Spawn Guilds: Who rocks?

• Thread starter Ransom_of_BiC
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
  • Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
R

Ransom_of_BiC

You know I was going to have to ask, after such a long time away, and with a plethora of new toons.

Which guilds control the spawns? Which guilds *seem* to have the exploiters/hackers/cheaters? Which guilds get the job done while playing it hardcore, yet playing a clean game?

All the guilds I knew back in the day seem to be gone.

Although 'best' is subjective, I just want to know who runs the show around here.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 13, 2008
THE GREAT STATE OF WISCONSIN
You know I was going to have to ask, after such a long time away, and with a plethora of new toons.

Which guilds control the spawns? Which guilds *seem* to have the exploiters/hackers/cheaters? Which guilds get the job done while playing it hardcore, yet playing a clean game?

All the guilds I knew back in the day seem to be gone.

Although 'best' is subjective, I just want to know who runs the show around here.

There is no more PvP on this shard. Whenever I log in the only people on are G$S and they hide in guard zone even when they outnumber you.

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Dec 17, 2006
Chesapeake
vboards.stratics.com
Guilds that do spawns off the top of my head (not all of them raid)

Oath
FY
TKO
RBG
DWxC
FoA
Colt

Again thats just off the top of my head.

C

Clair The Mystic

Oath
FY
TKO
RBG
DWxC
FoA
Colt

*Feels like a guild was left out....but maybe that is a good thing.*

V

Vortimer

The chessy you knew when BiC was around last is long gone.... Like Lynk said pretty much its all gate fighting stealth archer guilds lol.

That doesn't mean you guys should be bummed..... if you start spawning you will bring back the pvp guilds that have left chessy for other shards.

Please do so.

R

Ransom_of_BiC

I had a great relationship with SHE in the past. Great guys and gals in that crew.

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Aug 30, 2009
The chessy you knew when BiC was around last is long gone.... Like Lynk said pretty much its all gate fighting stealth archer guilds lol.

That doesn't mean you guys should be bummed..... if you start spawning you will bring back the pvp guilds that have left chessy for other shards.

Please do so.
FoA will still raid...Kinda...

But fighting on GL + ATL is just so much better =\

R

Ransom_of_BiC

Doh!

I mean SHE doesn't spawn

Ummm don't look for them

hehehe
Yeah, I don't remember them doing it much in teh past either. It seems they were, however, extremely involved in community events.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 13, 2008
FoA will still raid...Kinda...

But fighting on GL + ATL is just so much better =\
Pretty much this.. GL is very active right now so I have been playing there mostly. I know most everyone in UHOH/RUOH still has characters on Chessy so if there was a fight worth having I'm sure most would log on.

H

HyperActif

I liked what I saw from FY this weekend. We still have a ways to go to be able to complete a spawn uncontested, let alone when rolled by an experienced PvP team. I was just thrilled to see some activity and FY seemed to bring what was needed to clean up.

Will keep my eyes open for the others as we get back into the swing of things.

L

longshanks

We saw you in despise last nite on the handicap ramp coming in. Not our finest hour last nite. Oath was running deep and completed the spawn. For whatever reason our guys weren't on the same page. Happens.

Rest assured though we check spawns and we will raid despite who has the numbers in their favor. Glad you are here, and hope you stick around.

Some recently dominant guilds have left the shard for greener pastures which is there perogative. We don't worry about who is not here. So if you believe that the hard core guys have left the shard and went to GL and Atl its a break for you, as you can get familiarized with the game again and get up to speed.

Good to have you back. Outside of fel, Chessy still has one hell of a good community.

R

Ransom_of_BiC

We have a buncha incomplete (not maxed out) and undergeared toons, and many of our peeps are new to the game and absolutely new to this style of pvp/spawn type activity.

We have a long, long way to go, but we'll be there, giving it our all, and learning along the way.

I'll tell you what caught my eye during last nights butt-kicking-- there wasn't a single crappy word to be said to us. Not one single bit of crap talk, not any taunting, not any hateful words...nothing. Just each playing their game, with the victor coming out on top, and then licking wounds and returning back for more.

Is this how it normally is, or did I just get lucky last night? To be able to have a nice relationship with people here AND have fun spawning/raiding/pvp'ing without all the hatefulness is just full of win.

Don't get me wrong- I can do me some flame wars. I love 'em...but I tend to make my boys keep their traps shut when pvp'ing. If they want to flame, they gotta take that crap to the BiC forums...

L

longshanks

Our guild leader despises trash talk. Cant tell you how many times he has told members to knock it off. He's laid back so cal cool so that's how he rolls.

I don't see much of it out of Oath either for what its worth.

Also, please note if stuff drops during a fight we will return it. I mean gear or weaponry, not pots, aids or that glad collar that popped in ur pack which you didn't insure, :p.

R

Ransom_of_BiC

LOL, Awesome.

We've handed back a few things in the past, ourselves. I'm sure you'll be making more than your fair share off our insurance money, considering how rusty we are...

Again, I was pleased as punch with getting owned and not having to read a bunch of crap. Like I said, I don't mind a little light hearted flame war on guild boards or whatever (in our opinion-- that's what they are for!) but I do not, and have not ever allowed my boys to run their mouths, regardless of who wins the match.

V

Vortimer

Fel seems to be pretty tame nowadays compared to the old days when !C! was around.(mikeys champs)

I miss some of the epic wars on Eds forum.

C

Clair The Mystic

LOL, Awesome.

We've handed back a few things in the past, ourselves. I'm sure you'll be making more than your fair share off our insurance money, considering how rusty we are...

Again, I was pleased as punch with getting owned and not having to read a bunch of crap. Like I said, I don't mind a little light hearted flame war on guild boards or whatever (in our opinion-- that's what they are for!) but I do not, and have not ever allowed my boys to run their mouths, regardless of who wins the match.
But then I don't get to read the trash talk in Global Chat. That is one of my favorite things. Please reconsider your policy and start talking smack in global chat for my entertainment!

M

Mr Moosestache

Yeah, Vort. I miss those days too. I miss solo raiding or Mikey and I attempting to kill everyone before others showed up. I also miss when you were "yellow people", though I liked you fighting with me more.

Although, we did stir things up pretty well not to long ago ourselves. That was until everyone just laid down and died. Then it just became a boring shard again.

R

Ransom_of_BiC

Fel seems to be pretty tame nowadays compared to the old days when !C! was around.(mikeys champs)

I miss some of the epic wars on Eds forum.
My god the flame wars between BiC and Champs. I love me a good flame war.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 11, 2004
Chesapeake

Oath
FY
TKO
RBG
DWxC
FoA
Colt

Hehe I've never seen RBG or DWxC spawn not saying they don't but just have never seen them hehe ... I saw TKO out there once, they tried to raid us with blues I believe :). The last time I checked, FY seemed to be the most active on Ches.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 13, 2008
Hehe I've never seen RBG or DWxC spawn not saying they don't but just have never seen them hehe ... I saw TKO out there once, they tried to raid us with blues I believe :). The last time I checked, FY seemed to be the most active on Ches.
FY may be the most active, and simultaneously the most pathetic. I killed 2 super drag tamers and an archer at the yew gate tonight with my necro archer.

T

Turles

there is still spawn fighting on chessy wow. maybe ill get lox an a few others to log back in an start fighting again.

Lord Gareth

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Dec 17, 2006
Chesapeake
vboards.stratics.com
Does this mean I have been demoted from smart pig to clever pig?

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 11, 2004
Chesapeake
lol talk about a blast from the past Gareth ... that was Silver Spikes' old house, man, makes me miss old times :). He ended up going to WoW :/.

A

Arynia

I can't believe you all still play this game. And I can't believe RBG is a spawning guild now! What is this world coming to!!

Lucy

Lord Gareth

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Dec 17, 2006
Chesapeake
vboards.stratics.com
Who let Lucy in? Man I thought we had the Anti Lucy fence up around Chesapeake!!!!

As for the picture, I was digging around for some old Aryslan photos in the stratics archive and came across it. Then I saw your post and just knew I had to post it.

:lol:

R

Ransom_of_BiC

Someone mentioned they can't believe we still play this game.

After being here only a week, all I have to say is, "I can't believe some people still play WoW."

S

SaViGnAnO

Someone mentioned they can't believe we still play this game.

After being here only a week, all I have to say is, "I can't believe some people still play WoW."
I have to agree here, I had never played this before, yet I feel like it's my long lost home. WoW? pfft. I am looking forward to some old school fighting, so don't hold back, I expect to be ****d :gee:

L

longshanks

FY may be the most active, and simultaneously the most pathetic. I killed 2 super drag tamers and an archer at the yew gate tonight with my necro archer.
It breaks our heart lynk that we aren't as great as you are. We'll probably throw our swords and spell books in the trash and start a nomadic herding guild up in the ilshenar mountains....

Boo Hoo.... :(

R

Ransom_of_BiC

Not to break up an entertaining flame flest, but-- Yew Gate Fighting is still around? Cuz...wow...

A

Arynia

Don't get me wrong, UO is an amazing game, but once the player population went low and guilds like RBG are being able to spawn, my time came to leave. I met lots of wonderful people in UO and even started a UO theme based guild in WoW

The play style, the format, the incredible freedom to do whatever you can imagine in UO is horribly missed.

Oh and Gareth, God told me that he still hates you :)

Luuuuucyyyyyy (the way mikey used to say it :D)

TheDeacon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Aug 23, 2007
there is still spawn fighting on chessy wow. maybe ill get lox an a few others to log back in an start fighting again.
lol whats the point? If we start loggin in then FoA will start Loggin in then chessy will just be us and FoA again.....Come ON BROLI....face it....UhOh and FoA needed each other to survive.....if either one comes back FY and GS will drop factions and sit in the gz on blues again till we get bored and log onto other shards again.

T

Turles

i hope bic gets up an spawning soon give us a reason to play again good luck if you guys need anything feel free to ask

Lord Gareth

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Dec 17, 2006
Chesapeake
vboards.stratics.com
i hope bic gets up an spawning soon give us a reason to play again good luck if you guys need anything feel free to ask
*Barrows a BiC tag*

Gareth [BiC]

Lets see I need

4 AOF
10 Ornaments
25million gold
Large tower with a plaster house built on the roof
and a dead FoA in a pear tree

H

HyperActif

LOL@Gareth

We have high expectations for ourselves, but work and irl are a total time sink right now. We have a few hours each night, but we're getting organized. I need to find some dueling partners to get back up to speed with situational pvp.

Not yet a spawn guild, but we'll be in the mix before you know it. Stock up on those 20s now :p

R

Ransom_of_BiC

*Barrows a BiC tag*

Gareth [BiC]

Lets see I need

4 AOF
10 Ornaments
25million gold
Large tower with a plaster house built on the roof
and a dead FoA in a pear tree

LOL. Right now I'd make due with ONE ornament and Rattigas' House.

L

longshanks

lol whats the point? If we start loggin in then FoA will start Loggin in then chessy will just be us and FoA again.....Come ON BROLI....face it....UhOh and FoA needed each other to survive.....if either one comes back FY and GS will drop factions and sit in the gz on blues again till we get bored and log onto other shards again.
FY is not in factions, but even with you gone GS still plays blues and sits in GZ. So some things never change.