• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Spawning in Felluca: Despise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CatLord

Thank you all that came and made this first Clash enjoyable.

If you want to help... help.
If you want to fight... fight.

To our Foes... Thank you very much for the lesson in PVP.
You are alot better than we are...

Cya in the new Challenge...

C

CatLord

Challenge #2

Monday 16th March.
9:30... Tactical Debriefing, New Haven Warriors Hall.
10:15... Despise Felluca.

C

CatLord

Lessons from last night:
- 2 tamer and 2 necros can kill anyone...
- do not use any physical reflect %, it will be exploited and you will flag...
- guards are your friends and npcs calling guards too...
- Bagballs are a good tool and will expose some scripters...

Outcome:
- We learnt which guilds fight fair and square...
- We learn which guilds CHEAT like there is no tomorrow...
- We killed and died... but we had one hour of Fun.

Things to do:
- we are facing 6-7 foes... this means we need 12-14 GD and necros.

HELP! :D

R

RichDC

6-7 foes...you need 6-7 decent fielders to keep them at bay and GD's to push them back...

Sometimes(not always) victory can be taken without killing anyone.

M

Mikeee

What you need is factioners to put these people in stat. Non faction people can't possibly compare to the faction arties.

I also have some other choice words that you can read the locked thread that people should know.

C

Corvak

Can we ignore the locked thread please?

He's mentioned a date and time. If there's a problem, go axe him in the face in despise.

I think it's a good idea that just might breathe some life into fel.

Fatbobby1

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lessons from last night:
- 2 tamer and 2 necros can kill anyone...
- do not use any physical reflect %, it will be exploited and you will flag...
- guards are your friends and npcs calling guards too...
- Bagballs are a good tool and will expose some scripters...

Outcome:
- We learnt which guilds fight fair and square...
- We learn which guilds CHEAT like there is no tomorrow...
- We killed and died... but we had one hour of Fun.

Things to do:
- we are facing 6-7 foes... this means we need 12-14 GD and necros.

HELP! :D
I had fun.

2 tamers and 2 necros should be able to kill another person. It would be embarassing if you couldn't win 4v1. But if you're talking about calling just guards, you should state "anyone with GM Camping, Herding and Fishing can kill anyone"

Please elaborate on fighting fair and square vs cheating like there is no tomorrow.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With all due respect Corvak,
What you and others don't seem to comprehend is virtually every player of conscience that have existed on this shard for years are speaking out for a reason.

This many voices all saying the same thing should set off alarm bells!

Why do we have so many locked threads...when one person alone is involved with everyone of them?

These people are willing to put their Stratics accounts at risk because they feel strongly about something. This isn't some petty fight, that is what some people and maybe some mods/admins need to understand.

These are community leaders and long time members speaking out out of a sense of urgency to protect other players! People who have never had a mark on their account in the past are receiving them now because they refuse to be silent any longer!

They care about people on this Shard, they have lived through past events with striking similarities.

But past events aren't the issue. Each and everyone of them are concerned about future events and future players that WILL be used and manipulated and harmed!

I can't say it any more plainly....do as you wish, but don't criticize long time community members for speaking out because their moral compass forces them to!

refusing to be silenced at any cost..

TimberWolf

C

CatLord

Please elaborate on fighting fair and square vs cheating like there is no tomorrow.
Cheating...
- running over the bagballs.
- exploiting the fact that some players use physical resist pieces.
(report sent to the Devs.)

Now imagine, this was done while fighting in guardzone, not a spawn or a harrower... imagine how it escalates when there is profit involved.

Then you will get a picture of the true reality in pvp.

Anyhow, I hope to see you Monday... either defending, raiding or watching.

It was enjoyable and constructive.

Thank you for the Fun.

C

CatLord

What you need is factioners to put these people in stat. Non faction people can't possibly compare to the faction arties.
Yes, I think we can... basic tactics, numbers and strong will...

"The difference between perseverance and obstinacy... is that one comes from a strong will, and the other from a strong won't."
~Henry Ward Beecher

C

CatLord

6-7 foes...you need 6-7 decent fielders to keep them at bay and GD's to push them back...
Understood...

Yesterday, we had three crew members and a new friend.
The wise option was to stay outside Fire and fight...
Our foes had between 3 to 8, multiply that for two guilds... and they fight eachother...

Plan:
Cut their way into Fire... using a bagball maze.
Kill them fast using two GD and two necro mages.
It didnt work due to the physical resist armor I was wearing...
We got wasted...
2 minutes and Ressed up...
Then it worked and we got the first two kills.
Then they sent their own stealther, and bagballs were removed.
And the battle raged...

I guess last night was RECON...

Maybe when we have more fielders we can go past the fire entrance! :D

Will take us a while to get back to this... but we'll get there...

If anyone sees Malagar, Nitram, Selwyn and Joffrey... please let them know PVP is back... Thank you.

ProZac

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Smarter for an inexperienced zerg to stay out of factions. Putting them in stat will end them very very fast. Without being faction they can simply rez and get back to all kill-ing.

C

CatLord

Yup... but a zerg is no fun...

If this works each individual player will:
- know the basics to defend himself,
- avoid making simple mistakes related to insurance,
- be able to ID exploits,
- enjoy Felluca and PVP without the threat of losing everything... just dying.

Which reminds me... if any of our foes loses any items please post it here or send me a PM so they are returned.

Once again, thank you for the fun and i hope we have many clashes.

Fatbobby1

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Smarter for an inexperienced zerg to stay out of factions. Putting them in stat will end them very very fast. Without being faction they can simply rez and get back to all kill-ing.
Agreed. You should focus on getting more participation and staying alive before jumping into factions.

R

RichDC

Definatly stay out of factions, people going to stat will quickly make them lose there enjoyment and leave never to return.

When i said fielding i dont mean using bag balls i mean using para fields and energy fields to either prevent, slow down or trap your enemy.

Its hard to master (believe me were still trying :)) but extremely effective!

Nice idea though btw hope it works.

C

CatLord

Thank you.

Let me know if you need backup on your Shard... I'm always eager to learn.

R

RichDC

Lol always!!!

We lose alot more than we win ill put it that way, but were heading in the right direction...FEL! (not tram as im sure the PvP guilds want!)

C

CatLord

We also got that message yesterday...

"Go back to Tram!!!"
It made me smile...

GRI will be 11 years old on the 15th of MARCH...

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
What you and others don't seem to comprehend is virtually every player of conscience that have existed on this shard for years are speaking out for a reason.

Why do we have so many locked threads...when one person alone is involved with everyone of them?

These people are willing to put their Stratics accounts at risk because they feel strongly about something. This isn't some petty fight, that is what some people and maybe some mods/admins need to understand.

These are community leaders and long time members speaking out out of a sense of urgency to protect other players! People who have never had a mark on their account in the past are receiving them now because they refuse to be silent any longer!

They care about people on this Shard, they have lived through past events with striking similarities.

But past events aren't the issue. Each and everyone of them are concerned about future events and future players that WILL be used and manipulated and harmed!

I can't say it any more plainly....do as you wish, but don't criticize long time community members for speaking out because their moral compass forces them to!

TimberWolf
:bowdown:

D

DPudding

TimberWolf
Ayep.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What's the problem? What's the threat you feel the need to constantly warn everyone about? Because I don't see one. What's so sinister about inviting people to PvP in fel?

I really want to understand this. So tell me, rhetoric aside, what's the problem? Give me a straight answer please.

And I don't want to hear about alliances with zerg guilds and GRI, or what happened in the past, because it's irrelevant at this point.

C

Corvak

I have no idea about past events, or the history of any alliances on the shard. I was referring only that people spawning in fel might liven up the place.

I do not know anything about the history of this forum, it's users, or it's moderating team. Or the history of catskills, except what is written here. I have only been on the server for several months. I'm an old character from Atlantic that started fresh on Catskills two months ago.

So no, I do not comprehend what it is you're speaking out against, and do not criticize them for doing so. and for that, I apologize, because I think there's a misunderstanding due to my own lack of information and no knowledge of the history here.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry, I was asking TW, Flutter and Del. The 3 who seem to be under the opinion that something sinister is lurking about.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Sorry, I was asking TW, Flutter and Del. The 3 who seem to be under the opinion that something sinister is lurking about.
So it's ok for you in another thread to warn about Drakiris (however you spell it) due to your own personal experiences with him but we cannot do the same? Double standard?

C

Corvak

What is Black Sun doing that's wrong? I think that's all he's asking.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So it's ok for you in another thread to warn about Drakiris (however you spell it) due to your own personal experiences with him but we cannot do the same? Double standard?
Warning someone about a potential hacker and complaining about someone creating a zerg guild are 2 different things.

C

CatLord

... someone creating a zerg guild are 2 different things.
Sorry to intrude... but... I dont GM any guilds nor am I recruiting.

I'm fighting the RAIDERS... and that is it.
All blues are invited to join the War.

I'm doing something that is very enjoyable... making the shard go Black and White... those that Raid, those that dont...

I'm having fun and so are the reds that show to fight us...
In the future we'll be strong enough to take the battle a few inches into the Fire Dungeon entrance... till then we fight outnumbered and outgeared...

... but we will fight until we can all spawn quietly...

(Yes, the powerscroll market will plummet... but heck, I'm not a merchant...)

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Warning someone about a potential hacker and complaining about someone creating a zerg guild are 2 different things.
I give up. If you really think any of this is about someone creating a zerg guild there's no hope.

C

Corvak

There really is no hope if you don't tell anyone what the problem is.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
wrong or right, there's no need to troll threads because you have issues with the OP.

THAT'S what I have the problem with, and there seems to be a lot of it going on lately.

D

DPudding

As a courtesy to Sun and Anne....I promised I would drop out of this.

But consider....I'm 118 months. Flutter and TW are at least my age or older. I haven't been active in PvP since before Pub 16. I have never been in a guild of more than two people. I gave away an account that had 756 million gold on it. Before that....I gave away millions to players. I've always been there to help out anyone that needed it. The reason I've been successful? I would never harm the experience of an honest player to further my own agenda. Hell...Flutter and I are not what I would call friends. TW is an infrequent hunting partner. We didn't get together in secret and decide to ruin this dude.

People need to know that the pretense of all of this is personal gain. No matter what passive-aggressive nonsense is thrown around this board! You will be a meat shield. You will use the same cheats as the villains you replace. You will become what you set out to destroy. That's why he's went after the young in the past. Like a cult leader....he knows that the inexperienced are less likely to question things. Then....when they're fully acclimated....a game of deceit and avarice is all they know. It's terrible that I gave the martyr exactly what he wanted with this post....another cross to bear.

Anyway...sorry for breaking my promise. Sun...you and I don't know each other....but I consider Anne to be a friend. I'll take my efforts ingame.

M

Marcus Blackwell

Ugh this thread seems to be going the way of the other a total troll fest by some. Tell you what people if you dont like it dont take part or heck even become raiders but for the sanity of all can we keep the flame wars off the boards.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For those that wonder why TW has all of a sudden become silent...what I had to say was between Black Sun and I.

He can do what he wants with it...but I left it there!

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
No one is trolling or even attacking anyone. We are having a discussion, the whole purpose of forums.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ugh this thread seems to be going the way of the other a total troll fest by some. Tell you what people if you dont like it dont take part or heck even become raiders but for the sanity of all can we keep the flame wars off the boards.
It is, so I'm locking this thread. If the OP want's to start another one fine. But from this point on, trolling, accusations and personal attacks are zero tolerance.

Take your issues in game or to another forum, because all this mud slinging and fighting is doing more damage to the community than anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.