• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Soooo, how much gold did you burn all for nothing in Magincia ?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wasted 5 millions gold and got nothing.

How much gold was burned all for nothing in Magincia ?

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I spent a pretty penny. But not for nothing. For a chance of getting a house. 1 mil. Don't be so fussy just because you didn't win.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I spent a pretty penny. But not for nothing. For a chance of getting a house. 1 mil. Don't be so fussy just because you didn't win.

Not at all.

Just wondering how much gold players put into a hope thing with no results.
I can afford losing 5 millions and did not want to overspend running after a mirage. So, I watched myself. I focused on a plot with a total of 16,000 tickets buying 2,000. So had 2,000 out of a total of 18,000 which is a little over a 10% chance. But that did not help anyways.

Just wondering how others did. That's all.

I already have a House and, if the global vendor search is coming as I hope (and should be rightfull for the game as a whole to enhance competition and so better fight inflation in the game...), having a house in Tokuno, Luna or Magincia won't matter more than having it anywhere else (which is the way it should be since all players, regardless where they may have their houses, pay for the same subscription....).

R

RavenWinterHawk

50 million and nada.
Was fun.

If they would have made it a house you could on without decay, I would have dropped 200 million.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's the risk you take with any kind of gambling.

Absolutely, not a problem at all.

I just hope that the Developers have a long term plan here for ultima Online.

That is, first the lottery to drain gold out of the game (though I think I recall reading posts mentioning it was not intended as a gold sink even though Atlantic was drained of about 10 billions from what I can read....), then finally give to players a global search for vendors regardless where they are to promote competition and therefore fight inflation in the game.

That is, that all that we are seeing belongs to a Master Plan to fight inflation in the game.

Step 1 - Reduce existing gold
Step 2 - Improve Vendors' searchability with a Global Search for Vendors which would necessarily enhance competition and thus reduce inflation.

I guess we need to see if all we are seeing belongs to a Greater Master Plan to address the curse of this game, inflation, which so much hurts the ability of the game to conquer new subscriptions from new or returning players, or whether these are all disconnected things happening at random.

We'll see, I guess......

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I spent a total of 90 million between Catskills and Atlantic. I spent 70 mil and had a 1 in 2 chance on the plot I really wanted. However, I did not win and that is OK.

Of course it is disappointing to not win BUT it did take a lot of gold out of the game and for a personal "Glass is half full" outlook I didn't have to activate another account to hold the house!

Zayin666

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I spend 20 mill on Europa and won E-1 in Fel.... I was hoping for a tram spot but didnt win :(
At least I have one of those pretty scrolls now :)

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wasted 5 millions gold and got nothing.

How much gold was burned all for nothing in Magincia ?
If you feel you wasted 5 million gold, I think it was pretty stupid of you to spend it in the first place. I mean, did you really think it was a sure thing you'd get a house? Take some responsibility here for your own decisions.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No more than I could afford to spend. Altogether I think I spent between 5-10 mil. I didn't really keep track. I'm a little disappointed I didn't get a plot, but not too much so. I've got plenty of space with the 2 houses I own now. But after reading a number of "how much did you spend" threads, I'm happy to see how much gold has left the game. This was by far the best gold sink they've come up with yet.

C

Capn Kranky

Spent nothing ... then again accounts have been closed for over 6 months. However I would not have spent a gp anyway.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Less than a million on a dream.

Or about 0.3% of my UO worth.

And I didn't win... aww.

Z

Zomeguy

What if all spots that just decayed were locked and up for auction?

icm420

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I suppose I shouldn't even say anything but who is to say magencia is going to even be popular. I think it was a good idea to get rid of the gold but I had no reason to try to get one of those houses. I spent mayb 1 mil on it. I am more for bones and blood deco and not home and garden. I liked it best when they destroyed the town but left the faction base, so it was a giant field to fight in.

If the houses had been an addition to the regular house an account can hold, I would've spent a lot of gold to try to get one. To let my nice big house fall for a crappy little mag plot... yah I don't think so.

Hunters' Moon

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I didn't bet even one gp and I won an 18x18. :) A friend of mine won a plot and she gave me her old place so she could move.

FionanPac

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I came home Friday night drunk..... logged on for first time in a month saw someone talking about Magincia went to check it out...... and the proceeded to very sloppily blow 180 mill on 3 plots... my drunk excursion ended up with me getting 1 plot

A

AND3R

I going to take a stab at estimating the total gold sink
of the North American Shards....

19 Trillion UO Gold

Try not to let your cheese slide off your cracker.

The Wife & I spent about 50m togather and we won 2 lots.
Tram Pac SW-4
Tram Pac E-6

Setanta

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Remember a little while ago when people were complaining about inflation caused by too much gold in the game? A couple more and it will all be back to normal. As for me, I'm happy with the old house I've had for the last 10 or 11 years.

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I doubt it. The gold that was "sunk" was probably specifically farmed to sink. They'll just farm more to sink again.