• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Soulstone questions.

G

Hello, I'm rather new to the game. Well, new considering I haven't really played since any of the expansions came out. Anyhow I have a few questions if someone wouldn't mind answering please.

1. What are the different types of soulstones? I've seen red and green. Are there others and what do the different types do?

2. I've read on the forums that skills will increase faster if you are below the 350 skill area. So if I get soulstones and drop my skill total to around 200 will a skill that is 86, such as taming, increase faster?

3. Can I use the Ultima Online Legacy Token's that can be bought on UO Game Codes give me soulstones that I can use to do this with?

4. Will my account actually have to be so many months/years old to use these soulstones if I can get them through UO Game Codes? Reason for this question is I bought a red soulstone off a player vendor and it will not let me use it until my account is 10 months older.

I can't think of any more questions regarding this at the moment. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

G

1. Colour does not matter, they just represent different releases. Fragments can only be used 5 times (a charge is used when skill is reaborbed), full stones can be used once per day any number of times. Note that soulstones (full or fragment) are only usable by the account that cashed in the token.

2. i believe your total only matters for the speed of the almost-daily guaranteed gain, but have never tested it.

3. yes, pricey but you can do it. They are also available as a veteran reward.

4. no, there is no age limit, but only tokens are useful - even if you were a year old, you still couldn't use another person's vet reward soulstone.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you bought a full sized red Soulstone it's not gonna let you use it even when your account reaches one year.

The red Soulstone is account bound to the account which claimed it. Red Soulstones are never in token form. They are created straight to Soulstones when you choose this veteran reward.

Only the green and blue soulstones may be purchased from another player but they must still be in token form. They are instantly bound to the account which redeems the token. They are functionally useless for any other account.

G

Okay, so do you know of a site that offers all the vet rewards I can get if I purchase a legacy token off uo game codes? I know that green soulstones are available.. at least I'm fairly sure. Are these reusable? If so, how many times?

I

imported_Phaen Grey

Legacy tokens only offer the green soulstone, the hooded robe of umbra and a charger of the fallen. I don't remember there being an age requirement for any of the soulstones.

S

Sabbath

<blockquote><hr>

I know that green soulstones are available.. at least I'm fairly sure. Are these reusable? If so, how many times?

[/ QUOTE ]
As Maplestone pointed out: "full stones can be used one per day any number of times"

G

So a green soulstone is a full soulstone or a fragment? Either way it will get the job done, just trying to figure out exactly what a green soulstone is compared to a red and a normal blue one.

G

<blockquote><hr>

So a green soulstone is a full soulstone or a fragment? Either way it will get the job done, just trying to figure out exactly what a green soulstone is compared to a red and a normal blue one.

[/ QUOTE ]

They are all the same in funtion between red, blue, and green only that there color is diffrent. They all have a 24 hour recharge timer between uses. You get red ones from vet rewards and the others from preordering the expansions. you can now buy the old green ones from the game time store. but if you see any in game only by them if they are in token form.

G

Red stones are the only ones age-bound as well as account-bound. Because it's available at 1 year or higher (if you don't use all 1 year choices!!).

You are correct in that the other stones are only account and not age-bound.

G

Please look in the SOULSTONE thread that is right here ... and the EA page Fayled Dhreams points you to.

A full soulstone is just that ... a good-sized colored block that glows when a skill is in it. A fragment looks like a broken stone, tho it glows too. Frags run out of charges and cannot be recharged. Full stones can be used once in 24 hours for skill transfers.

As to color - it makes no difference at all. Operationally identical. The colors only denote when the full stone was acquired (UO release). Really that's all!