• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Spawning in Felluca: Despise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CatLord

Intro:

The next weeks will witness a War...

We'll try to defend Despise and make it safe for everyone...
(all blues welcomed)

The Goal...
- extend the Ilshenar/Tokuno Spawning rules to Felluca.
- defeat the raiding guilds.

This was tested and achieved on Drachenfelds.

Once this is done, we'll create a security network... so anyone call call us if they are spawning and get raided...

It is time to give Felluca to everyone... not just a selected few.

If you have any questions or suggestions please send me a PM.

Thank you.

Challenge #1:
12th March
Despise 10.15 pm EST...
Meet in New Haven, 9.30 pm EST for tactical debriefing.
Suggested Templates: Tamers, Archers and Necros (blue)

So you get in the mood...
http://classics.mit.edu/Tzu/artwar.html

Goal: Know our foes... done.

Challenge #2:
16th March
Despise 10.15 pm EST...
Meet in New Haven, 9.30 pm EST for tactical debriefing.

Goal: Go past the fire entrance and learn how to field.

Thank you.

C

CatLord

I got several icq messages asking which items are used in the current tactic...

- BagBalls, to create a maze so the Reds waste some time moving around.
(do remember to leave a path, otherwise you are breaking the game rules)

- Balls of Summoning, to pull your pets faster.

- Greater Conflag potions... but these are a bit tricky... since then you get flagged to everyone... and that usually means death.

To those that came and watched... the log in front of the Fire Entrance is confy... just bring some PopCorn... :D

C

CatLord

How did you find out that was what happened to the reds that fought us?

Was a perfect laid trap... with guards all around.

Still... we can improve... and instead of using a trap we might fight fair and square...

but again...

"The essence of War is deception."

Thank you for your support....

C

CatLord

Exactly the plan... and the reds fell for it.

I wonder if we can pull that one again... and block the entrance of fire.

The Gauntlet is now full and close to 15 players hunting there.
T2A, 2 spawns being done.
Melisand Trammel being done and so is the Travesty...

Catskills sure is alive...

Cya tomorrow for the Militia Event!

Nighty night dear.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
The Gauntlet is now full and close to 15 players hunting there.
T2A, 2 spawns being done.
Melisand Trammel being done and so is the Travesty...

Catskills sure is alive...
What are you talking about? Perhaps it's lost in translation. What does the guantlet, T2A and Lady Mel have to do with anything?

C

CatLord

Good morning.

The answer to your question is simple. Once all the players that are now busy with the Trammel content have mastered it and get bored, finally understanding that all of that is a daily loop only changed by the players with us... they will look into Felluca and a question will arise... "Why cant I spawn?"

Then they will understand that Felluca is controlled by a few guilds, sometimes only one guild... and that the pvpers do their best to kick everyone out of business... why? Because it is the fastest way to make a few millions... sots and powerscrolls. So in fact, our pvpers are merchants... some of them with well known selling websites and luna houses.

Anyone trying to fight those guilds, those Raiders/Merchants, will face hacks, scripts and speedfreaks... so a one on one is rather pointless... and a fair fight prolly pointless too.

So a Plan is needed...

Next step takes us to numbers... and fighting experience... and Blues willing to fight.

Plan A.
- The Stealth Necro Mage...
Plan B.
- The GD Tamer...
Plan C.
- The required Faction Player...

Basically... move in, secure an area for the tamers and when we're fighting, we let the faction player get the kill shot... putting our friends in stat loss. Will be a while but we'll get there...

We have also developed a plan to counter the several targeting scripts currently in use... characters with the same name, template and we did our best to do it so it improves the RP in the shard... they are Eilistraee Drow and they only speak elvish.

Name:
uss Baat'leb
= one circle.

Race/Features:
Female elf...
Skin... lower left pick. (dark/black)
Hair... 3rd lower left pick. (white)
Spiked.

Template:
Magery
Int Eval
Necro
S Speak
Hiding GM
Stealth 80
Meditation (remaining)

Dual Purpose:
RP/Events and Spawn/PVP.

You are welcomed to create one in any guild, remove the guild tag and enjoy RP and PVP.
(Udos orn naut an'yui whol ruzzo'iso lodias!)

More info:
http://www.eilistraee.com/chosen/intro.php

My special thanks to the many guilds and individuals that sent support messages, ideas and suggestions and a few hot challenges...

To the Raiders this is the message....

" We Will Rock You! "

C

CatLord

Plan for tonight:

09.00 PM EST... Tactical Debriefing.
10.15 PM EST... Fire Entrance.

BagBall Maze and fortify the dungeon entrance...
-bring Greater Conflag to reveal our red stealthing friends that did a great job removing the bagballs last week. Do remember that using it will make you flag on any grey, red walking over the conflag area... and sometimes the guards will "guardhack" you... overprotective, I guess...
Threat Level: 3/20

If we have enough members we'll try to secure the Mage Tower... with Stealth Necros and the BagBall Maze... forcing the Raiders to waste alot of time... then retreat into Despise (left... LEFT... Teleporter)
Threat Level: 9/20

Then X E-Fields at the drop-in, and a poison field in the middle... with 2 GD and a few Necros, plus the usual BagBall maze... preventing the teleports. Then retreat to the Island when outnumbered...
(A red with G Conflag is required so he can annihilate any blues removing the perimeter defenses...)
Threat Level: 9/20

Secundary Entrance: Despise...
E fields, BagBall Maze, a few Necros and Red to kill any rogue blue... (and put the raiders into stat loss)
Plus we need to learn who owns those houses and ask for acess... They will provide perfect sanctuary.
Retreat to the third level when/if possible... or come get a res.
Threat Level: 12/20

Island and Bridges:
Fielding is the key...
- on the East Bridge just watch what the Uss will do...
- on the West Bridge... para fields all but the last 4 further way lines... let the reds come in... E field them and sick the GD on them while spamming small spells...
(paralyze and Cross E field their pets when possible... then proceed to their destruction, then move to para ganking with our necros following the ghosts and making sure there is no ressing...)

Basic procedure should be:
Spawn fast so we get it to level three... field the bridges and finish some spawn so we get the baracoon up... and killed fast.

Protection Details will be given directly to those fighting so we maximize the # of scrolls and each player gets an extra sot per sot he collects from the event...

Last... DO NOT LEAVE USING THE STAR ROOM, or Terathan Keep or Destard...
Use the stealthers and let them do their job...

Please PM or post any questions, add any suggestions and ideas...

"Whatever comes out of these gates, we've got a better chance of survival if we work together. Do you understand? If we stay together we survive..."

Lets hope...

C

CatLord

Update #2:
- Cupid and a poem about the Mighty Guards while we're pvping...
(saves you one macro)

C

CatLord

Update #3:
- The same Reds we will fight on Catskills tonight... just got... hum... pardon my word, "owned"... guess that covers it... on Drachs.

Ta, Ta!

C

CatLord

How did you know my characters name?

I'm TigerShark...

Hum... Have you been on Drachs?

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Tip #1 If you attack me first you can't call guards on me LOL
Tip #2 If you can't kill a stealth archer 1v1 you really shouldn't flag on them.
Tip #3 If you can't kill a red stealth archer in guard zone 4v1 there are better things you can be doing with your time than pvp.
Tip #4 If you not only can't kill the red stealth archer in guard zone 4v1 but also allow 3 of the 4 to die to that same one stealther, it may be time to find a new leader to follow.

Thus ends todays lesson.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Tip #1 If you attack me first you can't call guards on me LOL
Tip #2 If you can't kill a stealth archer 1v1 you really shouldn't flag on them.
Tip #3 If you can't kill a red stealth archer in guard zone 4v1 there are better things you can be doing with your time than pvp.
Tip #4 If you not only can't kill the red stealth archer in guard zone 4v1 but also allow 3 of the 4 to die to that same one stealther, it may be time to find a new leader to follow.

Thus ends todays lesson.
*smiles*

S

Shioni

How did you find out that was what happened to the reds that fought us?

Was a perfect laid trap... with guards all around.

Still... we can improve... and instead of using a trap we might fight fair and square...

but again...

"The essence of War is deception."

Thank you for your support....
Your exactly right deception is the essence of War, my advice is be ready for false alarms for it is very lucky that said "raiding guilds" will soon figure it out and use your own power against you.

The one thing I have learned about fel is that green is a terrible weapon and no mater how many people you encounter there will always be the "have not" crowd looking to assult any and every opportunity to improve their own social and economic status

this being said, everyone play nice because fortune favors the bold.

FYI there will no longer be a any "guard zones" in fel after pub 58 if i read the notes correctly
And Test Center dosnt have any and its currently running pub 58.. is great fun too! :p

R

RichDC

FYI there will no longer be a any "guard zones" in fel after pub 58 if i read the notes correctly
And Test Center dosnt have any and its currently running pub 58.. is great fun too! :p
You read it wrong...

The guards remain exactly as they are currently on prodo shards in fel...That being none in the 8 faction towns (brit, moonglow, yew(except for gate), skara brae, minoc, trinsic, vesper and magincia) all other towns remain under guard.

C

CatLord

Final Count:
- Reds killed... 10
- Blues Killed... 9

And I do agree... experienced leaders are most welcomed.

I'm glad you made it out there to fight us Flutter... was fun to see so many reds, specially those that panicked under attack and soon died... then called for backup.

We also had a GM checking the Tactics and it seems all was Legit.

About guard zone... that entire are IS guard Zone... and it is fun to create the Bagball Maze and kill the raiding guilds... very relaxing too... plus some of the newcomers need to learn how to crossheal and call targets, we do it without automatic "aid"...

Cya on the next challenge.

C

CatLord

Only two died to you... you can use the fingers to count...

Thus ends todays lesson. :D

C

CatLord

Challenge #3:
22th March
Despise 10.15 pm EST...
Meet in New Haven, 9.00 pm EST for tactical debriefing.

Goal: Go past the fire entrance and learn how to field...
(yup, we havent moved an inch so far...)

Thank you.

ProZac

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I keep forgetting about these. I'll get Requiem rallied for the next one and spice it up a little for you.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Final Count:
- Reds killed... 10
- Blues Killed... 9

And I do agree... experienced leaders are most welcomed.

I'm glad you made it out there to fight us Flutter... was fun to see so many reds, specially those that panicked under attack and soon died... then called for backup.

We also had a GM checking the Tactics and it seems all was Legit.

About guard zone... that entire are IS guard Zone... and it is fun to create the Bagball Maze and kill the raiding guilds... very relaxing too... plus some of the newcomers need to learn how to crossheal and call targets, we do it without automatic "aid"...

Cya on the next challenge.
Not sure You're playing on the same shard as I am because I hardly saw anyone show up much less 10 reds.
Also when I was there there was only a total of 4 blues so your memory of last night is a little twisted.
4 people. My guildmates can attest to that. We didn't even bother to stick around to fight 4 blues. They flagged on me, I killed them, we left.
/of big event.

There were quite a few of those "raiders" (as you call them) doing the spawns (both despise and terra keep) so I guess your total event can be chalked up to "Fail"?

only two died to you...
Yet another untrue statement made by Pitr. While a few of my guildmates were present no one flagged on any of your blues because they were in guard zone. I fought all four reds, killed three, and the last one hid.
I am not sure who you think I am on the field but your memory of the activities are totally wrong.

Also if a red dies to guards (no matter what guild he is in on this shard) I am sure it's due to sheer boredom. Pretty sure all the reds on the shard know if they attack in GZ there's a likely chance they are going to get GW. You're not as cleaver as you think you are.

C

CatLord

I fought all four reds, killed three, and the last one hid.
I am not sure who you think I am on the field but your memory of the activities are totally wrong.

We are the BLUES! You killed Valis and one Uss... duh!...

My memory hum... ?

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Umm typo.
I killed 3 people of four. Most normal people understood what I was saying.

Norrar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Uhm I think this thing:

Final Count:
- Reds killed... 10
- Blues Killed... 9

Means that, we four died 9 times total.
And we killed the reds totaling 10.

Not that there was 9 blues individualy killed or 10 different reds killed.

Just my thought.

C

CatLord

Most normal people understood what I was saying.
What can I say... I'm special.

That is correct Norrar, even if some reds were there fighting other reds, prolly different Factions.

About the number of reds showing...
11 Members of one Faction inside Despise.
2 Members of another, then 4 more of the same... they called for backup.

I could not figure a better spot to explain to our new pvpers how to cross heal, pick targets and enjoy a quiet evening of irrational violence.

Hum, Norrar... you felt that anyone was leading?

Cya next Sunday...

C

CatLord

I would like to thank the unexpected support of several guilds given yesterday during the "Event"...

Please PM me for further information and any new ideas are most welcomed!

D

DFWpatsy

Lol I have to respond to this garbage. lol First of all, in no way are yall making any progress what so ever, yall havent even made it into the dungeon yet to kill any spawn. When we die from guards its because we are bored. And the bag balls? lol we pick all of them up right in front of yall and yall dont do anything (except once yall attacked our archer and she killed all of you) so you might as well give up on the whole bag ball thing(we got a stack of about 500 bag balls in our guild house to remind us of what we are up against lol) and if my guild happens to not be on when yall are, there are 2 other guilds that are not going to let yall spawn ( unless its done at 4 in morning at some spawn in t2a, never will you do despise)

Here some advice... Go back to tram.
Im sorry, let me say it in a way yall can understand it- hail good sir! Thou goeth backeth to trameth

R

RichDC

Take that as a compliment, usually when feluccians speak like that they are worried you will succeed.

Persistance, dedication and perseverence and you will prevail.

Although i would give up on the bagballs, fields are much more effective as they dont block your own movement.

C

CatLord

Next sunday...
- we'll stop using bagballs.
- we'll do our best to block the fire entrance.

Your hand has five fingers... we were five... your archer killed two... two is different from five...

More and more are joining... tired of being raided by:
- scripting, client hacking, speeders...

Just look at the last posted picture on the DB4 boards... but that isnt new.

Sooner or later you will bite the dust... till then I have the honor of meeting new people and learning more and more about catskills.

Cya on the field.

M

Mikeee

You can tell who Patsy's char are in game because they hop about 2 screens at a time. If you are fighting them just make quick turns and he will find himself about 10 tiles away from you before he realizes you turned. Haha gotta love how their tactics cant work against someone who knows them.

Just watch out because they can usually run infront of you blocking you from running.

C

CatLord

When trapped their speed is worthless... they panic... then they die.
Some ran over the bagballs... which was "unexpected"...
And some use the Physical Resist Exploit to make us flag...

Our goal is to understand how much cheating is going on and who are the real threats...
If when fighting us with nothing to gain but some pvp we have players cheating... imagine when it comes to raiding a champ spawn or an harrower...

This is something the Devs never addressed... since they wont do anything... I will.

D

DFWpatsy

ive never heard of a "Physical Resist Exploit" please send link

Norrar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I would just like to say one more thing before leaving this thread.

I was able to solo Despise yesterday so....

My dexxer thanks those who say we will not be able to do despise. He really enjoyed the 120 parry.

Have a nice night everyone.

C

CatLord

Despise done...

Cya tomorrow.

(there are some advantages of living in GMT)

R

RichDC

and people wounder why the guard zones are being removed or think its a typo lol...
Guard zones are gone in 8 towns of felluca, Serponts hold (fire entrance) is not one of them,

They are, Britain, Moonglow, Minoc, Skara Brae, Yew, Vesper, Trinsic and Magincia.

C

CatLord

Due to the current event we'll might delay this to Monday...
I have most of your icqs... I'll bug you.
Thank you for your support.

PS: If you dont have my icq... 169-320-850. Warning, I send alot of mass messages.

C

CatLord

Why do you post your strategy on a public board?
The defense... the fielding... I hope it helps the newcomers to understand what they should be doing...

Also posting so each Catskills player understands that he/she can change the future of our Shard... a unit of seven can create alot of chaos and kill most pvpers (done and tested)...

Plus it makes the pvping kids mad... (always a bonus)

- The entrance of fire is the key to spawning... any guild that wants to go in... to RAID... that is the fastest path... by blocking it and teaching some humility we expect to learn some pvp... and have some fun... that is the spot where we will find Reds... since that is the first place to scout if you are looking for a fight... or get killed.

And you know me... Would I post the entire tactic here? You and many others got the plan for Sunday (if we dont have an event)...

Last... being the point man allows me to understand and verify the current game hacks, cheats and exploits... protecting my members and avoiding them a few deaths.

And to be honest there isnt much left for me to do... so this sounded like a nice personal challenge...

:scholar:

R

RichDC

By the way you do realise there are another 3ways into despise???

Plus if your not careful and watch your rear you WILL get flanked in a pincer movement!

They can come through Deciet and drop direct into despise, main entrance and drop into despise.

Or they can come in through T2A and enter behind you in fire dungeon!

They also could drop into fire from i think deciet.

R

RichDC

And yet only 2ways in :p

Just tryin to let you know not to get tunnel vision keep checking your flanks.

C

CatLord

Yup... I hope we can use the bagballs and the fields to cover the drop in from Fire and the passage to the Ogre Lords...

Still a LONG way from getting there...

S

Shioni

Publish 58 went live!

Gents this is a turning point that will change the face of UO pvp forever

Im off to scout Despise for "trolls"

Status
Not open for further replies.