• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Soulstones & skill gain?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yesterday my husband stoned some skills from a char, deleted it and made a new one, then transferred the skills to the new char. (Easier for us than name & gender change tokens)

Trying to continue the char's training he found he was getting stat gains, but no skill gains. Since the two are supposed to go together I was wondering why.

I have a vague recollection of reading of a problem with gaining in skills recently retrieved from a stone. Can someone confirm/refute this and/or refresh my memory please?

Doomsday Dragon

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There was a skill gain issue but I cannot remember if soulstones were involved or not. I know I have done what you have and moved skills from one char to a new one without issues gaining after moving the skill.

T

Tazar

Yesterday my husband stoned some skills from a char, deleted it and made a new one, then transferred the skills to the new char. (Easier for us than name & gender change tokens)

Trying to continue the char's training he found he was getting stat gains, but no skill gains. Since the two are supposed to go together I was wondering why.

I have a vague recollection of reading of a problem with gaining in skills recently retrieved from a stone. Can someone confirm/refute this and/or refresh my memory please?
I have not really seen anything on it, but from personal experience, I think that there is a problem... However, once I log out and back in, the gains start - eventually - lol.

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had a similiar wierdness this week. I transferred a full set of skills to another character via soulstones. Most skills were 95-100 (was training to 110). When I was training the the skills on the original character, the stat gains were slow and took quite a while to max out as the skills slowly built. But after I transferred the skills over to the new character, and started training again - the stats were flying. I would often get up to 8 stat gains before a single skill would gain. It took me maybe an hr to max my stats. The skills were all pretty high, so they were slow to gain.

I have never seen this happen before.