• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Something for the Miners... an Ore Dump.

Sam the Scribe

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello all. Sam usually handles these posts, but he's off chasin' alchemists or somethin'. I dunno, sometimes I wonder if the lad hasn't gone nutty reading all those little letters in arcane scrolls... anyway.

I'm writing today about a house I just rented. It's located on the Arctic Island and I've wanted to have a home there for a long time as the mining is so good. Well I can't afford house of my own, but one day while I was mining there this funny chap came up to me and asked if I wanted to rent a room and forge nearby. I followed him to the house and the whole time he was chattin' away. Told me 'bout how the house had been built by a miner and though the original owner was now retired he kept the bottom two floors for storage.

So the deal was, I get to have a forge and small apartment but gotta promise to keep out of the storage areas below. Well no big deal to me since I've got no place of my own at all!

The chap kept goin on about how cold it was here and seemed concerned that the outdoor forge was no good. I told him right off that a large forge like that kicks off a lot of heat and that havin' a nice view of the ocean while I worked would be peachy keen! Then I noticed this little wooden door. I asked the chap about it and he say's it's an "ore dump." He kicks the door open and grabs a shovel and... swoosh! All the impure ore that was layin' around on the floor gets shoveled right out and down to the ground below!

I'd spent years working indoor forges and gettin stuck with sweeping the ore off the floor into baskets and cartin' it out! That's back-breakin work mind ya and sometimes if the ore is still hot from the forge, the baskets catch on fire!

Well, I've gone on a bit I guess... maybe Sam's been rubbin' off on me but I just wanted to share the ore dump with my fellow miner/smiths! I don't take credit for inventin' it but I'm sure gonna enjoy using it!

Safe Mining, Koehyn

R

ragnartheawful

Very nice and functional, to boot. When my new mule gets underway, I may have to consider one of these for his room. Thanks for the share!

sligachan

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey that's a neat idea....... just as long as you don't throw yourself out by accident!!

Also, it had better not be used for throwing any alchemists out of your tower :mad::mad:

Sam the Scribe

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey that's a neat idea....... just as long as you don't throw yourself out by accident!!

Also, it had better not be used for throwing any alchemists out of your tower :mad::mad:

If you will forgive me for speaking "out-of-character" for a moment... in the picture in this thread, the position of the door and forge allows it to be opened but you can't walk out. I didn't like that and made a minor change to the house to allow "forge leaping!"

I did design the house specifically for the "Alchemy Inquisition", however bear no ill feelings towards Koehyn, he thinks he stumbled into the deal of a lifetime. Sure, he has been told not to go into the "storage" area below the house... but as an honorable man, he wouldn't even think of trying the door, just to have a peek inside. Besides... a big steel door like that must be locked, right?

Well, no matter... he is thrilled with his new mining retreat. No more recalling back and forth. Let's not spoil it for him by revealing the dark and sinister purpose of the house. Please?

Though... it is funny you mention people being tossed from the tower. If one stands back and looks at the structure, it does look very foreboding... and that door would be handy for tossing victims onto the cold frozen ground.

Pah... silly... the um... rental agent told Koehyn the previous owner was a retired miner...

Geez, I'm just getting paranoid now! *laughs nervously*

Safe Mining, Koehyn... or Travels, Sam... OMG WHO AM I!!!