• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Sophia

A

affliction33

This message is to ANNENOMALLY to let you you know you have a vendor in which scammed me big in luna..... 5mil big.....now to everybody else thata may not be alot of gold..but i am new. my account is going on 2months old and dont much apprecitate being scammed in a game.let alone real life. upset. i bought orni of magi not knowing that i wouldnt be able to wear it. now stuck with junk! to all who may care! please help with a reasonable exlpaination:gun:

C

Corvak

If that's the case, then your beef is with EA, for not being clear in their labelling on the item tooltip. (I think faction items should show up in red for non-faction players)

Maybe if you calm down and ask nice, you can sell it back to her. Anne is usually a nice person :)

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
IDK what happened to my post?

Anyhow that's probably not even Anne's vendor, she rents (gives them out for free) to a lot of various people. Usually they are on the honor system about what they sell, but sometimes even the best make mistakes.
Of course someone selling an Orny for 5m must have known it was a faction item since the real ones sell for 3X that much. (unless it's cursed) And same could be said for someone buying an Orny for that much... even if that person is "new".
Either way don't throw stones at Anne just because it's her house.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
IDK what happened to my post?
Might be something up with the boards. My screen looks a little buggy. (No backgrounds and images are only loading about 50% of the time)

to the OP, new or not if you're going to invest that much gold into anything, you should really do research into your purchases before you make them.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anne is one of the most helpful and generous people on Catskills. It seems that in your haste to buy an item at a seemingly low price you did not take the time to see if you could use it or not.

Perhaps instead of coming here accusing a person of being a scammer you should have come asking for help reaching the seller or at the very least offered it for sale to another.

You will find ou get a lot further with a kind word then with an acid tongue. Good luck to you in the future, and welcome to Catskills.

D

DPudding

Well....if it's a faction item...it says it's a faction item. You knew enough to know the Ornament is handy....maybe the research should also have included exactly what a faction item is? It does have a person's name on it afterall!

Anyway....it sounds to me like two people had no idea they were buying and selling something that was account bound and unusable. I'd try being nice, first. But honestly...if the vendor wants to keep the money....not much you can do.

AnneNomilly

Sage
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Affliction, I'm sorry you feel you were taken advantage of. Yes, I own a Luna Vendor house but, as Flutter says, I don't run a vendor. Well, actually, I THINK I may have a plant vendor if it hasn't quit on me (thus the reason I don't do vendors). All of the vendors at the house are friends, former friends or friends of friends. Over the past few years that I've run the house, we've never had a problem that I know of. It is completely based on the honor system and I tend to trust the people I let put vendors up.

That being said, I really would like to get to the bottom of this and see if I can help you. I don't understand how you can't use the orny unless it's a faction item? If you mouse over the orny, it should say someone's name on it and show that it's a faction item if that's the case. I'd like you to contact me to see if we can't figure this out and work this out.

If you would PM me here and let me know a time when you are around (give me a little notice), I'd be happy to meet you at the house and try to resolve this for you.

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
5 mil gold in 2 months?
*wishes he had time to work up gold that fast*