• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Sorry its a Sampire Question

K

Kayne

I know the basic templates of Necro/Paladin or Necro/Samurai

My question is what is the down side to either.

I have the ability to do:

Necro 120
Spirit Speak 115
Resist 115
Bush 115
Chiv 100
Parry 120
Swords 120
Tactics/Anatomy 100

So either of the two variations are no problem but I don't know where the downsides are. Also is the Soul Seeker a viable weapon on these templates?

Also this is almost entirely going to be a PvM char. IF I PvP with it then its likely to be only a very rare champ spawn

Gorbs

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The only reasons to use Spirit Speak is if you're going to use wraith form and/or cast curse weapon frequently. The downsides here are karma loss (less effective chiv, although I don't know the formulas now), need for regents, and possible interruption of casting.

The downsides to not using bushido are no honor, no perfection, lack of confidence, lack of feint, lack of momentum strike, and lack of lightning strike. I haven't purposely used LS in months though.

Soul Seeker is not viable for all encounters, but is a viable weapon choice. I use soul seeker when I'm farming essences against the mini-spawns weak against cold. You'll want a wide array of weapons to choose from.

K

Kayne

Thanks Gorbs. Only reason I even thought about Spirit Speak was that I already have 115 that I could use. It seems though that it isn't much use for a samp. Might just keep it for a necro/mage or something.

Bushido seems to be a given on this type of char for the confidence and lightening strike as well as the advantages that go with busido and parry together.

I guess I need to research the weapon choices to go with this too.