• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Something Needs/Should be done..DEVS!!

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes it was a grind. But it wasnt around long, so it was an enjoyable grind because it was new.

Blackthorns dungeon on the other hand, its perma content so yes its become a grueling terrible afk grind.

The problem its so easy to AFK grind to get the arties that the people that are there on multiple accounts AFK 24/7 have flooded the market to the point where actually do the challenging fun part of it (the captains) just isnt worth the trouble.

Why would i spend 8 hours plus fighting something when i can make 10times the gold value in that same amount of time doing other things?

Yes, the AFK grind has ruined Blackthorns dungeon. It was really fun, but just isnt worth it because the minax arties are so common they arent worth the time it takes to get them. Of course if your AFK, time isnt a concern. Its still all pure easy profit. Especially if your bagballed in with 0 risk of death.
The AFK issue aside, are you saying that you'd rather see a timed event like ToT where reward items are released in limited availability over something that has a permanent home in he the game with those rewards available to anyone who wishes to play for them? I can see it going both ways, just curious what your thoughts were.