• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Soul Seeker

Rikimaru_Vegeta

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This lovely weapon is amazing in pvm... I am curious as to what everyone uses there Soul Seeker on? :D

M

Malkes

I'm fond of using it for Cyclopeans/Titans out near Valor.
Using it with EoO, an Ice slayer talisman, and consecrate weapon makes for very dead Arctic Ogre Lords as well.

Heck, because of the leeches (I'm a Sampire)and SSI, I tend to use my Soul Seeker on pretty much anything that doesn't do so much damage that I can't go toe to toe with it.

My general rule is: If an enemy can't dump more then 50-60 hp of damage on me at once, I'll usually use the Soul Seeker. For anything higher than that I'll use a slower, but higher leeching Ornate Axe.

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It will be your friend for a long time.
Just be careful not to use it on Undead because they do more damage to YOU since it's a repond slayer.

M

Malkes

Oh yeah, forgot to mention the opposing slayer bit.

Repond Slayer + Undead enemies = bad, hehe.

C

Connor_Graham

I use it for repond hunting and for Irk. Aside from that I've got several Sampire SL/ML/SSI/DI weapons that I'd much rather use than Soul Seeker due to higher SL & ML plus the DI.

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh, I agree Connor. I replaced my Soul Seeker when I lucked out and got a great Twinkling Scimitar.

But for beginners, the Soul Seeker is very good. Once you get better, and once you start obsessing over your Stamina, Mana, HLD, and hit spells, and all the other crack, then you'll want something better. But it will cost you plenty of shiny shillings.

M

Malkes

Of course there are far better weapons out there available, but you could do a lot worse for a good all around weapon than the Soul Seeker, hehe.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For those of us who are limited on gold (I keep buying things for my mages), Soul seeker is a great all around weapon that's good for anything that isn't undead.

I've used mine for everything in the twisted weald (Dread Horn, Irk, etc), Paroxysmus, Travesty as well as doing Baracoon spawns after the slimes are taken care of.

Now I have a great ornate axe which takes care of all of those needs except for Paroxy (still use SS).

R

RichDC

I've used mine for everything in the twisted weald (Dread Horn, Irk, etc), Paroxysmus, Travesty as well as doing Baracoon spawns after the slimes are taken care of.

except for Paroxy (still use SS).
What is a good weapon for paroxy??

Can it be done with a sampire solo??

Ive just(well almost) finished my samp build (oh btw should i drop tactics for healing? atm im melee tactics bush parry anat necro chiv) and i wana so paroxy.

Rikimaru_Vegeta

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It will be your friend for a long time.
Just be careful not to use it on Undead because they do more damage to YOU since it's a repond slayer.
I saw a guy in moonglow fighting the invasion yesterday with a Soul Seeker and he was taking on a Shadow Knight by him self and wasnt getting damaged... Now they are undead and how come he wasnt getting hurt? Another question is what happens if you wear a undead talisman with your soul seeker, it acts like a undead slayer right but you also take double damage back because of the repond slayer?

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What is a good weapon for paroxy??

Can it be done with a sampire solo??

Ive just(well almost) finished my samp build (oh btw should i drop tactics for healing? atm im melee tactics bush parry anat necro chiv) and i wana so paroxy.
Paroxy is soloable, and is weak to fire and cold damage (hence the soul seeker, I also have 95% DI from brace/ring/gloves/talisman). He's also very strong against physical damage, so a purely physical weapon is out unless it has very good mana leech.

What you have to remember is that one of his special attacks does somewhere around 100 damage to an all 70's suit, so you need more hit points than that. Once you have the right items and template, he's really not that hard to kill.

R

RichDC

Would i be ok with a battle axe 30%ssi 45di 65ML 9HCI and 40ish HLD?

Or a 20% ssi broadsword with 80ML 40ish HLD and 45DI??

Or would a slower weap Battle axe with 80ish ML 80ish SL 70ish LL (i think HLD im not sure) and 40DI?

I can concecrate them they both seem to leech enough mana most of the time...or would you recommend just sticking with soulseeker?
(i only have 62di without weapon...tali/gloves and ring)

C

Connor_Graham

IMO all 3 of those weapons would not work well. SL is pretty much a must have, and the one you have that has it has no SSI, so it would be too slow to be effective.

R

RichDC

IMO all 3 of those weapons would not work well. SL is pretty much a must have, and the one you have that has it has no SSI, so it would be too slow to be effective.
Can i not just use Refresh pots??

I use them all the time in PvP have got quite proficient in them

R

RichDC

Can i not just use Refresh pots??

I use them all the time in PvP have got quite proficient in them

Edit: NM just realised that the axes are 2handed so no pots...and im guessing divine fury would not be a good idea.

E

eolsunder

Soul seeker and illshenar titans/cyclops.. great for loot, plus the chance to get those chests off paragon titans. sooo much fun to take down paragon titans single handed.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For Dread horn, I'd agree that those weapons are no good (except SS, that's good against DH), but they're acceptable vs. Paroxysmus. The reason being that Paroxy is so slow moving that it's no problem to take two steps back, disarm, drink a potion and get back to the fight. It will be a lot slower than the usual method, but it's doable.

R

RichDC

Ok so i need a faster weap with mana and stamina leech...hit lower attack or defence as well right?

First i gta learn to do the keys for dread...paroxy keys easy...if not arduous!

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I saw a guy in moonglow fighting the invasion yesterday with a Soul Seeker and he was taking on a Shadow Knight by him self and wasnt getting damaged... Now they are undead and how come he wasnt getting hurt? Another question is what happens if you wear a undead talisman with your soul seeker, it acts like a undead slayer right but you also take double damage back because of the repond slayer?
I'm not sure what a shadow Knight is. I haven't seen one yet.
If he was an Undead, and you have Soul Seeker, then you get 50% more damage onto yourself. Maybe the guy had high parry?

I believe you're correct about undead tali and repond weap at same time.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok so i need a faster weap with mana and stamina leech...hit lower attack or defence as well right?

First i gta learn to do the keys for dread...paroxy keys easy...if not arduous!
I don't really use a soul seeker in following the thread, since I have other weapons that are just as good if not better.

The main thing really like Farsight already mentioned is the nice 100% cold-based damage.

As far as weapon question, stamina leech and mana leech you need. If I had to choose...I would pick hit lower attack if I could only get my hands on one or the other.

Hit lower attack = not getting hit as much. I rather do that then lower someones defense if they are still hitting me.

All 4 is nice to have on a weapon...just not common.