick about wording I guess. Have you even tried testing on the other spells as well as the summons to make conclusive results?

Since you can't provide a believable data to substantiate your results then I guess we'll all just have to agree on what we experience.

Peace out

[/ QUOTE ]

No need to throw out the peacemaking, I'm hardly worked up. Your first post was a definitive "it has no effect" (paraphrased). My experience, as I've stated, was that at least for one spell it most definately does. You immediately come back with the "lets see pictures". You further comment on my "several people have told you" comment. Fact is, any more than two people can be considered "several".;) When I get a chance, and I'm back in Doom with my spellweaver, I'll make sure I get screenies JUST for you, as well as a few other spells with shots, so you can sleep at night lol. Better yet, since you were the one originally arguing it made no difference (in spite of having very little in SDI on your suit), why don't YOU go to TC, make the template, and then compare spells with a 25% Scrapper's and without. That way, you can prove to us our hypothesis that it DOES vs. your statement that it DOESN'T.:) Later.

J

Juicy Fruity

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Peace out

[/ QUOTE ]

No need to throw out the peacemaking, I'm hardly worked up. Your first post was a definitive "it has no effect" (paraphrased). My experience, as I've stated, was that at least for one spell it most definately does. You immediately come back with the "lets see pictures". You further comment on my "several people have told you" comment. Fact is, any more than two people can be considered "several".;) When I get a chance, and I'm back in Doom with my spellweaver, I'll make sure I get screenies JUST for you, as well as a few other spells with shots, so you can sleep at night lol. Better yet, since you were the one originally arguing it made no difference (in spite of having very little in SDI on your suit), why don't YOU go to TC, make the template, and then compare spells with a 25% Scrapper's and without. That way, you can prove to us our hypothesis that it DOES vs. your statement that it DOESN'T.:) Later.

[/ QUOTE ]

I stated that SDI "does not work" is an honest post based on my testing experience. Obviously you had to throw in the "Bullsheet" comment as a retaliation on my own experience. Makes a lot of sense.......

Instead of hashing out this fruitless arguments signifying that its "we" (you and who?) versus I on this ongoing drama, yes we would all like to see some picture results of your claim. I would really love to see it to be honest. Maybe for some of us who can't afford leet artifacts like your uber scrapper's OR aspire to become a Doom arti farmer like someone we know...then It might give us some sort of incentive to amass millions of gold in the game so that we can maybe improve on our WOD damage?? Personally I am not a hard core gamer and even though this game has turned out to be item based, I still enjoy playing for the skills and variety of tactics of the game....maybe that is why I am a pure bard. FYI, I sleep excellent every night. Thanks for your concern. It looks like I might have to use my slayer instrument to make sure "peacemaking" won't fail so much in this thread. lol

[edit] 9 months later: still waiting for those pictures.................[edit]
lol j/k

Sweet dreams hun.

G

LMAO juicy fruit. Your "honest" statement was based on limited testing with you and your friend both having similar SDI. Hardly the basis for a solid comparison. Hardly the basis for the declaration you made (and have since deleted). I am neither a "leet" gamer nor a "hardcore" gamer. A simple scrappers can be had for 150k if you shop. If you can't make THAT kind of coin in an hour or two I don't know what to tell you. Find another game. If you need gold, go farm Trogs for a while. Park a packie outside and just go kill them for gold. You should be able to make 100k or so an hour. In a couple hours...voila...you have a scrappers.
No hate. I got gold in the game 'cause I work at it. I tame/train/sell pets. I work dungeons. I buy/sell stuff. And yes, I DID farm Doom after the changes for a month and a half or so until I got bored silly.

The "we" comment came from multiple posters saying there was a difference (multiple is more than one). Understand that? Oh, and please forego the petulant child comments (one only need look at the little "9 months later comment"). Sheesh, my teenage children are better behaved. The slams on me for having something you claim you don't (Scrapper's) as well as the backhanded remarks on being a "Doom arti farmer" are duly noted. The most laughable comment was the "ongoing drama". Please. I'm not creating drama, simply stating fact. Of course because I having no screen shots apparently creates both drama and a lack of evidence for you. I have given you a clue on how to test it...I'll tell you again...go to TC and give it a whirl.
In TC, you can have a Scrappers at no cost.
Sorry you don't seem to understand these things.

I spent a lot of my LIMITED in-game time taking advantage of a change in game mechanics (Doom). You could do the same, but apparently choose not to. Was it fun? No. But it DID enable me to make some gold that I used to purchase scrolls, armor, and other items. Your inability to do the same is not my issue. Thanks. I'm done on this topic.

R

Razzputon

SDI must effect WoD. I was hittig for 500ish with scrappers only. I added midnight bracers, HAt of Magi and Crystal ring and I'm hitting for 700ish now. Nothing else has changed in my template or gear. I use a focus 4 every time.

What really weird about Weaving not being affected by Eval is when you cast Weaving spells it checks your Eval skill. I went from 105 eval to 115 eval while training Weaving.