• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Speedhackers are destroying the pvp scene

A

Asmodai

I just wanna say that speedhackers are truly killing off the last chance of survival that this game has.

For people on slightly bad connections, speedhack makes the lag twice as bad, making it nearly impossible to pvp properly.

Also, why the **** did the idiot dev's make UOKR run at double speed?

The pvp scene has become a pure joke. As an honest player, i refuse to use speedhack. Now i'm on a slightly crappy con, and i lag like hell around these people.

Why the hell can i play COD4 online with no lag whatsoever yet i cant even play a 10 year old game without lagging like crap?

It's beyond a joke.

D

Divster

I fully agree, I have used kr on occasion and its amusing to hear the sudden cries of haxxor! But I can understand why people may make this mistake as it is so frustrating to be surrounded by players that are clearly not using the kr client and yet pulling off the same kind of speeds. The main difference is when changing directions when it comes to the kr client as it has none of the lag associated with this move and moving around objects is just smooth as. I don't mind that they have made kr run quicker as it would level the playing field, but the fact that the rest of kr is so pvpunfriendly kinda makes it a pointless move as yet and just serves to highlight the terrible performance of the unenhanced 2d client.

F

Fox (Europa)

The dev team has no interest - or more likely, ability - to do anything about speedhacking, if they had it would have been sorted long ago.

You have had it forced upon you and you will simply have to speedhack yourself or quit. Either way the devs won't care.

Fox

N

Nestorius

This is probably a dumb question, but why can't they make it so everyone can 'speedhack'?

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I fully agree, I have used kr on occasion and its amusing to hear the sudden cries of haxxor! But I can understand why people may make this mistake as it is so frustrating to be surrounded by players that are clearly not using the kr client and yet pulling off the same kind of speeds. The main difference is when changing directions when it comes to the kr client as it has none of the lag associated with this move and moving around objects is just smooth as. I don't mind that they have made kr run quicker as it would level the playing field, but the fact that the rest of kr is so pvpunfriendly kinda makes it a pointless move as yet and just serves to highlight the terrible performance of the unenhanced 2d client.
I will say I used to get told I was speedhacking at times after setting the client priority up to High vs Normal. It made the game run a lot smoother....

D

Divster

pls explain to the computer illiterate (i.e. me :D ) what this means?

S

Shayne

What does what mean? The speedhack? Basically a Speedhack allows people to move at unnaturally high speeds. So if you are being chased by someone who's on foot, and you're on a mount, thats a speedhack. Just as an example.

Now if you're talking about what Nexus said about the high priority thingy, if you are running Windows 2000, XP, or Vista, right click the task bar at the bottom of your computer and click "Task Manager". Click the 2nd tab that says Processes, and locate the file "Client.EXE". After you do that, right click "Client.EXE" and go down to "Set Priority" then click "High". A menu will ask you if you want to do this, just click Yes.

U

UOKaiser

I will say I used to get told I was speedhacking at times after setting the client priority up to High vs Normal. It made the game run a lot smoother....
Indeed thinks to make it seem youre speedhacking compare to another player.
1)using kr client compared to 2d client
2) Setting the priority to high on your process menu
3) Having faster pc
4)Having faster connection
5)Not having other programs running at the same time
6)tweaking youre broadband connection
7)being on fastpath instead of interweave you can usually get this changed by calling your isp provider and hopefully reaching a smart tech
8)tweaking registry settings
9)tweaking service priority
10)Tweaking nic properties
11)defragmenting youre drive
12)optimize youre system
13) using a speed hack progarm that will do some of the things above but its not magical the program does the things i just mention also some things i didnt which has to do whith client side changes to youre program which usually are associated whith another program you can do youre self easily.You dont need a program to do these things it's just make it easy
Hence UO cant do anything about it unless they have someone standing behind you telling you not to do these things with youre own pc.