• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Something to Lift Lady Pheonix's Spirits

• Thread starter NewThunder
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
N

NewThunder

I have been trying to think of something we could do that could lift Lady Pheonix, and I thought perhaps a shard-wide Net toss, Since she and O/S are famous for their net tosses. I was thinking perhaps the friday night after thanksgiving, hopefully she will be home and can log in. Please give some feedback, I really would love to be able to have a shard wide event to show her how much she means to all of us.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I won't presume to speak for FSB, but for me, I'm in!
Leave the schedule slightly flexible tho, in case ya need to shift it a night or two up or back, to suit her needs.

But yeah, Ubetcha!

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
can't imagine that anyone would not be up for this

and Uriah, good sir, if you guys have to think about whether or not you can speak for FSB then I've not done my job ;)

*runs off to wake up Casey and Ida Lorinda*

c'mon you lazy louts! there's nets to be found!!

MageCruella

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm in and will put out an all call to ELV..Dev and I will also keep the Alliance informed. Great idea Thunder!

L

Luna du Selene

I want to say that I am greatly impressed by the love Legends openly shows for your Lady Phoenix. To feel so cherished must surely be joyful for her :) :grouphug:

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:) she's very special, Luna, come to our net toss and see.... and don't worry, we will rez you

B

BardMal

I want to say that I am greatly impressed by the love Legends openly shows for your Lady Phoenix. To feel so cherished must surely be joyful for her :) :grouphug:
We will be greatly honored if you attend our celebration of Lady Pheonix. If you want, make a newbie and we can come up with some appropriate clothing for you, I am sure.
If you would like to have a better picture of who we hold in our hearts, her picture is posted in the picture thread under "Deadly Shadow".

D

DebconLady

I wouldn't miss it for the World that I think of Lady Pheonix!!!

Let me know if there is anything that you need!

Damia TMC

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Count us in, we'd love to be there. I work Fridays but hopefully I can sneak over :)

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
hell Ill log on my account and see if i can find any nets. I know I had a few, so if they are still there they are yours.

And no, im not playing this game still.

T

Tovladian Soltyr

People from other shards can bash legends all they want but when push comes to shove legends isn't a shard at all. It's a family build upon trust, love, and hope. We cry on each others shoulders when we're feeling down or having a bad day/month/year. We share our good times with one another, always looking out for each other.

Phoenix (Darlene) is like the mother of the shard, always there for you and kissing your booboo's and cleaning up those scraped knees. So of course we care when something is wrong with her, no one, that's sane anyway likes it when their mothers sick :(.

Then you have the rest of the family,

Devilsown - The Aunt that always lets you do the things that your parents just yelled at ya for :p.

Plucky - The Uncle that always comes off as creepy or mean but deep down inside has a heart of gold and would give everything to know his family is doing well.

Sorcon - The jack@$$ older brother that always gives you wedgies and noogies but then makes up for it by buying you Playboys and beer and even taking you to movies no matter how uncool you make him look.

MageCru - The Alcoholic aunt that's always fun to be around cause ya never know what she'll do next :p. (Ugh, Aunt Magey get that lampshade off your head).

Faith - She's the sweet and innocent LOOKING little sister of the shard. Always trying to go out of her way to help others to prove she's not as little as you think. But of course not above pulling out the cute act to get you to play Tea Party with her (Takes off Pink froo froo hat and wipes crappy makeup job of his face Grrrr I swear this it the last time I do this!!!!).

Omnicron - He's the annoying cousin that hogs your game system when he's over saying "Lets take turns" to get the paddle then you never see it again. Always getting you in trouble for something he's done, but he's family and you have to put up with him :p lol ROFL.

Damia - Everyones favorite aunt, always gets you the coolest gifts at christmas/birthdays. Taking you on trips to the zoo, park, etc... she's just the all around awesome aunt that you wait for those days every year when she's going to come pick ya up.

Debcon Lady - She's the rebellious hip and cool sister that believes your parents are too hard on you and smothering. The good thing about her is she takes the attention off you so you can do whatever you like :p.

Ah I could go on and on with the members of our Legends Family but I've got things to do so I'll leave it at that for now. Their my online family and I lubs every single one of them :).

B

BardMal

Well said Tov.

What many may not know about Dar (we have always referred to her as "Sue") is that she does a whole lot of selfless acts of kindness anonymously.

"Don't tell them that was from me" is something she has said on more than one occasion.

But then again, most people who "know" Dar won't be surprised to hear that.

Sue is trustworthy and selfless. She is one of the few people who has gone way out of her way to enhance my game play, while having little actual game play interaction with me.

She is a core member of the Legends shard, and one of the better examples of what it means to be a human. There is obviously a big demand for her type in Heaven. I wish they would be more patient up there and let us enjoy her presence here for a few more decades.

D

DebconLady

Well said Tov.

She is a core member of the Legends shard, and one of the better examples of what it means to be a human. There is obviously a big demand for her type in Heaven. I wish they would be more patient up there and let us enjoy her presence here for a few more decades.
*sniff sniff*
Heaven is made up of all the "Dars" in this world! What a heavenly place that must be!

Tov, you are the best! *Lov You*

T

Tovladian Soltyr

*makes note to have Darri :twak: Tov outta his chair* :stretcher:

*nods* :eyes:
Oh yeah can't forget Grumpy old Grandpa Cuda, the one that no matter how much success you have will always see you as the Lazy hippy (Or pointy eared elf either way).

MageCruella

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have to say that Tov pretty much nailed it! Talk about a belly laugh. I trust that Dar will get on and read this and it will make her day! She loves us ya know. : )

Thanks Tov, what a great gift to Dar.

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Omnicron - He's the annoying cousin that hogs your game system when he's over saying "Lets take turns" to get the paddle then you never see it again. Always getting you in trouble for something he's done, but he's family and you have to put up with him :p lol ROFL.
You mean brother, not cousin. Cousins go home, brothers are always around to bug ya.

W

Wulfgar

i have close to 100 nets ill give ya. Just let me know. Anything for such a GREAT LADY :grouphug:

Lord Cuda

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh yeah can't forget Grumpy old Grandpa Cuda, the one that no matter how much success you have will always see you as the Lazy hippy (Or pointy eared elf either way).
I have no idea how all those Imps got into your house kind Sir :popcorn:

Now quit slacking off and get a hair cut and let Omni have the controller he looks bored :sad3:

Damia TMC

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow Tov you hit the nail on the head with that description as my neices and nephews and grandkids would tell you :)

Miss you Lady Phoenix, we have a bank to paint. :)

A

alaina123

Count me in, i have some nets. also anyone comming from another shard to be involved i'll make some suits of armor for them. and if there is anything you need for this even and i mean anything just ask for tsunade from any tmc member they can get a hold of me i am on every night 7 days a week.

Jirel of Joiry

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Count sis and I in too! Lady Phoenix is the kind of person I wish we could all be more like. Sis and I have some Fabled Fishing nets we been saving for "Something"... We would be honored to toss em for Lady Phoenix.

Jirel of Joiry and Her Sis Luc of Legends

Jirel of Joiry

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay so what's the word on the net toss? Is it tonight? Let me know something, please? Thank you. :)

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm thinking maybe Thunder got busy with that other world we all gotta visit while we're not here....

sooo....... Jirel, start it up... tonite, of course, is a bit late, but pick a date and we'll run it by everyone here and see what happens

sound good? I think prolly Fridays are best for everyone, what do you think?

hop in here anyone with ideas! and nets!!! LOL

Jirel of Joiry

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dec. 12 sounds good here too! We have fabled fishing nets to toss!! (Hope ya'll feel like beating on the Levathian!) That will give Luc's Pink eye to heal up. She's got a nasty case of it. She's been to a doc and got meds. No puter for her lots of rest and queit dark room. she wants to be a part of this too so that would work beautifully.

s

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
kay, so far lookin' good, but I really would like to see Thunder say it's okay with him, too, know what I mean?

start gathering those nets everyone! :)

Lady Arwen

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well just lemme know if thats ok with everyone. And if not when you might wanna have it.
:)

N

NewThunder

kay, so far lookin' good, but I really would like to see Thunder say it's okay with him, too, know what I mean?

start gathering those nets everyone! :)

It's ok with me. I have been super busy IRL, so havnt been able to be in game much the past couple weeks.

A

Annienox

Well I'm glad you didnt get it done yesterday cuz I would have missed it. I believe I have some nets that you all can have for the event. Just let me know who to give them too and where and when. I'd do just about anything for Sue.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's ok with me. I have been super busy IRL, so havnt been able to be in game much the past couple weeks.
alright, Legends, it looks like a go :)

and since a lot of people have nets they wish to contribute, let's make it easy on ourselves..... as most know, there are people in the PRAH auction house every Monday and Tuesday from 7-9 pm est to take submissions for the auctions..... I will park DevilsOwn there to gather nets (and annoy those auction people) from people that want to donate and won't be able to make the event

but......!! if you're planning on being there anyway, just bring the nets (and your GM fisher if you have white nets you'd like to toss) on December 12th and we'll just throw them at will :D (Will, if you're out there, be ready)

does that work for everyone? FSB will bring bandies and ale and we'll have folks standing by for the much needed resurrections

did I forget anything?

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I will try my best to make it.

hmm ... I'll have to do some work, I used up my stockpile of nets during spring cleaning and haven't been out on the seas much lately.

( I would encourage people to consider leaving their dragons at home - it's hard to get a good crowd scene screenshot when it's all wings ... and the poor little leviathans don't last long with 3-4 dragons wailing on it ... though I suppose an alternative would be that we could try to go for the record of most leviathans in a single screen shot :) )

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
my apologies, and I blame this on age.... or Uriah, whichever is closer

I cannot be at PRAH on Monday nites, that's the nite I work late :blushing:

I will, however, be there on Tuesdays and I will be at Brit bank a few nites during the next few weeks..... provided it's not invaded :) if you see me there with a packy, or in Luna with a packy, it means I'm collecting nets

but like I said, it is much preferable that you simply bring them to the toss yourself and join in the fun and holler "HIYA!!" when we take a pic for Ghostie!

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Speakin of PRAH, arrangements have been made with Bijah Catlow to accept nets on Monday and Tuesday nights, if Dev isn't there. He will forward them to her.

*Hands DevilsOwn Gingko for memory*

this stuff really works!! Now, what were we talking about...;)

A

alaina123

Count me in i will be there with my fisherwoman. Dec 12th sounds great but where will the tossing be at? or Where is everyone going to meet up at?

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:)

the bloodstained docks at Buc's Den is the place, 7:00pm est is the time....... come early, come late, but by all means get yourself there!

Lady Arwen

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
poo, something just came up irl and dont know if I will be able to make it by 7 but Ill try to get there as soon as I get home. I might be a tad late tho :(

Lady Arwen

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well if I end up not being able to make it, make sure you all get plenty of screenies for me to look at!! :)

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You folks should still do this event. To honor her name if nothing else.

Damia TMC

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I will be at work, and have class during the day so I won't even be back in town until 8 but if it's still going on I'll sneak over between calls. I really wanted to come, especially now that it will be a rememberance memorial net toss ::(

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
oh yes, you are all right, we should go on

proposing that we change start time to 8:00pm est, as two dear friends need to be with us..... we can wait that little bit for them, yes?

see you all tomorrow