• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Sonoma guild seeking new recruits ...

KDSonoma

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
If you are happy playing UO on this shard, this message is not directed at you. We hope you have a blast playing UO here, and continue to do so. We are not looking to steal players from other shards, but we do want to provide an opportunity for any players that may not be experiencing a UO life where they can login and play with an active guild that does events every night.

We are the People’s Army of Sonoma (PAS). We have been on Sonoma since the first day the shard opened (for 16 straight years now), and we have been the largest guild on Sonoma for almost all of our 16 years there. We are the good guys on Sonoma, and we do events every night.

We have a Ventrilo server for our players, and our public calendar at our website shows the events we are scheduled to do each month. You can also go back about 7 years on that calendar to see what events we did each night to get a feel for the kind of guild that we are.

We are looking for players from other shards that may be interested in moving to Sonoma to join us.

If any of this interests you, check us out at www.peoplesarmyofsonoma.net

The post on our website about the recruiting book we drop on other shards will also provide you with more information about us.

We hope you have a blast playing UO, no matter what shard you play on.

KingDavid (KD) of PAS
Founder and guildmaster

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Commenting on the guild only, PAS is good people. I play Sonoma too and have always had a positive experience with them. They do a lot for the shard, even though it isn't a very populated one.

KDSonoma

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
rofl.

Opportunity <> poaching.

It sounds like you are happy playing here, TimberWolf. I not only accept that, I encourage you to stay and have fun playing with your friends, guildmates (if you are in a guild), and other players you haven't met yet. I would be very disappointed if you chose to leave someplace you were enjoying.

UO should always be about having fun.

I hope you have a blast here on Catskills!

KingDavid (KD) PAS
Founder and guildmaster

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And thanks, Podolak, for the kind words.

KingDavid (KD) PAS
Founder and guildmaster

Well ya know King David.....you could always bring a couple characters here! ..lots of great guilds and friendly people to help you get established. :)

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I personally do not feel that should be allowed to be posted on other shard forums because it could be taken as "poaching" from shards that already have minimal populations (not that Catskills does, we're medium sized), maybe that should appear on UHall. @Petra Fyde --- question, are we allowed to post cross-shard recruitment efforts on UHall since it would still be on topic?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
we don't have any rules against this kind of posting, as long as the shards aren't spammed. Posting every shard at the same time would be classed as spamming.

KDSonoma

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I have posted the same message on 9 stratics shard forums, over the course of 3 days or so, with the intent to do this once every 6 months or so.

And TimberWolf, I appreciate the invitation. I have encouraged our members in PAS to consider joining other guilds on Sonoma and on other shards. My purpose is to make sure all PAS know that we want our folks to be happy, and to try things out in UO (even if that means alt chars in other guilds/shards, or leaving PAS to join other guilds/shards).

I know some guilds try to restrict their players to only having characters in that guild. We are the opposite, and I don't feel threatened when a PAS talks to me about wanting to leave us or to add alt chars elsewhere. My view is that the more PAS we have in other guilds, the easier it is to fix "issues" that may come up between players in PAS and other guilds ingame (and human drama cannot be extinguished ingame without losing all the human players in a guild). *smiles*

We always have kept up with PAS that have moved on, and we typically see those folks return to us from time to time.

All that being said, TimberWolf, I spend about 45-50 hours a week running PAS. I run every event we do, and spend a lot of time talking to other guild gms, our players, helping folks ingame, making sure our new recruits get what they need and get any questions answered, etc. That plus I work 40 hours a week and travel time is 2 hours to and from that job each weekday. I also cook dinners for my family, run errands, and do a myriad of other things, all before counting sleep time.

So unfortunately, at least right now, I can't bump anything else to be able to spare the time to come over and join a guild on Catskills.

Things can always change, though, and I already have a mid range character built on Catskills that I used to help PAS get around when we created new characters here and had fun fighting reds ingame with 15-16 noobie characters. We actually killed one! To his credit, he got a kick out of it and liked the fact that he took about 12 of us down before he bit the dust.

:)

I appreciate all the feedback/comments. I hope everyone here enjoys the heck out of playing UO on Catskills.

KingDavid (KD)
Founder and guildmaster

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
King David,... good luck in your recruiting... Sounds like you do good work! I use to be part of a team that ran weekly Shard events/hunts, they were always good times and enjoyed by all. I hope to get back to that eventually, but it seems like the guilds here now are doing a great job.

KDSonoma

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Thank you, TimberWolf! And it sounds like the folks here on Catskills have a lot of awesome opportunities. Let's hope they continue to take advantage of them.

KingDavid (KD) PAS
Founder and guildmaster

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But what if I am unhappy playing on cats and feel I would be unhappy on Sonoma? Should I go to Great Lakes and bum around, or head straight to Siege? (I am so confused now)

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I can speak up for PAS They are an amazing group of people! I have a character on Sonoma and they have always been kind and helpful to me. Quick with a res or to help you get your body and even offer a public ventrilo for anyone to use (found this out tonight at their EM event). If you are looking to expand your horizons I can tell you that these are some honorable people. Sonoma is a fairly quiet shard but they've got decent PvP and their PvM and RP community are a fun group!

KDSonoma

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Thanks, Flutter, for the kind words. I'm glad you found out about the free Sonoma ventrilo server. Our members have loved having our private ventrilo server over these many years, because it enhances the fun of UO (being able to talk to others while we play). Our hope is that the free vent server also enhances the game for non PAS players on Sonoma. In addition, we offer it to any players participating in EM events, or any other organized events (since it is difficult for players to communicate during those events due to the limitation of ingame typing). And beyond that, we hope that solo players not in guilds are able to login and find other players to join with for a hunt or other activity. We have only had that server up and running for about a week, and already have had 22 players log in to use it at various times of the day (since it's hosted by a private company, it's up 24/7).

Aedon, I am sorry that you are afflicted with confusion (*smiles*). I hope you recover quickly from your ailment.

KingDavid (KD) PAS
Founder and guildmaster

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks, Flutter, for the kind words. I'm glad you found out about the free Sonoma ventrilo server. Our members have loved having our private ventrilo server over these many years, because it enhances the fun of UO (being able to talk to others while we play). Our hope is that the free vent server also enhances the game for non PAS players on Sonoma. In addition, we offer it to any players participating in EM events, or any other organized events (since it is difficult for players to communicate during those events due to the limitation of ingame typing). And beyond that, we hope that solo players not in guilds are able to login and find other players to join with for a hunt or other activity. We have only had that server up and running for about a week, and already have had 22 players log in to use it at various times of the day (since it's hosted by a private company, it's up 24/7).

Aedon, I am sorry that you are afflicted with confusion (*smiles*). I hope you recover quickly from your ailment.

KingDavid (KD) PAS
Founder and guildmaster
*grins* I have suffered with it for 62 years now. Looks like relief is not an option.

KDSonoma

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I've been afflicted with severe optimism for 54 years now, myself.

There is always hope for the afflicted. Let's hope you have 62 more years of post-confusion clarity and enjoyment.

KingDavid (KD) PAS
Founder and guildmaster

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We could probably benefit from sitting down and sharing some thoughts and ideas Mr. King David. Send me a PM sometime.

KDSonoma

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
PM was sent, Zuckuss. I am always happy to share ideas on anything UO related.

KingDavid (KD) PAS
Founder and guildmaster

Scarst

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But what if I am unhappy playing on cats and feel I would be unhappy on Sonoma? Should I go to Great Lakes and bum around, or head straight to Siege? (I am so confused now)
Actually the correct answer is you go to Mugen for that combination if it were you're unhappy on Cats and feel you'd be unhappy on atlantic you go to chesepeke. Catskills + chessy = legends but legends +Catskills+pacific= you go to sonoma I hope this cleared it up.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually the correct answer is you go to Mugen for that combination if it were you're unhappy on Cats and feel you'd be unhappy on atlantic you go to chesepeke. Catskills + chessy = legends but legends +Catskills+pacific= you go to sonoma I hope this cleared it up.
*chuckles* No, that only confused me more. I just gave up and went to Gondor.