• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Sonoma VS Pacific

P

Papadom

Hello I am a returning player, new to the West coast....

I have heard that Sonoma and Pacific are the best for the west coast of the US

What server should I play on? Sonoma or Pacific?

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
pac is bigger player base.

sonoma is just better.

:)

J

Jack Tallow

Agreed.

Pac is our populated West Coast server. Sonoma is a bit of a ghost town, which makes things a bit tough to come by, but housing and items are quite a bit cheaper. Actually, housing is practically free on sonoma. If you can't place something large enough for your liking, you're not leaving town.

If you don't PvP, you might have a tough time finding a group for the larger things in UO on Sonoma. Of course the popular hunting spots are almost always deserted, which is nice, but doing peerless with a group can be tough, since Sonoma has it's cliques.

Either way, your decision. Pacific for a populated, expensive server. sonoma for a cheap, "I don't ahve to see anyone if I don't want to" server. Personally, I'll take Sonoma any day.

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a tamer mage and a wolf macer on Pac.

Pac has a lot more action but the entire shard is pretty newb. Sonoma is pretty slow, with COP alliance zergging it up, Wakas stealthing around and you get D@D's none faction asses and a few scams here and there.

It's pretty much Sonoma vs Scam when scams are around, its a common practice to hold hands with your enemies to take out the few extremely outnumbered elites then after they died then they fight each other.

86/COP, Waka, D@D is like a big family when there's a more than 1 scam around (vs 10+ of Sonoma alliance btw). but oh well it's great for the thrill and challenge.

Pac on the other hand has many zerg guilds, unlike COP/Waka who zerg with archers and stealthers they zerg with mages (lots of tamer mages and mystic mages there) well actually they have archer zergs as well. If you like action go to Pac, find a zerg guild and join them, or play a stealther like wakas which will help you out a lot in the case of being ganked which is a daily practice.

Widow Maker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please forgive the previous poster. He's a bit upset about always being on the loser side since in game birth. With him/her..it's kinda like having a scab, pay it no attention and it just goes away.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
*points to the pvp forum*

Lord Hunter

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:gee:

If your not gonna play nice atleast take it to the PvP thread as Poo mentioned.

Or he and I will force you to sit and listen to one of our favorite Bard Duets.

Widow Maker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am sorry...I am really really really sorry!!!!!!!!!!!

Please..do not make me listen to the Yoko Ono version of UO!!!!!!!!

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
some good old UO Throat Yartlling