• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

SP speak up and be heard...hopefully...

G

argue with prodoshard people about taming, what an awesome idea xD

its more promising to try to convince ea to give everyone gm status and not have to pay the monthly fee.

G

Yeah. That thread kind of got out of hand. It should be put down, to end the misery.

However, the point stands that petballs and ninja forms, combined with stealth tamers do make an unbalanced template in pvp. Actually, there was little disagreement about this in that thread.

So, Lets fix petballs and the fact that ninja forms don't take follower slots.

I

imported_Goron

I vote stealth nerf. A visible tamer is a dead tamer:)

G

Ya, I'd go for that too. No stealthing if you are using any follower slots.

That'd also nerf stealthing in animal form, which is ok with me.

G

Would that not also hurt mages in PvM a ton?
Stealth Magery does not seem to me as an overpowering template and this could hurt it alot.

G

Well, it may be overkill, but I always had a problem with the ability to stealth at running speed in animal form.

I'd not be sad with elimination of stealthing in forms.

N

Nico-SP

Shak in all do respect-people must speak up to be heard, it happens thru history time and time again.

G

hehe aye, very true. i still stick to my opinion thoo, uo hall is definitely the wrong place for it. you talk to tamers that train like we do below 70, but they train like that up to 120. it takes them months taming a few hours per day to train it to 120. then in pvp, their pets are confronted with way way better equipped players making the pet much weaker than on siege. and now you try to explain them how overpowered pets are and how easy it is to be a tamer and this and that and anyways. it would be much more effective making a thread on the siegeboards and not have 500 people post in it but only 100, but 100 that agree that tamers are overpowered and not 450 of 500 people saying how underpowered and horrible tamers are compared to other templates.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

It should be an easy fix,

IF tamer = invis
(
pet stop attack
)

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

IF tamer = invis
(
pet stop attack
)

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. Problem isn't stealth, problem isn't entirely pets. Problem is that:
1. Pets follow you while you are stealthed.
2. Pets attack while you are stealthed.
3. When you do damage while stealthed, from ANY other method (purple potions, bleed, strangle, poison) you are automatically revealed. When you do damage while stealthed from your pet, you are not.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

IF tamer = invis
(
pet stop attack
)

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. Problem isn't stealth, problem isn't entirely pets. Problem is that:
1. Pets follow you while you are stealthed.
2. Pets attack while you are stealthed.
3. When you do damage while stealthed, from ANY other method (purple potions, bleed, strangle, poison) you are automatically revealed. When you do damage while stealthed from your pet, you are not.

[/ QUOTE ]

even better:

IF tamer = invis
(
pet wonders where the hell you got off to
)

N

Nerf-Herder

I disagree that ninja forms should take a follower slot. Unlike normal mounts and ethies, you are spending skill points to be able to use it.

The problem isn't ninjitsu + taming, the problem is ninjitsu + PET BALL + taming.

Put a small timer on pet balls so they can't be spammed, and make it so they canNOT be used in animal form at all.

Maybe make the pet balls work like mounting an ethereal. Long casting time that can be interrupted, and it can't be used in animal form.

The "Pet stopping attack while the tamer isn't visible" idea seems good, but given how broken the flagging system is regarding pets it could also be used as a grief tactic.

I can hear people on prodo shards complaing about others invising them while they were farming, screwing up the pet's targeting. They already complain about bards voking on the Dark Father.

I just don't think it will work.

N

Nerf-Herder

Another thing. Auto-stable upon log out should send your pet(s) to the REAL stables. They should only return to the damn player if they are !@#$in dead.

G

Small point of interest:

While taming these dragons on prodo shard I was able, when peace broke through 'you anger the beast', to run, on foot, away from it and get sufficient distance between me and the dragon to remount my ethy to beginning peacing attempts again.