• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fishing] Sos/mib questions

Seelendolch

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Hello everyone, just a quick question, i read here
http://www.uoguide.com/Message_in_a_Bottle
That you can go to the co ords to fish up an sos at 65 fishing, but then I wanted more info and went here http://uo.stratics.com/thb/info/fishing.shtml
but that page says i need 100 fishing to go do the sos. Can someone tell me which is right? my fishing is about 93 atm, so idk if i can go get some chests with the bottles i have collected, or do i have to get to 100 fishing?

Please and thankyou :)

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
65 to fish them up is correct on both. The Stratics page says that you must be 100 to actually start getting a MIB. I also seem to remember that you can find them on sea serpents at 75 and fish up the chest at 75. I know things have changed but it has been so long since I have worked it. I think I will start up a new one and test it.

Seelendolch

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
65 to fish them up is correct on both. The Stratics page says that you must be 100 to actually start getting a MIB. I also seem to remember that you can find them on sea serpents at 75 and fish up the chest at 75. I know things have changed but it has been so long since I have worked it. I think I will start up a new one and test it.
From uoguide: '
Travelling to the location the message specifies gives you the chance to attempt to fish a chest up from the ocean floor, though at least 65.0 skill points in Fishing are required for a chance of succeeding.'
It actually says 65 on the uo guide to fish up the chest too, hence the confusion, lol, but if 75 is correct, then I should be fine :) many thanks!

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I started a new fisher and at 76.9 in deep water was when I fished out my first MIB/SOS

EDIT: I was able to fish up the chest at 77.3 but it took like 10 minutes. I would occasionally pull up some things recovered from a shipwreck but the majority of casts came up empty handed. I would say that I was correct about 75 to fish up the MIB and 75 to fish up the chest.

Last edited:

Seelendolch

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I started a new fisher and at 76.9 in deep water was when I fished out my first MIB/SOS

EDIT: I was able to fish up the chest at 77.3 but it took like 10 minutes. I would occasionally pull up some things recovered from a shipwreck but the majority of casts came up empty handed. I would say that I was correct about 75 to fish up the MIB and 75 to fish up the chest.
Thanks!
also, do you pull less stuff out of the water when fishing up the chest the higher the level you are? at 93 i pulled up a heap of stuff (across 8 chests) picked up about 3-4 things each time, then at about 95 fishing, I only pulled up 1 or 2 things total (not each chest, across 6 chests pulled up) or is that just weird rng?

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
It comes and goes, part of the RNG. Sometimes the stuff doesn't seem to stop and other times you don't pull anything but the chest.

Ellie

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
At the lower level you have to be at the exact cords, say 45.25s 50.33w. Just keep at it.