• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Something negative... what's your most disliked thing about UO?

• Thread starter GL_Seller
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
G

GL_Seller

My favorite thing about uo is the amount of cheating im allowed to do everyday, which makes me tons of money. I literally play uo 3 hours a week but im logged in 21 hours of everyday. Its one of the best games in the world. Thanks EA!!!

S

Solikos

Honestly I'm probably here for the old days when Sosaria was a dangerous place filled with thieves and murders... When everything was simple (equipment), yet complex (the world itself)... Now those two roles seem to have switched. We now have complex equipment (crafting, artifacts, farming) and a simple world (99% empty/useless except high end dungeons)... I feel UO has lost much of its glamor... But perhaps that was bound to happen regardless.

High end PvM bores me in virtually any game... Even if I were here for PvM, I'd go insane. It seems many other games (including a few MMORPGs such as Guild Wars) can offer decent AI and missions that make group PvM a tactical game, not "my equipment & template is uber, so I can solo anything in this world with some proper macros."

With that said I have yet to PvP since my return, but that is my end goal. That's why I play online games in the first game; putting my wits against other players. I guess only time will tell me if UO is the place for this, or if I should start a yahoo account and play chess all day.

In that regard, I am somewhat bitter about the game and it's changes - sorry for bringing that here... But on a happy note, UO is still a unique game with a great world. Character customization is great; no cookie cutter warriors, mages, rangers, clerics, etc. You have the opportunity to leave your mark on the world in some way to more extent than in other games... Community is also a large part of the game, and much of the reason why many of us play weather we realize it or not.

In the end, I'm probably here mainly because my computer is headed downhill, and until I can buy a better one, PlanetSide, Team Fortress and other more 'graphic' intense games that I enjoy do not allow me to keep competitive. Interestingly enough, though, I actually love the graphics of UO (2D); simple and clear; I'll always stand firm that graphics do not make a game, and I'll always remember UO for what it once was.

Other than that, I enjoy the Roleplaying, I enjoy the communities, and I enjoy playing with character templates... I enjoy running around the world and seeing old sites, though it's not nearly as enjoyable now that a large part of the population has left (especially Fel where the real adventure is).

I'll be starting a character into Faction fairly soon, which I am excited for... Aside from that, I've started up a character on Siege and am enjoying the work-up from nothing... No buying skills, no rapid gains to 50 skill, no trammel, no insurance - RoT or NoT, it's the way the game was meant to be played.

~ Solikos

Mistura

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Honestly I'm probably here for the old days when Sosaria was a dangerous place filled with thieves and murders... When everything was simple (equipment), yet complex (the world itself)... Now those two roles seem to have switched. We now have complex equipment (crafting, artifacts, farming) and a simple world (99% empty/useless except high end dungeons)... I feel UO has lost much of its glamor... But perhaps that was bound to happen regardless.

High end PvM bores me in virtually any game... Even if I were here for PvM, I'd go insane. It seems many other games (including a few MMORPGs such as Guild Wars) can offer decent AI and missions that make group PvM a tactical game, not "my equipment & template is uber, so I can solo anything in this world with some proper macros."

With that said I have yet to PvP since my return, but that is my end goal. That's why I play online games in the first game; putting my wits against other players. I guess only time will tell me if UO is the place for this, or if I should start a yahoo account and play chess all day.

In that regard, I am somewhat bitter about the game and it's changes - sorry for bringing that here... But on a happy note, UO is still a unique game with a great world. Character customization is great; no cookie cutter warriors, mages, rangers, clerics, etc. You have the opportunity to leave your mark on the world in some way to more extent than in other games... Community is also a large part of the game, and much of the reason why many of us play weather we realize it or not.

In the end, I'm probably here mainly because my computer is headed downhill, and until I can buy a better one, PlanetSide, Team Fortress and other more 'graphic' intense games that I enjoy do not allow me to keep competitive. Interestingly enough, though, I actually love the graphics of UO (2D); simple and clear; I'll always stand firm that graphics do not make a game, and I'll always remember UO for what it once was.

Other than that, I enjoy the Roleplaying, I enjoy the communities, and I enjoy playing with character templates... I enjoy running around the world and seeing old sites, though it's not nearly as enjoyable now that a large part of the population has left (especially Fel where the real adventure is).

I'll be starting a character into Faction fairly soon, which I am excited for... Aside from that, I've started up a character on Siege and am enjoying the work-up from nothing... No buying skills, no rapid gains to 50 skill, no trammel, no insurance - RoT or NoT, it's the way the game was meant to be played.

~ Solikos

Theres always one :wall: :twak:

Mistura

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I still wrote what I enjoy about the game, just being fair on both sides... I'm here, aren't I?

~ Solikos
Well, yes your here because your comp wont let you play anything else or so you said in your post.

Read the thread title:

"Something positive... what's your favorite thing about UO?"

Then re-read your post and ask yourself, was my post a good contribution to the discussion?

I would say no.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oh, and also I love the fact that I can do over a hundred dread runs, solo, in a month and not get a single crimson cincture, while people in my guild get them all the time. Yeah. Lame.

E

Edina Monsoon

I love the fact that I don't have to waste countless hours training up any kind of alchemist, blacksmith, tailor, tinker or carpenter any more since you can just get one good weapon and set of armor, insure it and never have to do worry again about re-equiping any of your characters.

That leaves all my time to go and farm gold, artifacts and spring cleaning points to turn in for more crap that will decorate my over stuffed house to show off all the time spent collecting useless garbage so that when new players walk by my house they will fall over dead from envy at everything that I have.

I love the locked down stuffies that I can't snuggle with.

I love the 128 megabyte patch that always seems to need to download for KR and then when its finally finished it just crashes again.

Oh, what new players? Haven't seen one of those in ages. Just the Young Players that are running off to Ilshenar to go and grab their 25,000 points of spring cleaning tickets...

Hmmmm. The thing I love most are the 14 day free trial accounts, which I will run off to start one now so that I can go grab another 150,000 spring cleaning points to get another luck jewelry set and sell for around 10 million in gold to add to the millions I already have...

C

canary

I love the fact that I don't have to waste countless hours training up any kind of alchemist, blacksmith, tailor, tinker or carpenter any more since you can just get one good weapon and set of armor, insure it and never have to do worry again about re-equiping any of your characters.

That leaves all my time to go and farm gold, artifacts and spring cleaning points to turn in for more crap that will decorate my over stuffed house to show off all the time spent collecting useless garbage so that when new players walk by my house they will fall over dead from envy at everything that I have.

I love the locked down stuffies that I can't snuggle with.

I love the 128 megabyte patch that always seems to need to download for KR and then when its finally finished it just crashes again.

Oh, what new players? Haven't seen one of those in ages. Just the Young Players that are running off to Ilshenar to go and grab their 25,000 points of spring cleaning tickets...

Hmmmm. The thing I love most are the 14 day free trial accounts, which I will run off to start one now so that I can go grab another 150,000 spring cleaning points to get another luck jewelry set and sell for around 10 million in gold to add to the millions I already have...
QFT, every sentence.

Orvago

Stratics' Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cleaned the negative feedback and made it into it's own thread.

*Orvago smiles*

M

Mongbat Kid

My favorite thing about uo is the amount of cheating im allowed to do everyday, which makes me tons of money. I literally play uo 3 hours a week but im logged in 21 hours of everyday. Its one of the best games in the world. Thanks EA!!!

You are the thing I hate about UO, the scripters and cheaters that get away with it over and over and the GM's don't do squat. Exploiters in action in plain sight and nothing anyone can or will do about it.

A

Atlantian

The arrogance of some certain people on stratics and in game that try to give you an english lesson. Or think they are above you.