• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Some PVP questions...

T

Tak

Sometimes its hard to tell in UO if a ten year veteran just spanked your rear or if something strange is going on. So some questions to experienced pvpers:

Is there a log file to see who or what hit you?

What does that message mean? "You are attacking too fast for Fel.."??

If you target an enemy while in stealth mode, do he get a warning then? Everytime i try to "surprise attack" someone he becames invisible or rides quickly away as soon i target him...so fast, you could think he is scripting:p

Is it possible to ride and shoot arrows at same time?

Why i cant go in wolf form while pvping in Fel (sometimes the icon is there and sometimes not)?

Sometimes something strang is going on as soon i go into Fel pvp.
Animal Form fizzles too often, cant hide, cant stealth, even if there isnt a guy in range anymore. According client i am not cursed. It feels like my char lost 50% of his skills. Is there a known issue (hack whatever) who could cause this?

T

Tak

Mh, there must be something terrible wrong?

I left Fel pvp and entered Tram..with 105 ninjitsu i can only use animal form up to bullfrog and giant serpent. I have 17% weaken symbol.. remove curse doesnt help. Closed Client several times but didnt help, so it must be on the server side? It still behaves like i am missing skills, but client shows normal skills.

Well, will wait until tomorrow in hope it goes away:p

No more Fel pvp...can i have my 50000 insurance back? lol

T

Tak

Now everything works like before.
lol..anyone could explain that mess? Have i missed any shady Fel rules?

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Everything works fine 100 hide + 80 steath and u should not fail. If you target a person while hiden and out of range for youre weapon u stay hiden but the target gets a message "Youre name is attacking you" above there head.

no log file to tell you whats what

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Use your journal to see who hit you.

To clear the weaken symbol re-cast it on yourself, it should go when the spell wears off.

I've never seen a message 'you're attacking too fast for fel', I don't understand that one at all.

B

Birdseye

Use your journal to see who hit you.

To clear the weaken symbol re-cast it on yourself, it should go when the spell wears off.

I've never seen a message 'you're attacking too fast for fel', I don't understand that one at all.
Too Fast for Fell is a [God] guild char.

Equip either a Heavy or Composite Bow, and use moving shot to shot whilst running/riding.

You never know, someone may be stealthing around revealing. Glio [Man] guild is noramlly around doing this. (For the good of Fel kind).

Say goodbye to that 50k, and you really should put another 200k to one side if your going up yew gate for a night (especially if your playing by yourself, and fighting [God] guild), or you may end u going home empty handed and naked.:gun:

Oh, and be careful who you befriend up there. Some of [Dog] guild openly admit that they are scamming, cheating parasite's who even rob each other.

Correct me if i'm wrong James.

T

Tak

Thank you Petra, it worked.

hehe, well, whatever cheat hit me, it did well. But maybe that are just KR client related bugs...i will never know.

Still no explanation why i couldnt switch to an animal form above bullfrog.

The message was "You are attacking too fast for felucca" and it was in yellow over my head while i tried to bola a guy..lol..unlikely its a guild name. At least it should have been red or orange.

Anyway, investigating that bugs further is to expensive, i dont like to buy gold on ebay. I will pvp in another game and stay with events:lick:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
doh! 'you are attacking ( a character called) Too Fast for Felucca. You were swinging a bola and targeting a character with that name! If you'd been aiming it at me it would have said 'you are attacking Petra Fyde'. No cheat there.
At least it should have been red or orange.
Orange? You are in a faction? If so I assume you'd recently died. You *do* know about the 20 minute statloss?
Quoting from the playguide
DEATH AT THE HANDS OF A FACTION ENEMY
In order to add more permanence to the results of faction battles, and add meaning to death in combat without inflicting further economic damage upon the deceased, faction players are subject to a temporary skill loss penalty of 33% when slain by a faction opponent. As described in the time-based operations chart, this penalty lasts 20 minutes. This penalty is also applied if a faction character commits "suicide."
Note: This penalty is not applied when a faction player is killed by a non-faction player, faction mate or non-enemy faction monster.

T

Tak

That explains it all! Everytime i went to Fel to test pvp i joined a faction first.

"'you are attacking ( a character called) Too Fast for Felucca."

ROFL...i cant believe it!! Thats the oldest joke in multiplayer games history, hope nobody is reading your comments...:blushing:

G

Gandie

Hehe we have all been there, just keep on pvping if you find yourself enjoying it, maybe team up with other pvpers!

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Don't worry, no one dare laugh at you, we've all done something equally 'noobish' in our time. :)

T

Tak

Hehe, now when Petra told me the reason why my skills didnt work right Fel looks way more fun;)

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Glad to hear someone getting stuck in with PvP in Fel.

Is there a log file to see who or what hit you?
Haha, I so know how you feel. It does feel that way a lot when you're not fully wired into PvP yet, but you can check your journal to get a rough idea what's going on. I find it sometimes vanishes off the journal panel too fast during a larger battle, but you could always save your journals to a log file for a look over later. Or a laugh ;)

Just keep at it and you'll soon figure out what's what. And keep that insurance topped up at all times, it's easy to lose track of it.

Wenchy