• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[SotA Stratics] Video Glimpse – SotA Environment

SotA Stratics

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Video Glimpse – SotA Environment
By Kirthag DiOrsae

One of the first things I look for in any game is the level of immersion I might be able to enjoy. For this I look at environments, NPC interaction and of course, housing. As a long time Ultima Online player, I’ve begged and screamed for a more immersive environment to be built for Sosaria. Yes, the isometric layout is very comfortable, and I can play on my older computers and laptop, but I really want to escape when I game. As the technology has progressed, alas, UO has not. I’ve lamented this shortcoming enough and as a gamer, I admit I have been spending more time in other worlds that give me the immersion I seek. However, it is rather hard to move my main persona into another world – for the “feel” just isn’t right.
Being a fan of Richard Garriot, and knowing it is his brain-child that I’ve been so dedicated to since 1997, I jumped to support his return to MMO development. And I am not sorry! Already, I am yearning for the open hills around Owl’s Head, the gentle breezes rustling the leaves of the trees! Yes, I’ve found an environment I most definitely can move myself into.
Without further ado, here is a highlight from my venture into the new realm of the Avatar. If you want to see more, visit my Twitch channel.

Read the full story . . .