• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Soulstone bug

Odin of Europa

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've been trying to use a soulstone on my necro mage weaver and I keep getting the following message
"You may not use a soulstone while your character is under the effects of a Scroll of Alacrity."

I've only used one alacrity scroll on this character, a 15 minute spellweaving scroll, which I used to 120 the skill months ago.

I've used this character for many hours since finishing spellweaving, been in doom and many peerless, I've been in game with this character more then 15 minutes, but its still acting like the alacrity scroll is active.

I used an alacrity scroll on another character, long after my mage and I can use soulstones on that one.

Has anyone else had this problem, and does anyone know how to fix it?

Silly Seadog

Sage
It's My Birthday
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Arrrr, mayhaps ye weren't yeself when the scroll wore off (incognito, polymorph, spellweavin' fun), and so it dinna recognize as wearin' off yer character? How can ye fix it, me dunno!

Bomb Bloke

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It might be a different problem with the wrong error being reported. Have you checked all the other possible issues with Soul Stones?

That is, if you're trying to retrieve more then 100 skill points, have you used the correct powerscroll? Do you have the correct skills set to raise/lower?

Odin of Europa

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Silly Seadog, I don't think I was using any of those kinds of spells at the time, but its so long ago I can't be sure .. the only spell I can think of I may have been using was lich form for the mana regen while casting WoD, but I was using the alacrity for my GGS, logging in casting WoD, gain and log out. I wasn't in for the full 15 minutes casting for gains, so mana wouldn't have been a problem.

Bomb Bloke, I'm trying to get 100 resist off my char so I can put 100 inscription on from another stone. I haven't used a PS for resist and the skill is pointing down. I also have no buffs on the character, except Night Sight, and I've taken my ring with 9 necro off, so theres no skill alterations on the character, they're all real skill .. just incase.

Thanks for the ideas guys, appreciate it.

D

D'Amavir

Silly Seadog, I don't think I was using any of those kinds of spells at the time, but its so long ago I can't be sure .. the only spell I can think of I may have been using was lich form for the mana regen while casting WoD, but I was using the alacrity for my GGS, logging in casting WoD, gain and log out. I wasn't in for the full 15 minutes casting for gains, so mana wouldn't have been a problem.

Bomb Bloke, I'm trying to get 100 resist off my char so I can put 100 inscription on from another stone. I haven't used a PS for resist and the skill is pointing down. I also have no buffs on the character, except Night Sight, and I've taken my ring with 9 necro off, so theres no skill alterations on the character, they're all real skill .. just incase.

Thanks for the ideas guys, appreciate it.
In the vein of the previous poster, are you currently on any of the New Haven skill quests? I believe that those keep you from being able to use soulstones as well but they should give you a different message if that was the case.

Odin of Europa

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
In the vein of the previous poster, are you currently on any of the New Haven skill quests? I believe that those keep you from being able to use soulstones as well but they should give you a different message if that was the case.
Nope, I have no quests in my quest log :sad4:

Thanks for the idea though :)

C

Connor_Graham

If you were in a form at the time you may have to get yourself killed to "reset" the character.

Odin of Europa

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you were in a form at the time you may have to get yourself killed to "reset" the character.
I did think of that, but as my characters died so many times in doom and peerless since using the scroll I didn't try it.

But, I thought I'd give it ago, so I went and banked my stuff and found a reaper who quickly killed me, got ressed and went and to try again .. it still wont let me use the stone, giving the same message as before :sad3:

C

Connor_Graham

You may have to page a GM then and see if he/she can do something to fix the character.

A

Arnie QuickPalm

mybe try using another throw away scroll of Alacrity stay in game untill it wears off ?

Odin of Europa

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
mybe try using another throw away scroll of Alacrity stay in game untill it wears off ?
I tried this too, it wont work, I get the message
"You are already under the effect of an accelerated skillgain scroll."

*sigh* :sad4:

I also tried paging a GM as suggested by Connor, no joy, I've been number 11 in the queue for hours now :(

Silly Seadog

Sage
It's My Birthday
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Arrrrr, methinks ye must've gotten hold of a "super" alacrity scroll! But obviously such a thing could be a curse as well as a blessin'!! Ye could try deletin' yer character's folder from the UO folder (makin' sure to move yer macro file to a safe place first, then puttin' it back later).

Odin of Europa

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Finally got this fixed today! :) :danceb:

Paged for help and GM Rikaun fixed it in less then a minute, he then asked if there was anything else he could help with, so I mentioned some bugged quest items I have in another characters bag that I can't use or remove. He told me to log that character in and within a few seconds they were gone.

Thanks Rikaun :bowdown: :thumbup:

And thanks to all who posted with suggestions :thumbsup: