• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Sonoma Church(RP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pacem

Come join us Monday evenings. A truely unique event, and something the whole family can enjoy! Have many of your questions answered in a warm and friendly atmosphere. Our get-togethers are every Monday evening 9:30pm EST. No name calling, cuss words or bashing are allowed. I look forward to seeing you there. :)

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
No name calling, cuss words or bashing are allowed
im gonna make a wild guess that this is gonna be in Barney Land?

P

Pacem

LOL, pretty much, yup :) Remember there are kids playing this game too (hence one of the reasons why no cussing etc)
Don't forget about this coming Monday evening! All are welcome! :)

P

Pacem

Don't forget about this coming Monday evening! All are welcome!

P

Pacem

Church tonight 4/27 on the Sonoma shard at 9:30pm EST!
Tonight's reading will be Matthew 21-23. Stop by the church, and you can have your questions answered as well. :) God bless, I look forward to seeing you then.

Lefty

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have been approached by several players about your in game habits of using pack horses and com crystals to broadcast your sermons in game. Many feel that
1. It treds on their beliefs.
2. Some feel that it is a personal attack.
3. Others say it is annoying spam.
4. Many have opinions that religion, politics as well as real world business should not be in the mix.

I would like you to ask you to stop with this method and instead go with the traditional method of advertising with marked runes and books. At least this would offer an opt in for players and not upset them.

P

Pacem

I have been approached by several players about your in game habits of using pack horses and com crystals to broadcast your sermons in game. Many feel that
1. It treds on their beliefs.
2. Some feel that it is a personal attack.
3. Others say it is annoying spam.
4. Many have opinions that religion, politics as well as real world business should not be in the mix.

I would like you to ask you to stop with this method and instead go with the traditional method of advertising with marked runes and books. At least this would offer an opt in for players and not upset them.
I have noticed that many of you complain about the broadcast packies, that they spam up where you hang out and chat with your friends.
But as I have often said before:
You can put them on ignore, just like any player.
But, of course, the response some of you may come back with would be, "I shouldn't have to put them on ignore!" and then you refuse to do so.
So, if you refuse to put them on ignore, a task that would take 20 seconds tops, then I humbly submit that it is YOU who choose to listen to them.
So, to complain about them does no good whatsoever.

I do not mean to sound harsh...

but, if you are not willing to put them on ignore, then it is you that have chosen to put up with the text.
If you ignore them, the problem is gone, and you can chat away
not hearing a single word from the packies. :)

That said, if you still refuse to ignore them, then it is my prayer
that the hearing of God's Word benifits you, and that God moves your heart, so that you may come to a better understanding of the One who truely loves you. :)

I will say no more on this subject after this post. It is not a personal attack, nor anything else you have mentioned. The very reason there are other cultures and beliefs in this game is why the church is on Sonoma, Napa, and Lake Austin, with witnessing and answering questions on the other english speaking shards. Believe it or not, some people actually listen to the packies, and then come to me with honest questions. I have seen people saved, healed, many misconceptions corrected, and the love of Christ spread. So, if God is blessing in this manner, and fruit is being produced, then this is not a bad thing.

In short: the solution? Every week, I use the same packies that were used the previous week. I am no longer purchasing fresh packies, but stabling the ones I use, to be used again. So, once people put them on ignore, they will never be heard again.

Jesus as well met with some very harsh criticism, many not wanting him to preach because it tred on their beliefs and traditions. But He knew what He was doing, and still does. :) I am not Jesus, but I follow His example and spread the Word to those who will listen. Those that don't want to can put me and my packies on ignore. :)

Be blessed.

L

Loral

Well I have Matthew and three packies on ignore and now I can't ignore the ones that are in Luna tonight. While the message itself does not offend me I play this game to get away from reality and every time I get spammed by you it makes me think very un-Christian thoughts.

S

Skullcollector

Well I have Matthew and three packies on ignore and now I can't ignore the ones that are in Luna tonight. While the message itself does not offend me I play this game to get away from reality and every time I get spammed by you it makes me think very un-Christian thoughts.
Everyone has the right to play their game how they wish, try a little harder to ignor it if you dont like it. I find some of the people selling crap and spamming it in luna way more offending that pacem and his beleifs. Just my opinion. If people think what he says is offending, just read a few of our pvp posts...we are the kings! :)

Black Majick

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lefty. Easy way to solve that problem. Go tame some scorps...then release one right next to each packy and watch the packy die. End of problem. If no one sees you do it...no one to page on! LOLerSkates!
:danceb:

P

Pacem

Now, if people start doing that, that would force me to place them right inside the bank itself where ppl do their commerce.... you wouldn't want me to do that now, would you? :)

Just leave them alone, and put them on ignore, and that will never happen, and since I use the same packies every week, they will perminantly be on ignore.

Plus, if you think about it, if the packies are killed every week, then I would have to use fresh packies every time, which means people have to put packies on ignore again and again and again. Preserve the packies used now, and you only have to ignore them once. I don't care either way, packies and comm crystals are cheap, and I keep a close eye on my followers all the while the reading is going on, so the moment I see my followers decrease, I can stop, get new packies, and continue like nothing ever happened. Something to consider. :)

P

Pacem

PLUS...
If you're unable to ignore them... there is just one simple solution...
Walk...away...
Do business at the bank... go shopping at vendors... they aren't there.
And honestly, how long do you normally spend at the stables and gate? A minute? Two max? Do your business and go. :)
If you choose to put up with them, and not walk away, that is your business. To purposely stay where they are while at the same time say you are annoyed by them makes no sense at all.

In the event you refuse to leave where they are, and refuse to put them on ignore, it will always be my prayer that His Word moves your heart in the right direction, and help you come to a deeper understanding of Him. Amen.

G

Gama_Isisson

Now, if people start doing that, that would force me to place them right inside the bank itself where ppl do their commerce.... you wouldn't want me to do that now, would you? :)

Hmmm... threatening to force your 'message' on people. How very christian of you. Are you going to start murdering people who don't want to listen to you next, because that's what you 'christians' historically resort to next.

P

Pacem

It is not forcing, friend, if you can put them on ignore and they remain on ignore forever. :)
You always have that option, and once you put them on ignore, they will remain that way for all the years you play UO, as long as no one kills them.

Once on ignore, packies at the bank would be just that, only packies that are standing around and not saying anything.
But if you refuse to put them on ignore, please refer to post #7 in this thread.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
so pretty soon can we expect a bunch of pack horses wondering around spreading the good word of "The Buddha" and walking around in a snake dance while singing away.

then soon after we will have the followers of allah screeching and yurtling from the east corner of the Luna wall 3 or 4 times a day.

and lets not forget Aton Levay and his crew, his church of satan is still on sonoma and they of course will want to have their black mass broadcast with pack horses throughout luna as well.

your starting something in a game that belongs in RL.
this game is not the time nor place nor forum for these discussions.

i shouldnt have my beliefs in science questioned while all i want to do is get my BOD's and be on my way to a peerless or a faction raid.

there is a reason that the lords prayer has been tooken out of most public schools.
its called freedome of rights and religous beliefs.
the freedome of your fist ends at the tip of my nose, to use an old analogy.
so you are forcing your religous beliefs down everyones throats.
which, if history is correct you guys have done over and over and over again with no real good effects.

im rather suprised that EA hasnt tooken up a stance on this yet, or rather id be suprised if a stance was not soon adopted.
because like mentioned above, people dont want to have to deal with RL stuff while playing a game.

on a personal note, im rather saddened that a person would choose to inflict their religous beliefs on others in a game setting.
i can only feel pity for you and what must be a sad existance if you consider doing this in a game setting to be fun and of any real benifit to the game atmosphere. you guys have your churches in RL to go play god in, i think you can leave us immortally damned souls at least one place of refuge to play in.

besides, shouldnt you be more worried that the birth rate of christians today is 1.6 in the US and 1.1 in canada and UK and Germany, where the Muslims birth rate per family is over 8.
Historically NO civilisation has ever come back from a birth rate below 2.1
ever.
IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD!!!!!
so i think you have bigger fish to fry if you want your god to live longer then the next 120 years.
heck, you should be out wooing your 2nd and 3rd wife and making more little children of the corn rather then worry'n about what little old sonoma is doing.

you shoudl really go watch this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XK1pnCldKZI

P

Pacem

there is a reason that the lords prayer has been tooken out of most public schools.
its called freedome of rights and religous beliefs.
the freedome of your fist ends at the tip of my nose, to use an old analogy.
so you are forcing your religous beliefs down everyones throats.
which, if history is correct you guys have done over and over and over again with no real good effects.
So, would that reason also apply for the other religions in public school? People still pray to Allah in public schools and nothing is said, and yet everywhere in America, Christian students caught praying publicly in school are being punished, and some kicked out. What applies for one should apply for all.
Plus, I got permission to do the Bible studies... if others get that same permission, then more power to them. :) And again, the ignore feature is very useful. I'll say it as many times as I need to. Complaining about it will do no good if you can just simply ignore them.
'Nuff said.
The packies will always be there. From God's gift to us (freedom of choice) you can listen to them or not, put them on ignore or not. It is totally up to you. And, as always, all are welcome at the church.
This will be my final post here, as I believe this thread has gone on long enough. Let us take it to private message or ICQ (21168474) if you have questions or comments.
If you would like to join us tonight, service is at 9:00pm EST on Napa Valley, east of the moongate on the other side of the inner wall. I genuinely hope to see you all there. :)

Be well, and happy hunting.

S

Skullcollector

In UO there are many things that can offend or ruin someone’s game play experience. One of them is having guild leader guild new players under false pretences who kills and res kill them repeatedly. Once there insurance runs out and he collects their items then kicks them from the guild. Another game killer can be some of the foul language, the insulting of players for being not as good at something as they are. Or you save up enough gold to buy a nice item and someone scams you for all the gold you worked hard to collect to buy that item. To me these examples are way more offending than someone preaching a peaceful message. Everyone is entitled to play their game the way they want, weather you want to kill new players, trash talk all day long or scam people out of their items its all welcome in UO...unfortunately. I am not a very religious person, I have my beliefs to but I don’t practice them like most do, Sunday mass for me in a bowl of chips and a good football game. The reason I said that is I don’t want people to say well your beliefs are the same as him that’s why you defend him. No I feel everyone has the right to play their GAME the way they wish. This is a community and some enjoy having a church to go to in game. What we need is a Sonoma police department to stop the real trash on Sonoma. I for one would like that job, give me a UO gun and badge and ill happily take out the trash. Maybe posting here on stratics pacem isn’t the greatest idea but don’t let anyone change how you play your game! Enjoy my friend!!

Black Majick

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Plus, I got permission to do the Bible studies...

Aye, but did you get permission to have pack horses spamming potentially offensive things? I hightly doubt it. What do you do service on? ATM I am unemployed and would not have one bit of an issue paging on your for the packies. I am personally a christian in my beleifs, but if I wanted to go to bible study, I would go to church. Drop some books or runes. If folks want to come, they can come sit in your house in luna and listen too you. I dont think people standing at the bank, stables, or walking around inside luna walls should have to read it.

BTW as too a comment you made earlier. Sometimes I stand at the bank and sell items along with other folks. Some folks even stand there looking for good deals. So folks sometimes do spend longer that 1-2 mins there.

P

Pacem

Aye, but did you get permission to have pack horses spamming potentially offensive things? I hightly doubt it. What do you do service on? ATM I am unemployed and would not have one bit of an issue paging on your for the packies. I am personally a christian in my beleifs, but if I wanted to go to bible study, I would go to church. Drop some books or runes. If folks want to come, they can come sit in your house in luna and listen too you. I dont think people standing at the bank, stables, or walking around inside luna walls should have to read it.

BTW as too a comment you made earlier. Sometimes I stand at the bank and sell items along with other folks. Some folks even stand there looking for good deals. So folks sometimes do spend longer that 1-2 mins there.
To not like seeing God's Word told when it isn't convenient for you, or to think there are some places where God's Word shouldn't be allowed or appropriate... no true Christian would think or believe that. If you share the same love for others that Christ has for you, wouldn't you want to share about Him with EVERY opportunity that He gives to you?

Yes, at the bank people spend many long hours selling their wares and buying items. Not so at the gate and stables. The gate, 20 seconds max selecting a place to go... at the stables, maybe a moment or two selecting just the right pet for a hunt... not long hours. :)

As a true Christian, you would know that God and His Word are not meant to be kept within the walls of a church, whether it be in UO or real life. To suggest I keep it inside the church walls is something that I will never do, for I share the love of Jesus for others, wanting just as much as He does for people to come to know Him. I would hope and pray that you share that same love.

Be well and blessed. :)

Quenchant

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
... no true Christian would think or believe that.
The above statement, could be viewed as a troll. Someone who disagrees with you cannot possibly be a true christian?

And that's the end of advertising church services here on the Sonoma board.

So take it in game and do all the advertising you want there.

Q

Status
Not open for further replies.